Kicker & Punter

AUTiger7222

Koo's kicks looked better today. They've had some weird trajectories this season...Doesn't inspire much confidence from me. If he can improve that in the offseason, he'll be cheap to bring back.

Never understood the Bosher love affair by this coaching staff. Dude has a slow kicking process and consistently booted punts giving teams good field position. Bring back Ryan Allen.

5 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Koo's kicks looked better today. They've had some weird trajectories this season...Doesn't inspire much confidence from me. If he can improve that in the offseason, he'll be cheap to bring back.

Never understood the Bosher love affair by this coaching staff. Dude has a slow kicking process and consistently booted punts giving teams good field position. Bring back Ryan Allen.

He also converted 4 straight onside kicks (although 2 were called back due to penalty), that will never happen again in NFL history.

9 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

I also like that Koo isn't afraid to get his nose in the middle of the tackle on kickoffs. That's huge when the kicker is willing to help with the tackle. On those long returns the kicker is often the difference between a touchdown.

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I also like that Koo isn't afraid to get his nose in the middle of the tackle on kickoffs. That's huge when the kicker is willing to help with the tackle. On those long returns the kicker is often the difference between a touchdown.

He seemed to get more accurate as the year went on as well.  He also is the only kicker in the league that figured out how to kick and onside kick properly.  As long as we have him and 54 recovering them, we good to go!

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

He seemed to get more accurate as the year went on as well.  He also is the only kicker in the league that figured out how to kick and onside kick properly.  As long as we have him and 54 recovering them, we good to go!

His kicks did look a lot better as the season went on. At the beginning he made me very nervous because he was just barely making them but by the end of the season he was nailing them right down the middle. And yeah, he seems to know how to properly execute onside kicks.

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Agreed. ST's were better this season but I still want a KR/PR with speed.

I agree.  He looked good early and he normally makes the first man miss, but looked bad the last couple games.  I'm also just happy we arne't calling a fair catch every single play anymore.

Also love the weird amount of fumbles we are creating on punts/kickoffs lately.