Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
falconfanextreme

Our fullback is terrible

I've focused on our fullback on most running plays and he rarely hits his man or even gets in his way enough to stop him from making a play on our ball carrier. If there is a good fullback to be had later in this draft the Falcons need to draft him.  I think a good lead blocker might be the difference to give us a decent running game at least. Just my thoughts anyway. 

Why did he have a 2 foot long black towel or flag hanging from his belt at one point today?

He is only in on 10% of our teams snaps, FB isn't a huge piece in Koetters scheme, used about half as much as SF or MIN this year.

4 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

We got rid of the best fullback we've ever had a couple of years ago, and our run game has never really been the same since!  Can't recall his name, but I'm sure some of you will remember it --- 

Ovie was the best FB we ever had buy Patty D was a **** good one. He should be hitting f.a. this year.  Edit next year

25 minutes ago, falconfanextreme said:

I've focused on our fullback on most running plays and he rarely hits his man or even gets in his way enough to stop him from making a play on our ball carrier. If there is a good fullback to be had later in this draft the Falcons need to draft him.  I think a good lead blocker might be the difference to give us a decent running game at least. Just my thoughts anyway. 

Extreme 

i thought he has been a bright star for us this year. I have liked him primarily because who he was not: Ortiz. 

Can you or someone analyze his film and see how effective he has been?

3 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ovie was the best FB we ever had buy Patty D was a **** good one. He should be hitting f.a. this year

Yeah, Ovie was a good one, but DiMarco could definitely open a hole, too! 
And, I don't know if he (DiMarco) would be as good now as he was a few short years ago, but I'd like to see us bring him in and kick the tires.  Koetter's probably too stupid though (or stubborn) to know how to properly use him ---

2 minutes ago, quickzero said:

That D line we played today is pretty good. 

Ya think?!?!?!  I had no idea they were that good.  Poor Matt Ryan is probably thankful the season is over, after that "beating"!!!

49 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

He's actually been a solid FB. I wouldn't go crazy just becau6he ran into a brick wall on 4th and 2.

I'm not talking about his carries or even catches.  I'm talking about being a lead blocker.  I don't look for him to get touches because that isn't his role here with this system we're running.  I'm just saying watch him when he is supposed to block someone.  He is either missing the block entirely or blocking a player that would never touch our RB while the guy he should have blocked is dragging down our RB.

47 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

We got rid of the best fullback we've ever had a couple of years ago, and our run game has never really been the same since!  Can't recall his name, but I'm sure some of you will remember it --- 

The Falcons didn't "get rid" of Patrick DiMarco. The Bills badly overpaid him and the Falcons made the smart decision to let him walk. The issue was not replacing him with another good FB.

9 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Falcons didn't "get rid" of Patrick DiMarco. The Bills badly overpaid him and the Falcons made the smart decision to let him walk. The issue was not replacing him with another good FB.

So, we didn't get rid of him, we just didn't pay him....whatever. 
Maybe we should have paid him, though --- the Bills seem to be doing pretty good with him... 

9 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

So, we didn't get rid of him, we just didn't pay him....whatever. 
Maybe we should have paid him, though --- the Bills seem to be doing pretty good with him...

Patrick DiMarco isn't the reason the Bills are good. The reason the Bills are good is because of their defense. Their offense isn't very good but it doesn't matter because their defense is top 5 in the NFL. Their offense is one of the worst in the NFL.

58 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Extreme 

i thought he has been a bright star for us this year. I have liked him primarily because who he was not: Ortiz. 

Can you or someone analyze his film and see how effective he has been?

I agree with you he is better than Ortiz but he just seems to miss to many blocks IMO. I'm just hoping we can draft a true lead blocker which he doesn't seem to be. DiMarco was a good one here but with the system the Falcons run I'd like to see someone like Ovie Mughelli or Bob sister Christian. Been so long ago with Bob I don't truly remember if he was that devastating lead blocker or just a fan favorite lol. 

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

Dont disrespect Ovie like that. Dimarco was good but Ovie was ******* awesome. 

Dimarco took years to get where he was. Ovie came out **** swinging and skull cracking.

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

he was both.  yeah. i think a bruising FB is a good path to a strong running game..something we weren't committed to this year

Your right,  they came into the season loaded up with all the lineman and brought in Stoker at TE as if we were going to be a smash mouth team but the system and lead blocker told a different story.