Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AUTiger7222

Official NFL Playoff Thread

18 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Maybe I’m just a bad person, but I take evil glee in watching home teams lose.  It’s that “I can’t believe I blew $3,000 and risked a divorce” look on the fans

Rooting for underdogs in playoffs is what makes it fun for me if my team ain’t in it. 

And speaking of, Monday night in the Superdome I’d like to see Clemson administer a whooping on LSU in front of all those Cajuns in attendance. 

Edited by Skott Lee

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

I was told that mobile QBs were the future tho. 

Great when it goes well...not great when they have to play from behind and become one dimensional.

They are lol, Wilson, Tannahill, Rodgers, Watson and Mahomes are all mobile and are all in the playoffs 

Just now, falconfansince66 said:

Oh yeah, the former Ain't!  He's going 'home' just like they did last week! 

Always highly overrated anyways imho. He’s adequate I guess.  Just nothing to write home about. 

10 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

TITANS!  Knocked out the Pats on the road!  Knocked out the #1 seed Ravens on the road!  If there's a 'kryptonite' still left for them it's likely the Chiefs. If they go and beat the Chiefs (if they win tomorrow), then I just say give the danged trophy to them! 

I don’t know, there’s something brewing in the AFC South right now. Houston just might represent. 

19 minutes ago, Rings said:

I was told that mobile QBs were the future tho. 

Great when it goes well...not great when they have to play from behind and become one dimensional.

Reminds me of the Moneyball debate in baseball.  The early 2000’s Oakland A’s relied on on-base percentage and walks to generate offense.  It was called ‘revolutionary’ and ‘the future’ and worked great until they got to the postseason and ran into pitching staffs that pounded the strike zone.  

Running QBs—not mobile, let’s differentiate here as Jackson is nothing like Wilson or Rodgers—get in trouble in the playoffs because the higher quality defenses can take away the running lanes.  Jackson tonight reminded me of Vick in the 2004 NFCCG.  The Eagles made all of Vick’s runs go east-west and as soon as that happened we were cooked.  

Baltimore is not winning if Lamar has to throw it 52 times

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville

1 minute ago, Skott Lee said:

I don’t know, there’s something brewing in the AFC South right now. Houston just might represent. 

Well, if anyone was paying attention this year, the Titans did beat the Chiefs this season 35-32 at home. 

11 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Did y'all see when Ingram congratulated Henry?  Henry made him look like a midget.  BTW: The two only Crimson Tide Heisman Trophy winners in one shot there...

Man, Henry is a freak of nature and that shot with he and Ingram together really highlighted that fact. Dude is huge!

19 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Mark Ingram had over 1000 yards rushing.

You are former FF567. Why the change after 200 million posts, Tim from Cullman?

Edited by Skott Lee

10 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Well, if anyone was paying attention this year, the Titans did beat the Chiefs this season 35-32 at home. 

And the Chiefs historically have been playoff chokers too

7 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Well, they're now the AFC's highest seed left, let's hope they have another choke left in them this week or next.

If Houston and Seattle win tomorrow that means the Falcons played all four teams in the respective championship games, going 1-3 against them. 

33 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL @ Lamar & the one & done Ravens!  
I saw a bit of that pouting action tonight too. Pretty clear football is much greater than any hype QB.  
#1 seed... fail. Love it!
9 wins vs 14 wins.  TN looked like the better team tonight no doubt.  Great job!

The Ravens are the better team and it's too bad they lost to such a one-dimensional team like that.  But they outgained the Titans by 200+ yards and would probably beat them more times than not.  In fact I think the Titans would win about 20% of the time, and tonight was one of those 20%.  Any given Sunday, anyone can win.  The Titans had like 5 great offensive plays and were opportunistic on defense with three turnovers and two fourth down stuffs.

2 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

The Ravens are the better team and it's too bad they lost to such a one-dimensional team like that.  But they outgained the Titans by 200+ yards and would probably beat them more times than not.  In fact I think the Titans would win about 20% of the time, and tonight was one of those 20%.  Any given Sunday, anyone can win.  The Titans had like 5 great offensive plays and were opportunistic on defense with three turnovers and two fourth down stuffs.

If they were the better team they would have won. Just like Parcells says “You are what your record says you are”, it’s true that “The score shows who the better team was”. Its not gymnastics or figure skating. That’s why they keep score. 

Just now, Skott Lee said:

If they were the better team they would have won. Just like Parcells says “You are what your record says you are”, it’s true that “The score shows who the better team was”. Its not gymnastics or figure skating. That’s why they keep score. 

Well the records said 14-2 and 9-7.  But sometimes the 9-7 team can beat the 14-2 team.

5 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Well the records said 14-2 and 9-7.  But sometimes the 9-7 team can beat the 14-2 team.

Yep. Going into the game tonight, the records showed the Ravens to be better. Took about 45 minutes for the Titans to change that fact. That’s why they play the games.... and why the playoffs are so much fun!

Edited by Skott Lee

Just now, Skott Lee said:

Yep. Going into the game tonight, the records showed the Ravens to be better. Took about 45 minutes for the Titans to change that fact. 

There is a lot of randomness that plays into any football game, just like anything in life.  Tonight things went the Titans way and they were good enough to really lay the wood on the Ravens. If they played again, I'd still bet Ravens.

Just now, DogIsYourName said:

There is a lot of randomness that plays into any football game, just like anything in life.  Tonight things went the Titans way and they were good enough to really lay the wood on the Ravens. If they played again, I'd still bet Ravens.

Could be, but the Ravens blew an opportunity to play again.... like I said, the one and done nature of the playoffs is exciting.