Official NFL Playoff Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just gonna point out that the Saints wouldn’t even have been playing this weekend if they didn’t lose to US. You’re welcome, Swamp Rats. Come join us on the couch and pop open a cold one. 

Tonight I will satiate myself on the tears of Saints fans... and laugh!  Looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Rooting for Tennessee upset in the WC round. Bills winning would be cool as well. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Rings said:

Fair, although with the way one year contracts work, it does somewhat.  They paid him more and they scored 13 points and won a Super Bowl.  Ryan scored 28 and they lost.  The difference between any year is still half of the cap hit Beasley had this year.  The difference is what we paid Carpenter or Brown.  I know you aren't a fan of Ryan, that's fine.  Regardless of who the QB is, if you have a top half of the league QB I believe you pay them.  You don't sign guards who have never been good or bring back a situational pass rusher who can't beat his blocks or sign a RB to a big second contract.

I hear you. I'm not saying Ryan/Julio are the sole reason for our woes. I just think the combo is not worth the price and leaves the team in desperation mode with making decisions in other areas. The Ryan/Julio era has me feeling like we go all in every year to make the playoffs and it often times causes us to make bad hasty decisions with player retention/acquisition in a way. I can't put my finger on it right now but i'll sort it out.

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

John Lynch sure didn't build the core of that team, but he sure put them over the top talent wise.

How much of this was in place when he got there? Staley, Armstead, Buckner, Tartt, Ward — I’m trying to think who else. There’s a lot of quality pieces he’s put out there.

Just now, Jerz #Quinning said:

I hear you. I'm not saying Ryan/Julio are the sole reason for our woes. I just think the combo is not worth the price and leaves the team in desperation mode with making decisions in other areas. The Ryan/Julio era has me feeling like we go all in every year to make the playoffs and it often times causes us to make bad hasty decisions with player retention/acquisition in a way. I can't put my finger on it right now but i'll sort it out.

Makes you wonder if they sign those two guards if the Draft happened prior to free agency (which I think it should, wouldn't be more entertaining that way I think).  That was the biggest whiff since signing Tyson Jackson and Paul Soliai.

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

You're right, how dare we celebrate diversity in a league that owners, executives and coaches are primarily made up of white men.  We have to have a rule just to give one black coach an interview for every head coach spot because it's so bad.  I think the best person should get the job, but that isn't the case in the NFL, a lot of sexist/racists in high spots making decisions.  So, I for one, like the commercial because it shows we are making some progress.

I'm a black dude who works in media. She is essentially a veteran intern and shes getting a commercial instead of black coordinators like Bienemy who have actually accomplished something. 

Just now, raysnill1 said:

hmmm, Mike Person and Ben Garland huh. and we still wanna complain about our O-line. with the right play-calling our line could beast a whole season,

Was about to say the exact samething an OC that’s committed to running the football a position coach that focuses in on execution and hello scrubs like Garland and Person can play lol.

Look at the ring leaders in charge of our circus it’s a joke.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Exactly why you don't pay for a RB.  If you pay a lot for a position that is taken out of the game completely when you need them the most, you paid the wrong position.

While I am against giving a RB his second contract, RB is just as important as any non-QB position.  I wooo Yo isn’t pay RB’s because their bodies don’t hold up thru the length of their second contract in most cases.  

But RB is still an essential piece of the puzzle

1 minute ago, stizz said:

I'm a black dude who works in media. She is essentially a veteran intern and shes getting a commercial instead of black coordinators like Bienemy who have actually accomplished something. 

The fact that Joe Judge and Stefanski got a gig and not Bienemy is asinine to me.  Pederson and Nagy hadn't called more than 4 games under Reid and were considered no brainers.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

While I am against giving a RB his second contract, RB is just as important as any non-QB position.  I wooo Yo isn’t pay RB’s because their bodies don’t hold up thru the length of their second contract in most cases.  

But RB is still an essential piece of the puzzle

Disagree, as does the league judging by the top ten cap hits by position.  The run game matters, but backs are more easily replaced than any other spot.  Niners highest paid running back hasn't taken a snap in the playoffs.  It's all about the play calling and oline.