Lowndesfalc

New Cap space

194 posts in this topic

This is why I always said TD isn't the problem. Put together a team good enough to win a SB three years ago and always wins trades. He also makes the obvious moves and doesn't try to get cute. Last year everyone and their mother said we'd be moving on from Reed and Alford and it happened immediately after the season. 

I expect the same out of Trufant and Freeman but I really hope he can maneuver Trufant for a pick.

25 minutes ago, stizz said:

This is why I always said TD isn't the problem. Put together a team good enough to win a SB three years ago and always wins trades. He also makes the obvious moves and doesn't try to get cute. Last year everyone and their mother said we'd be moving on from Reed and Alford and it happened immediately after the season. 

I expect the same out of Trufant and Freeman but I really hope he can maneuver Trufant for a pick.

I would honestly cut both if possible. Maybe post June 1st cut.

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

-I would honestly cut both if possible. Maybe post June 1st cut.

Tru has a ridiculous cap hit cutting him wouldn't help us at all better to keep him- Now freeman..... Im ready to cut him now why pay him 7 mill a year when we can draft Etien or Taylor   for 1/4 the cost

Edited by Diggable Birds
Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Diggable Birds said:

Tru has a ridiculous cap hit cutting him wouldn't help us at all better to keep him Now freeman..... Im ready to cut him now why pay him 7 mill a year when we can draft Etien or Taylor   for 1/4 the cost

If the June first actually becomes available  this offseason if the CBA deal gets done then oth Trufant and Freeman are very cuttable but thatd be about 16m-17m wee wouldnt see until june 2nd

The Daywalker likes this

2 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

Tru has a ridiculous cap hit cutting him wouldn't help us at all better to keep him- Now freeman..... Im ready to cut him now why pay him 7 mill a year when we can draft Etien or Taylor   for 1/4 the cost

Ettiene might be there in the second round, but I’d be pretty shocked if Taylor doesn’t go in the first round.  

2 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

I believe someone said if we designate him a post June 1st cut we would save almost $5 mill. I could be wrong though

JDaveG likes this

9 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

Tru can be cut as a post-June 1 cut for $10,750,000 in cap savings over $4.4 million in dead money.  That's a $6 million dollar net cap reduction.

He can be cut.  Numbers are the same if we trade him.

18 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I would honestly cut both if possible. Maybe post June 1st cut.

No June 1 allocations this year with CBA in final year

In March [Todd Gurley] will not only guarantee his 2019 salary but also his 2020 roster bonus of $7.55 million. Once that happens the cost to release Gurley in 2020 would be over $20 million on the cap. Because this is the final league year of the CBA there is no June 1 provision so they would need to absorb that full number if they were to cut him.

This is the first contract that seems to have some acknowledgement of a potential work stoppage in 2020 based on the roster bonus language.

SeahawkFan80 likes this

Just now, federicofalcon2 said:

In March [Todd Gurley] will not only guarantee his 2019 salary but also his 2020 roster bonus of $7.55 million. Once that happens the cost to release Gurley in 2020 would be over $20 million on the cap. Because this is the final league year of the CBA there is no June 1 provision so they would need to absorb that full number if they were to cut him.

This is the first contract that seems to have some acknowledgement of a potential work stoppage in 2020 based on the roster bonus language.

Well dang

Just now, federicofalcon2 said:

Ugh.  If that's the case, we have some problems to overcome.

PokerSteve likes this

2 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Yep.  Tho I do not see a work stoppage.  Too much money to be made by all.

2 minutes ago, FalconDawg28 said:

I honestly don’t see the benefit in cutting Trufant bc it would cost more than he is making to replace him with someone just as talented. I would rather have Trufant for 1 more year to go with Sheffield and Oliver. 

Agreed, only way we make any money back on him is to play him or trade him to someone willing to each his cap hit.

FalconDawg28 and EpicBird like this

11 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Ugh.  If that's the case, we have some problems to overcome.

Such as? There isn't anyone we really have that we could designate June 1 cut with much savings anyways.