Does the defense change with Morris?

Fernando C.

6 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Different players will be in the front 7 at least and possibly a new secondary player(or 2)...that's the most change you might see. Quinn will still have a hand in the defense like he does right now; playcalling and official roles don't really tell the whole tale.

Right on I kinda hope we keep the same thing going with him and Ulbrich calling plays.

2 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Right on I kinda hope we keep the same thing going with him and Ulbrich calling plays.

There will likely be collaborative effort still on play calls with maybe 1 guy calling in what is ran as it is this year and DQ won't let someone get blindly stupid that has the particular responsibility on calls moving forward; hopefully on the defensive staff OR the offensive side... (Dirk 70% pass plays most games *COUGH*)

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

Quinn would be smart to do with what works and not experiment with dumb shi* like he did the first 8 games of the year. Busted coverages, guys covering grass, no pressure on QBs, etc. 

Well, seeing as how Morris had the coverage on point the very week after being put back on the defensive staff?

49 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

There will likely be collaborative effort still on play calls with maybe 1 guy calling in what is ran as it is this year and DQ won't let someone get blindly stupid that has the particular responsibility on calls moving forward; hopefully on the defensive staff OR the offensive side... (Dirk 70% pass plays most games *COUGH*)

yes that Definitely has to go away I cannot see us winning the Superbowl with Matt Ryan throwing the ball for 40-50x game

5 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Quinn would be smart to do with what works and not experiment with dumb shi* like he did the first 8 games of the year. Busted coverages, guys covering grass, no pressure on QBs, etc. 

Yep. Quinn will start the season on the hot seat. Whatever they are doing now look for it to continue.

1 hour ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I wonder if this is the first time in the history of professional football that a guy has gone from being the WR coach to DC in one year. 

I know the Philly long time oline coach under Andy Reid was promoted to DC one year after requesting a change. Was a horrible mistake and only lasted one season. Note he had never coached the defence before in the NFL. At least Raheem started as a Defencive guy 

6 hours ago, Spts1 said:

The elephant  in the room. Is Quinn gonna be stubborn and still call plays on third down and run his scheme or will he do like Mike Tomlin did in Pittsburgh when he let Lebeau run the defense he was already running when Tomlin became head coach...

Morris is calling plays on 3rd down so why would that change next year? I don't think we'll see any changes defensively from what we've seen the last 7 games because it has worked so well. That's the reason Morris has been handed the DC job.

9 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

yes that Definitely has to go away I cannot see us winning the Superbowl with Matt Ryan throwing the ball for 40-50x game

The issue isn't Matt throwing it 40+ times a game. The issue is "why" he is having to throw that much. It's a **** good sign that the team as a whole sucks. He's lost a bunch of games in his career where he did, but he shouldn't have lost, he played well.