TD and Quinn not impressed with LG

The Don™

During the press conference today, TD fielded a question about the OL and said he's excited about the growth of McGary and Lindstrom and how much of a positive impact Mack makes on them. Matthews was also praised. No mention of Jamon Brown, Wes, and James Carpenter or the LG spot. 

Pretty sure TD and Quinn realize how much of a bust their two FA guard signings were and it's going to get addressed this offseason. Also sounds like Mack is not going anywhere.

If we can solidify that LG spot, keep everybody healthy, and have a decent run game, Matt will have a cleaner jersey week in and week out.

We just need average play there with how good we maybe at the other 4 spots. That said, Gono has done well every time he got a chance it seems. That said, hid build and athleticism screams tackle to me. Reminds me of T. Armstead in that regard.

if Gono isn’t the guy, get a guard in round 2 to compete with one of the free agent failures.

3 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Why? He has performed anywhere from serviceable to dominant this season. 

Yeah the Cowboys all pro, elite OL from a couple years ago did them so well right? You're not gonna have dominance at every position every game. Idk why people can't get that.

People forget about the Sam Baker, Lamer Holmes, and Will Svitek days before Matthews.

49 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

The fact that Matthews was praised...quite baffling.

55 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

During the press conference today, TD fielded a question about the OL and said he's excited about the growth of McGary and Lindstrom and how much of a positive impact Mack makes on them. Matthews was also praised. No mention of Jamon Brown, Wes, and James Carpenter or the LG spot. 

Pretty sure TD and Quinn realize how much of a bust their two FA guard signings were and it's going to get addressed this offseason. Also sounds like Mack is not going anywhere.

If we can solidify that LG spot, keep everybody healthy, and have a decent run game, Matt will have a cleaner jersey week in and week out.

Buddy's been trending down since he got here. I know TATF hates PFF but here are Mack's overall scores since he got here:

• 2016 - 90.8
  • 2017 - 90.6
  • 2018 - 77.4
  • 2019 - 70.3

If you don't like PFF just watch the dam tapes. I would cut him for cap relief. Definitely wouldn't restructure him for cap relief. Time to cut bait and find his replacement. Hopefully not a King Konz, Missing Person, Brawley or R Stone. Why you do this to me Dimi???

46 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

we need to pull a Andy Levitre move...any names of FA or Tradable LG and we need to draft a running back...no receiver any WAR brought in needs to be a vet. Also i dont think we should sign alot of Free Agents because we should be getting alot of Comp Picks.

Agreed. The only thing I would let Dimi do this year is find wasted pick trades like TonyG, Levitre, Asante and Foxy. He is good at it. Call his LAR and JAX friends and get something done. No picks and definitely no free agents from him this year.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Buddy's been trending down since he got here. I know TATF hates PFF but here are his overall scores since he got here:

• 2016 - 90.8
  • 2017 - 90.6
  • 2018 - 77.4
  • 2019 - 70.3

If you don't like PFF just watch the dam tapes. I would cut him for cap relief. Definitely wouldn't restructure him for cap relief. Time to cut bait and find his replacement. Hopefully not a King Konz, Missing Person, Brawley or R Stone Dimi!

Matthews was here before 2016 

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Agreed. The only think I would let Dimi do this year is find wasted pick trades like TonyG, Levitre, Asante and Foxy. No picks and definitely no free agents.

now our draft status is from 11th to 15th we are in a awesome spot. Maybe trade away a 4th and 5th maybe pick up a 3rd.

That would give us 1st 2nd 2nd 3rd 3rd picks. Three out of five should be on defense if we don't retain Hooper, four out of five if we do.

2 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

we need to pull a Andy Levitre move...any names of FA or Tradable LG and we need to draft a running back...no receiver any WAR brought in needs to be a vet. Also i dont think we should sign alot of Free Agents because we should be getting alot of Comp Picks.

He’s to small I’ve heard we need to get bigger up front because size fixes everything along the LoS.

purple/

3 hours ago, The Don™ said:

If they let Mack walk and they have another Person or Konz situation they know they probably won’t make it 6 games.

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

We paid him all that money to be serviceable, eh?  And dominant is definitely pushing it.

Part 1. Hardly anyone is dominant every game, I accounted for his ups and downs. (Which is more than some are willing to do...)
Part 2. that’s your opinion, And his grading and the snippets I read From analysts on him disagree with it.

3 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Just roll with Gono and Wes if he is under contract

3 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Freaking Q Spain was there for the taking.