Which vets should stay?

ramonezy

Even though DQ and TD will be back next season, major changes are certain... 

One of my biggest complaints with TD is that I think he releases vets too soon and underestimate their impact on the team... example Freeney. 

Even with our cap issues, which vets should we keep going into 2020?

I'm for keeping Mack and Clay

IMO - Not back: (cut, not re-signed, traded)

Freeman

Schaub

Schweitzer

Brown

Stocker

Hardy

Sambrillo

Bosher

Campbell

Beasley

Bailey

Crawford

Gotta keep Hooper. Trufant will be back. Thinking they will get Clay back too. On the fence about Rico/Neal, but one could be traded. Not sure if Free could be traded vs cut also.

6 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Schaub, Bailey, Stocker, Sambraillo have to go.

Freeman would give us more dead cap than cap space.

Mack needs a restructure.

I know I freeman can still be very productive. It’s was more the line and play calling then him. But he carries a hefty price tag into 2020 for someone who hasn’t produced in 3+ seasons. I don’t know what the right call is with freeman.

19 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

I know I freeman can still be very productive. It’s was more the line and play calling then him. But he carries a hefty price tag into 2020 for someone who hasn’t produced in 3+ seasons. I don’t know what the right call is with freeman.

Freeman and ito can go.  Its time to use bigger backs who like to run

14 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

I would love that. But the thing is freeman doesn’t save much money by cutting him this year. And with Quinn and TD coming back idk if he is going anywhere. 

I could see them trying to trade him on draft day for a mid round pick. Don’t think he will be outright cut though looking at what else is on the roster (not pre-draft anyways).

36 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I could see them trying to trade him on draft day for a mid round pick. Don’t think he will be outright cut though looking at what else is on the roster (not pre-draft anyways).

I don’t think we cut him, and Quinn loves him some freeman. If we keep him hopefully we can get him between 220-250 touches on the ground, and a little less through the air. And pick up a good back to back him up. I am honestly not huge on Smith, or Olison. Though I do believe Hill could be a feature back if given the chance.

As of now, Free is easily our best RB...just don’t know if they try to upgrade him with one of the first 3 picks. Unless they take a stud in the draft, roll w Free and the mid rounders we already have stockpiled at the position. If Free doesn’t win the job in camp, go ahead and cut him then. I wouldn’t tie up 4-5 roster spots at the position again though.