FalconFanSince1970

To All Involved...Thank You For Not Tanking!!!

66 posts in this topic

Excellent job for this franchise way to go team yea. We won just enough games to keep this terrible coaching staff and front office intact for what will assuredly be another disappointing season full of laughable unpreparedness. But I guess that’s better than actually making the playoffs and finding yet another way to add to the proud and storied tradition of epic Atlanta postseason failure.

Time to make Vic Beasley the highest paid passrusher in the league and draft someone with our 1st round pick that everybody else has graded as a 3rd rounder at best!

You don’t need to run through blocks when you can run through walls baby WOOOOOO BROTHERHOOD!!!!

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

From the owner to the HC to the water boy. Thank you for not tanking! I won't forget. Yes I know many TATFers would've rather tanked for draft position, but they still don't realize no NFL team ever tanks. Never. Not the Suck For Luck Colts or even the 2019 Miami Dolphins. Tanking is for draft geeks, mocker fockers and losers. This team is playing like the 1997 Falcon team that parlayed momentum to a Super Bowl berth the following year. And whoopin as on the road which is hard to do. There are so many reasons you never tank. Here are a few:

• For Real Falcon fans like me that want to see wins and never want to see losses
  • Jobs
  • Incentives
  • Revenue
  • Pride
  • Momentum

Tanking should only come from the GM (see Miami and Oakland). I think low character players and coaches  will QUIT, but quality folks will never “tank”. 

Quality people won’t accept anything but the best from themselves.  Tanking might be appealing from a macro level, but on any given play, a coach is going to make his best call, and a player is going to make their best effort.  

if not, you’ve got the wrong people. 

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

From the owner to the HC to the water boy. Thank you for not tanking! I won't forget. Yes I know many TATFers would've rather tanked for draft position, but they still don't realize no NFL team ever tanks. Never. Not the Suck For Luck Colts or even the 2019 Miami Dolphins. Tanking is for draft geeks, mocker fockers and losers. This team is playing like the 1997 Falcon team that parlayed momentum to a Super Bowl berth the following year. And whoopin as on the road which is hard to do. There are so many reasons you never tank. Here are a few:

• For Real Falcon fans like me that want to see wins and never want to see losses
  • Jobs
  • Incentives
  • Revenue
  • Pride
  • Momentum

Here here

I’ve never been a fan of outright tanking, or rooting for it for that matter.  I think for me I look at it as the silver lining.  If we are going to lose, at least some good comes out of it in the future.  I never actively root against them.

The one and only time I’ve done that was when we were out of playoffs a few years ago and the team we were playing knocked the saints out of a bye week or something like that if they won.  Wasn’t even about the draft pick, and I wasn’t even really rooting against us, I was rooting against the Saints.  Felt dirty but my two favorite things that can happen during the season is a falcons win and a saints loss in that order...apparently my hatred for them was just over flowing that year.

I love the way the team fought at the end, I don’t believe in momentum year to year, too much changes and it’s too long of a time span.  7 months is too long of a long time to carry emotion or anything like that.  

I am excited for the offseason, I’m curious to see what they change coaching staff wise, what the do with cuts/restructured, free agency will be interesting, I hope we trade back in the draft, and I look forward to finding a bunch of obscure stats to annoy you all with over the next seven months.

Francis York Morgan likes this

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Jobs
  • Incentives
  • Revenue
  • Pride
  • Momentum

I agree... it's always better to represent yourself well rather than be a quitter and they all certainly did that. Plus the way we finished gives us something to build on for next season as they have proven they can win as a unit. Plus it's so much better going into the offseason with a win over Tampa!!  Well done guys.... let's do it all season in 2020!!

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

15 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’ll eat crow. I admittedly wanted to tank for a moment at the 1-7 start. I’ve enjoyed the 6-2 finish though 

I hate you thinking that for a second, then I admire your honesty for saying that and eventually coming around to being a non-tanker.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

16 hours ago, falconsrsuper said:

I would say we have a better record than anybody in the last 8 weeks of a nfl season the last 2 years. We should get a trophy for that lol

Just not true, 2018 had 5 straight losses before we played 3 sorry teams to finish the year.  This year was 6-2 with 2 great wins and taking care of bad teams as we should’ve. 

Francis York Morgan likes this

16 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’ll eat crow. I admittedly wanted to tank for a moment at the 1-7 start. I’ve enjoyed the 6-2 finish though 

I wanted a higher draft pick as well.  I'm not saying that I was wishing for losses, but reality at the time, no matter who you are, was that this team wasn't going to turn it around. I had come to grips with the fact we were going to have a horrible season, and a very high draft pick.  I too am grateful that the team played well the second half of the season. It proves what I have thought all along, that this team has the talent to compete.  Now, they need to put it together.  

JD dirtybird21 likes this

15 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The Suck For Luck Colts didn't tank. They started 0-13, finished 2-1 and followed up with 33-15. They definitely didn't tank. Trust me.

Except that at 0 & 13, they were probably already assured of the #1 pick.

16 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

A lot of us have.were ungrateful at times lol