Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconFanSince1970

To All Involved...Thank You For Not Tanking!!!

The fact that the Falcons sealed Jameis Winston's infamous, possibly eternal entry into the embarrassing quarterback record books today and won the game on the same play,  made this win completely enjoyable.

Even the tankers have to admit that. 

But of course they won't LOL.

Never endorsed tanking. This is football. You play to win the game. If your players aren't playing to win the game they shouldn't be playing. You get 16 chances to show your worth in the NFL regular season. Missing out on Chase Young doesn't bother me.

While I am a little upset we will probably keep Koetter I do like the idea of continuity. AB referenced the Steelers and Ravens for keeping their core together for so long. The continuity could flesh out returns we haven't had with all of our shuffling and turnover.

I just couldn't be happier to see the Falcons walk off in the fashion they did to put a stamp on what was a roller coaster of a season with some lowly lows.

28 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Once we were out of the Chase Young running I gave up on Tanking. 

Me too. I'm happy when we win. I'm glad the team turned it around.  Let's hope we don't start next year in a funk again.

37 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

From the owner to the HC to the water boy. Thank you for not tanking! I won't forget. Yes I know many TATFers would've rather tanked for draft position, but they still don't realize no NFL team ever tanks. Never. Not the Suck For Luck Colts or even the 2019 Miami Dolphins. Tanking is for draft geeks, mocker fockers and losers. This team is playing like the 1997 Falcon team that parlayed momentum to a Super Bowl berth the following year. And whoopin as on the road which is hard to do. There are so many reasons you never tank. Here are a few:

• For Real Falcon fans like me that want to see wins and never want to see losses
  • Jobs
  • Incentives
  • Revenue
  • Pride
  • Momentum

I concur.  No one tanks in big boy pro football.  Glad we fought to at least a less than humiliating finish.  Hope you’re correct abt next season.  Still an admitted skeptic but I support the team even this staff (however skeptical I am).  Great 2nd half!!

4 minutes ago, thamill said:

Me too. I'm happy when we win. I'm glad the team turned it around.  Let's hope we don't start next year in a funk again.

I’ll still take him In a heartbeat, but he did slow down a bit. He has plenty of time to learn how to beat double teams though 

49 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

From the owner to the HC to the water boy. Thank you for not tanking! I won't forget. Yes I know many TATFers would've rather tanked for draft position, but they still don't realize no NFL team ever tanks. Never. Not the Suck For Luck Colts or even the 2019 Miami Dolphins. Tanking is for draft geeks, mocker fockers and losers. This team is playing like the 1997 Falcon team that parlayed momentum to a Super Bowl berth the following year. And whoopin as on the road which is hard to do. There are so many reasons you never tank. Here are a few:

• For Real Falcon fans like me that want to see wins and never want to see losses
  • Jobs
  • Incentives
  • Revenue
  • Pride
  • Momentum

Profound letter bro. NEVER tank!!! 

6 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

This is too important. When you hear this, you know the players really want the HC to stay and make sure they get a ring out of it.

I’ve said this over and over and over. It falls on def ears. I’m glad a player finally expressed what I’ve been trying to tell my falcon brethren 

53 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Jobs
  • Incentives
  • Revenue
  • Pride
  • Momentum

Agree with er thang but dude don’t tell me the Colts didn’t tank for Luck. Curtis Painter.......c’mon man

Imagine hoping just 1 draft pick will make or break your season or franchise when you have a core already in place.

I mean...maybe Lindstrom? Ya know what...nevermind. Does he count since he wasn't a top 10 pick? Tankers would argue he couldn't have made a difference this year when the FA OGs were playing like trash. Just tank...get a high draft pick and overpay in FA right? WINS WILL COME! (Browns lol)

:tiphat: