Quinn: “Koetter Is My OC in 2020

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not a huge fan of Koetter, but I’m tired of the parade of OCs Matt Ryan’s has through his career. Changing coaches every year isn’t how you build a winner. 

Kyle Shanahan's first year as OC...  "He sucks, fire them all!"   Second year as OC...Super Bowl Bound!  Shanahan for President!!!

There’s a pro to this. Dam near every offensive player who contributed this season will be back next season so there’s no excuse for anyone not to know their routes and who to block. There may be a fe

Posted Images

There’s a pro to this. Dam near every offensive player who contributed this season will be back next season so there’s no excuse for anyone not to know their routes and who to block. There may be a few new faces but overall the offense should mostly stay intact. 

We can ***** about the offensive line play all we want. In the end we witnessed a mixture of results throughout the season. The key is everyone remaining healthy. 

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

There’s a pro to this. Dam near every offensive player who contributed this season will be back next season so there’s no excuse for anyone not to know their routes and who to block. There may be a few new faces but overall the offense should mostly stay intact. 

We can ***** about the offensive line play all we want. In the end we witnessed a mixture of results throughout the season. The key is everyone remaining healthy. 

Yup

For all of the hand wringing about DK.....we have had the chance to score 30 or points in well over half of our games this year if we simply make the plays that are there.

Some better decisions/throws by Ryan alone will add a couple points a game..

Throw in better ball security and more consistent kicking and the offense can easily score 30 a game.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup

For all of the hand wringing about DK.....we have had the chance to score 30 or points in well over half of our games this year if we simply make the plays that are there.

Throw in better ball security and more consistent kicking and the offense can easily score 30 a game.

If we’re being honest I completely agree. Poor execution early on played a huge role that not many were willing to accept. Same went for Sark

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup

This, this, this, a million times this...

People look at stats and think "well he sucks cuz we arent in x place for this stat" when in reality its more on the execution (for the most part) and injuries to the line. I think DK will be turning heads next year (if he stays). 

Don't give me any grief about 'stats'. Interpret them as you may ( leave me out of it ):

Atlanta is #5 in Yards Per Game.

#3 in passing yards

#13 in total points

DK hasn't exactly sucked. When our D started playing at a NFL average level we started winning. If he could get the rushing attack to just midlevel he'd be unstoppable.

Edited by Geneaut

Well, the Falcons offense is #5 (ahead of the 49ners and Saints) in the total offense category, and that is in large part because we have the #3 passing offense. Where the offense really sucks is running the ball, where we are #30. It doesn't help that the team has played from behind most of the year, in large part due to terrible defensive play and numerous penalties on both sides of the ball. Getting a better defensive effort with more turnovers, better field positions, and far fewer penalties will help the run game significantly as we've seen in the last few weeks. You really can't put it all on, Koetter.

14 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

This, this, this, a million times this...

People look at stats and think "well he sucks cuz we arent in x place for this stat" when in reality its more on the execution (for the most part) and injuries to the line. I think DK will be turning heads next year (if he stays). 

As the official ring leader of the "Dk is better than given credit for bandwagon"....which feels like a one seat wagon pulled by a bicycle with a flat tire sometimes........there are a lot of things that he can do better.

Just like all coaches and players he has significant room for improvement.

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He will be, of course.  That doesn’t mean he is the right person to maximize our offensive potential.

I think he is the right person.  If you're looking for the next dynamic offensive mind, truth is, Ryan's not the qb for that.  Ryan has put up NFL leaderboard numbers in his career by running a pretty standard offense; one that seems to get in it's own way when too much trickeration (lol) is in play.