Official NFL Playoff Thread

AUTiger7222

43 minutes ago, No.11 said:

They can be beat. Kelce and Kittle are 1a and 1b, but I'd give the edge to Kittle because he's a better blocker.

As for the Chiefs defense, you haven't said anything about them other than they might pick off Jimmy G, which depending on the circumstances, isn't really saying much in itself. They rely on turnovers, but they aren't really very good, although they have improved as of late. That said, they haven't run into anything the 49ers present. The 49ers have shown that they, unlike the Chiefs, can beat you pretty much any way they want to, which brings me to my point about Jimmy G.

I don't know where this perception came from that Jimmy G is some turnover prone QB that needs to be coddled in order for the Niners to win. It's not true. He threw as many TDs as Ryan with less INTs. When the Niners have relied on him to win big games like in Seattle and New Orleans, he showed up and balled. They just don't have to all the time, because as I said, they can win in different ways. Jimmy G may not be as good a QB as Mahomes, or Brady, or Ryan, but he's good enough.

The Patriots beat the Chiefs in last years AFCCG and should have beat them in the regular season (if it wasn't for clear TD that was overturned). They can be beat. Teams that have played them physical with mostly man coverage have had success against them. They struggle against it. The Niners excel at it. They've held teams under 200 passing yards on average this season. I don't see them giving up much more to Mahomes in the biggest game of the season.

Didn't say that Jimmy G was a turnover machine. Just that he put the ball in harm's way often when he throws quite a bit. By that I mean that he gives opposing teams chances but they don't necessarily capitalize. I think Chiefs defense will make a play on some of those.

As for Chiefs defense. They haven't been bad. Frank Clark has been on fire all postseason and people are underrating him. I wouldn't be surprised if Frank Clark wins SB MVP honors if the Chiefs were to win over Mahomes. He's been that good so far this postseason. People are undersell the Chiefs defense as a whole.

As for last season, if it wasn't for a sudden Dee Ford offsides Chiefs beat Patriots last year's AFCCG and go to SB 53.

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

It's still dangerous because the Chiefs have the fastest group of WRs in the league along with arguably the best TE in the league.

Niners DBs will have to make sure they jam them on release. Failure to do so could mean huge plays. Setting the tone early will be extremely important for the Niners defense

To me, the x-factors are the Chiefs o-line and Travis Kelce. The Chiefs thrive when plays break down and their receivers are able to play backyard football but the Niners have a ferocious pass rush. Mahomes and that offense is gonna have to play for short quick plays, try to run the ball, and let Kelce eat to help open up those big plays.

My biggest reason why the Chiefs win is because of 2 things...........1 is Jimmy G.........2 is that I think this will finally be Andy Reid's moment and will take some risks that will catch Shanahan off guard. Reid is gonna pull out all stops this time because this SB will set his legacy.

Reid is also desperate to get out of that historical group of Reeves, Levy, and Schottenheimer.

The first one I definitely agree with , I think 49ers cbs are physical. I think which could give the chiefs problems.

And idk tbh I think this team is going to run the ball down their throats. Chiefs couldn't stop Titans from running in the 1st half until they had a brain fart. I dont expect that to happen to the 49ers. 

They had them but let it slip , Shanahan will definitely not let that happen 

19 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Eh, I don't think that's true. I think tactically and schematically, they do much of the same things. It's just that Brees is more methodical and tends to go to an up tempo quick passing game because his arm isn't as strong as it used to be. Mahomes, being the big, two sport athlete he is, can go off script a lot more because of his ability to scramble and throw off balance, from a variety of throwing angles, with accuracy and velocity.

The Saints passing game has changed a bit due to Brees getting up there in age. Most of their passing game is feeding Michael Thomas possessions and targets and hitting screens to Kamara if he's healthy enough to play. Ginn is usually the deep shot guy when they set up a defense go over the top.

Chiefs offense is more of a track meet. Speed, Speed, speed with Mahomes being able to extend plays until his WRs are able to get open. It reminds me a bit of the Packers of the mid to late 90's under Holmgren, but with more speed. Farve in his prime was a master of playing closer to backyard football and would dart it once he sees a WR get open(or still triple covered lol).

Chiefs are built for the homerun play on any down, which was why their OC Biehemey(not sure how to spell it) said what he said a week or two ago.

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

The first one I definitely agree with , I think 49ers cbs are physical. I think which could give the chiefs problems.

And idk tbh I think this team is going to run the ball down their throats. Chiefs couldn't stop Titans from running in the 1st half until they had a brain fart. I dont expect that to happen to the 49ers. 

They had them but let it slip , Shanahan will definitely not let that happen 

I think the Chiefs will force the Niners to have to match score, which will put the ball in Jimmy G's hands more and cause them not to go to the run games as Shanny would like to. I just have a feeling that Reid is about to pull out stops to overwhelm Shanny. 4th downs, 3rd and inches, fake FGs will all be thrown at Shanny by Reid.

The SBs in recent years have been very wired to be honest. Teams that were known to dominate in defense or offense at some point lose way.

Like the Falcons offense in the 2nd half of SB 51. The Patriots defense and Belichick's coaching decisions in SB 52, even the Rams offense in SB 53 last year.

18 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The Saints passing game has changed a bit due to Brees getting up there in age. Most of their passing game is feeding Michael Thomas possessions and targets and hitting screens to Kamara if he's healthy enough to play. Ginn is usually the deep shot guy when they set up a defense go over the top.

Chiefs offense is more of a track meet. Speed, Speed, speed with Mahomes being able to extend plays until his WRs are able to get open. It reminds me a bit of the Packers of the mid to late 90's under Holmgren, but with more speed. Farve in his prime was a master of playing closer to backyard football and would dart it once he sees a WR get open(or still triple covered lol).

Chiefs are built for the homerun play on any down, which was why their OC Biehemey(not sure how to spell it) said what he said a week or two ago.

Yeah, which is why I said I think the Chiefs will have problems moving the ball on this Niners defense, because I believe the Niners defense will force Mahomes to be more methodical. They're not going to let him beat them over the top with downfield passing. Mahomes tends to take risks and throw the ball into tight windows because of his arm strength, and I think the Niners will capitalize on that.

The Patriots employed this tactic twice and it worked both times.

59 minutes ago, caponine said:

Well for one they have a better pass rush and two , they're not going to be scared to hit Mahomes. 49ers are legit a physical team which Hill, Watkins, Mahomes are not. They are way more finesse. The Safeties and cbs are not afraid to hit receivers. Every level of their defense good. 

So Jimmy G is more physical? I understand why you feel the way you do but the Patriots are a more physical team compared to the Niners imo. The Niners has yet to see an offense like the one they are about to. Time will tell what happens

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

The Niners played better offenses for most of the year than the Pats and still gave up less yards on average.

But to your point, the Chiefs struggled against the Patriots. Matter of fact, they held Mahomes to under 200 yards passing. The Niners have the personnel to slow the Chiefs down as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners studied the Pats approach to playing Mahomes and took some things away from those games (last years AFCCG included).

Play cover 2 man is what I would play if I was the Niners.

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

Eh, I don't think that's true. I think tactically and schematically, they do much of the same things. It's just that Brees is more methodical and tends to go to an up tempo quick passing game because his arm isn't as strong as it used to be. Mahomes, being the big, two sport athlete he is, can go off script a lot more because of his ability to scramble and throw off balance, from a variety of throwing angles, with accuracy and velocity.

Saints aren’t a big play team. They will beat you by methodically going up and down the field. Chiefs are a big play offense. They want to create chaos and hit the big play. Passing games aren’t the same

6 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

So Jimmy G is more physical? I understand why you feel the way you do but the Patriots are a more physical team compared to the Niners imo. The Niners has yet to see an offense like the one they are about to. Time will tell what happens

Why not man man ?