Sugar Bowl - #7 Baylor vs #5 Georgia

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad passed away after 77yrs and 9 months on this earth this morning - it was a blessing and it was his time.    He grew up in Alabama and was Tide fan but became a UGA fan when he sent me there.

I'm not a Fromm hater in the least, but I'm not going to ever apologize for pointing out the visible warts that were exposed this season. Good on him for having a pretty solid final game of his Junior

LMAO someone said on another forum that we had to go for 2 there because Hot Rod fainted after Landers caught a TD! 

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

What I meant was Quay Walker isn’t in New Orleans.. I know we will be losing some from the LB core but it was more of a guess considering he didn’t make the trip

i wonder if it's an injury for Quay.. i don't see him transferring since he got plenty of playing time.. now tindall might leave, but i think that would be stupid by him personally.  he has a shot for some real playing time next year.. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

i wonder if it's an injury for Quay.. i don't see him transferring since he got plenty of playing time.. now tindall might leave, but i think that would be stupid by him personally.  he has a shot for some real playing time next year.. 

We won’t know unfortunately until after the game. I agree with your assessment between Tindall and Walker but things kids do nowadays don’t usually make sense

this is from ugasports: 

We can't say who is out for exactly what reason, but let me try to clear up some of the rumors.

UGA is down six starters:
Andrew Thomas
Isaiah Wilson

Ben Cleveland
Tyler Clark
Brian Herrien
J.R. Reed

Six more back ups are out:
D'Marcus Hayes
Tyrique McGhee
Divaad Wilson
Justin Young
Quay Walker
Walter Grant

The first two are headed to the NFL.
The two in red are injured.
Per our sources, there were only two guys who failed a drug test. Most of the rest, if not all, are missing the game becasue they are academically ineligible for not passing enough credit hours.

3 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

We won’t know unfortunately until after the game. I agree with your assessment between Tindall and Walker but things kids do nowadays don’t usually make sense

you have a few things in the mix.. parents and friends telling them "go where you can play more" to other programs like usce and auburn, etc who are recruiting kids to leave programs.. that is happening a lot.  

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

this is from ugasports: 

We can't say who is out for exactly what reason, but let me try to clear up some of the rumors.

UGA is down six starters:
Andrew Thomas
Isaiah Wilson

Ben Cleveland
Tyler Clark
Brian Herrien
J.R. Reed

Six more back ups are out:
D'Marcus Hayes
Tyrique McGhee
Divaad Wilson
Justin Young
Quay Walker
Walter Grant

The first two are headed to the NFL.
The two in red are injured.
Per our sources, there were only two guys who failed a drug test. Most of the rest, if not all, are missing the game becasue they are academically ineligible for not passing enough credit hours.

:bang::wtf:

27 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Can Kirby get players that want to truly represent UGA? Tired of these players just saying F it. 

He can do that or he can recruit an army of five stars from across the country whose objective is to get to the NFL. 

I’ll take my chances on the five stars.

2 hours ago, sdogg said:

Can Kirby get players that want to truly represent UGA? Tired of these players just saying F it. 

In Kirby’s defense, majority of these are missing don’t have character issues would be playing if we were in a playoff game. The money that these guys risk is a lot and none of us can say we wouldn’t make the decision. The ones I’m irritated at are the academic ineligible guys and failed drug test guys (Cleveland, Herrian and one unknown for failed drug test) 

55 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Good practice for next year, 2nd string should be dying to show their stuff. Jake needs a good game to stay on the NFL's radar, though Id imagine he returns to Athens to look to improve draft stock. Better have worked on some quick passes and getting Cook involved, otherwise they still should be able to ground and pound a bit. 

1 hour ago, putnam6 said:

Good practice for next year, 2nd string should be dying to show their stuff. Jake needs a good game to stay on the NFL's radar, though Id imagine he returns to Athens to look to improve draft stock. Better have worked on some quick passes and getting Cook involved, otherwise they still should be able to ground and pound a bit. 

Yeah I think it’s about their attitude because they still have more than enough talent remaining to take care of Baylor.

Matt Rhule spoke highly of the UGA defense. Said it was by the far the best defense they'll face this year. Rhule was also impressed by how many people Kirby plays. He said he would be afraid to rotate in as many guys as Kirby does. Rhule added he has the greatest respect for the talent of UGA and the talent is fantastic everywhere. 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:37 AM, g-dawg said:

Players out or not, if UGA loses two years in a row to the pathetic BIG 12, it will be an embarrassment to the program.

I wanna see a preview to a more open/diverse offense in this game as well.

bingo

On 12/28/2019 at 11:37 AM, g-dawg said:

Players out or not, if UGA loses two years in a row to the pathetic BIG 12, it will be an embarrassment to the program.

I wanna see a preview to a more open/diverse offense in this game as well.

but also we may be big time run heavy for clock control just my opinion and I think Jake hits a few big ones

On 12/28/2019 at 7:30 PM, SacFalcFan said:

someone said that quay has a separated shoulder and grant hasn't been cleared since that cheapshot by lsu. 

again the ? is why are they not in new orleans injured players also travel

On 12/29/2019 at 0:07 AM, Bdawg58 said:

In Kirby’s defense, majority of these are missing don’t have character issues would be playing if we were in a playoff game. The money that these guys risk is a lot and none of us can say we wouldn’t make the decision. The ones I’m irritated at are the academic ineligible guys and failed drug test guys (Cleveland, Herrian and one unknown for failed drug test) 

positive drug test and academic casualties would not be playing