Arians Dropped A Hint

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yep!! Exactly true. And the numbers I posted point out exactly what you're saying about Peyton.

You know another over confident player that threw a lot of picks? Brett Favre. Maybe that should’ve been the over confident player that I mentioned because Brett broke a lot of good records but he also broke bad ones. Like most int’s or close to it. And he’s a HOF’er. He had a great coach that reeled in as much as he could but Brett still had to be Brett. Good and bad. They lost a lot of big games because of Brett’s picks. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arians just said “there is so much good and so much terrible with Winston.  But I promise you next year we won’t beat ourselves anymore.” Winston is gone.  Look for TB to move up for Hebert or Tu

I actually would love if we had Arians as our OC or HC lol. 

kind of like his cravings for seafood???  

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I wish the Dolphins would use those 1st round picks to move up to get Joe Burrow. I want the Dolphins to be good again and Burrow can make that happen. Not a fan of Herbert.

Cincy isn’t trading out of the 1st pick and bypassing on the hometown hero. Burrow in Cincy is more exciting than Burrow in Miami. Fans in Miami only care if the teams are winning. Cincy will pack out the stadium to see Burrow no matter if they are winning or not. At least for a year anyway 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Cincy isn’t trading out of the 1st pick and bypassing on the hometown hero. Burrow in Cincy is more exciting than Burrow in Miami. Fans in Miami only care if the teams are winning. Cincy will pack out the stadium to see Burrow no matter if they are winning or not. At least for a year anyway 

Yeah I know. It's a pipe dream that isn't based in reality. Just sucks that Miami hasn't had a good QB since Dan Marino retired.

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

You know another over confident player that threw a lot of picks? Brett Favre. Maybe that should’ve been the over confident player that I mentioned because Brett broke a lot of good records but he also broke bad ones. Like most int’s or close to it. And he’s a HOF’er. He had a great coach that reeled in as much as he could but Brett still had to be Brett. Good and bad. They lost a lot of big games because of Brett’s picks. 

Yep. That is who Winston reminds me off. Favre thought he could make every throw and that's the reason he has all the amazing records, good and bad. That's the way Winston plays.

But I did find it very telling that they mentioned that Winston said this year is by far the most coaching he's ever received since he's been in the NFL. I think year two of Winston with Arians could be extremely scaring for opposing teams.

Edited by AUTiger7222
Just now, youngbloodz said:

Maybe one day they will figure it out. They might have to go the FA route

Had ownership listened to Nick Saban he might still be coach there. Amazing how much that 1 single decision by ownership to disrespect Saban that much and give him Culpepper when he wanted Brees changed the NFL and college landscape.

57 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yep. That is who Winston reminds me off. Favre thought he could make every throw and that's the reason he has all the amazing records, good and bad. That's the way Winston plays.

But I did find it very telling that they mentioned that Winston said this year is by far the most coaching he's ever received since he's been in the NFL. I think year two of Winston with Arians could be extremely scaring for opposing teams.

Absolutely. And it git Brett in trouble just like it does Winston. 

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

What does Tannehill’s MVP second half say about the Dolphins....

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

And that wasn’t a comparison. It was a matter of fact that any qb can throw a lot of int’s and the right coach come in and reel that in. It’s not about comparing player to player. This message board has a knack for making a post something it’s not. Nowhere in my post did I say those players were anything alike. It was about the RIGHT COACH coming in and tempering that’s over confident player. @FalconsIn2012 brought up winstons over confidence and he’s absolutely right. I brought up another over confident player that just happened to be Peyton Manning. But that doesn’t change the fact that Peyton was over confident when he first came in the league. Marshall Faulk even tried to tell him that he won’t be able to make some of the throws he made in college because nfl corners are too fast and good. Peyton didn’t listen and threw a lot of picks. The right coach came in and got all that over confidence tempered. That’s all the post was about. 

Winston has some absolutely incredible throws today.  He really did.  But some of those throws should never have been made.  Their score before halftime...Winston made 2 near perfect throws, one of them being the TD.   I’m not sure anyone else even attempts those two  throws...and I when it works, It further reinforces the behavior.

I just don’t know how Ariens can beat it out of him. Because he will continue to make throws into very  tight windows or brackets. And that will always lead to interceptions…

I think with Jameis you will just have to take the  bad With the good.  When he is on point, he is a top 3 QB

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yes, Tom Moore was the OC and had control over the offense but Tony Dungy is the head coach and every head coach has say over how aggressive a team is or isn't. And no, passing attempts does not indicate aggressiveness. Matt Ryan had 618 pass attempts this year but no one would claim that the Falcons ran an aggressive style of offense.

Tony Dungy reigned in Peyton from trying to do too much and "win" every play and game. He took pressure off Peyton and allow Peyton to stay within himself and the system.

Peyton's first 5 seasons in the NFL his interception totals were 28, 15, 15, 23, and 19. The next 4 seasons his interception totals were 10, 10, 10, and 9. Do you not see the difference there? I see a massive difference in cutting his interception average in half.

Looks like Manning got better as his career progressed. He never had a setback that compared to his rookie season. Many coaches, different teams, never once as bad as his rookie year.

In comparison, Winston in his 5th season set the NFL record for pick 6’s (7) to go along with his 30 INT’s. 

I agree there is a possibility he gets better with different coaches. It’s definitely not the norm 5 years into a career, but it does happen. If TB’s weapons stay healthy, I could see him forcing the ball less and having a decent season. I’m just saying I don’t think he is a franchise QB. Franchise QB’s take what defenses give them. I would rather roll the dice with a rookie than pay him north of $20m a year. I also would not tag him for $27m. Way too many question marks with him to demand that kind of money.

31 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Looks like Manning got better as his career progressed. He never had a setback that compared to his rookie season. Many coaches, different teams, never once as bad as his rookie year.

In comparison, Winston in his 5th season set the NFL record for pick 6’s (7) to go along with his 30 INT’s. 

I agree there is a possibility he gets better with different coaches. It’s definitely not the norm 5 years into a career, but it does happen. If TB’s weapons stay healthy, I could see him forcing the ball less and having a decent season. I’m just saying I don’t think he is a franchise QB. Franchise QB’s take what defenses give them. I would rather roll the dice with a rookie than pay him north of $20m a year. I also would not tag him for $27m. Way too many question marks with him to demand that kind of money.

Was Brett Favre a franchise QB?

44 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Was Brett Favre a franchise QB?

Yes. Favre set the NFL record for consecutive games played. Winston hasn’t played 16 games in 3 consecutive seasons. Favre threw more than 20 INT’s once in his first 6 seasons as a starter while throwing over 30 TD passes in 4 of those seasons.

Winston has thrown 30 TD’s once in 5 seasons with more INT’s. Winston has an outstanding arm, but that’s not enough.

1 hour ago, pzummo said:

Yes. Favre set the NFL record for consecutive games played. Winston hasn’t played 16 games in 3 consecutive seasons. Favre threw more than 20 INT’s once in his first 6 seasons as a starter while throwing over 30 TD passes in 4 of those seasons.

Winston has thrown 30 TD’s once in 5 seasons with more INT’s. Winston has an outstanding arm, but that’s not enough.

Brett Favre threw 336 interceptions in his career.  6 times in a season he had over 20 interceptions and prior to Winston this year no one had threw this many interceptions in a season since Favre's 29 in 2005. Favre going into his 4th NFL season had more interceptions than touchdowns. In the middle of Favre's career (1999 at age 30) he threw more interceptions than touchdowns. Also did it again in 2005 and 2010. In 2008 he had the same number of touchdowns and interceptions.

I don't know why you're harping on Winston about missed games when he's only had 1 year in his career where he was hurt. Otherwise he would have 4 out of 5 seasons playing all 16 games.

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

He doesn’t have to be cause he has tangibles Peyton didnt. Like running ability. 

I don't get why people always bring up Jameis' running ability, he averages 14 yards per game.  He has passed for 19,737 in his career and rushed for 1,044.  So 5% of his total yards have come from rushing.  Lamar had more rushing yards this year than Jameis has his entire five year career.  

13 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Arians just said “there is so much good and so much terrible with Winston.  But I promise you next year we won’t beat ourselves anymore.”

Winston is gone.  Look for TB to move up for Hebert or Tua

Yea, I feel Winston football career is a backup at best. However Hebert or Tua is not the answer. I think "Bridgewater" will be a heavy favorite for Leftwich. And Philip Rivers is next in line. Arians is not building. With receivers like Evans, Godwin and Perriman and a tough defensive line. They just need to add a corner and running back. McKay is not an answer for the Falcons. House cleaning after the 2020 season.   :flush: