Falcons better win against the Bucs

Sun Tzu 7

While it’s clearly not a must win game the fans need a W.

The last thing the Falcons need is to announce keeping Quinn to a skeptical fan base and then have the bad Falcon team show up.

Edit:  I should clarify.  F draft position and all that.

Im talking about fan support.  I’m talking about Blank’s constituents.  I’m talking about the ones that actually put skin in the game.  Season ticket holders.

Im sure many of them are skeptical about this as the board is.  Based on the number of videos the Falcons put out it sure seems like they think the same thing.

Theres no offseason momentum but there are paying customers that need to be convinced to renew their season tickets and pay more for them.  Having this team come out looking inept like they did for the first part of the season would be horrible.

Theres no offseason momentum for the team.  But there is for fans and they will really need it. Everyone knows Quinn isn’t surviving another 1-5 start next year so they need to fool us into thinking that isn’t happening again.

Why? I’m not one for tanking but wouldn’t that make the masses here happy? TD and DQ know they will be back. Why not lose and get a better pick? 

As for me, I do believe in momentum. The injuries hid what the first half of this season showed. DQ made his corrections after the bye and they worked. He’s now truly building towards something better. Win this bad boy and finish on a 6-2 note. And take the momentum and changes made into next season

53 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

While it’s clearly not a must win game the fans need a W.

The last thing the Falcons need is to announce keeping Quinn to a skeptical fan base and then have the bad Falcon team show up.

The falcons could win this game by 40 points. It won't matter. The pessimists will keep on complaining.

Lose. Coach's job is already secure. Makes zero sense to win when it means you could drop from within a top 10 pick to 18. Before anyone says anything about tanking, we literally screwed the pooch last year by stringing off meaningless wins where we couldn't draft Oliver. 

1 hour ago, FalconofShadows said:

I expect the team to come out flat because now they aren't fighting to save a job anymore idk if that means they lose but they will fall behind early

Or you can chose to be optimistic and say you think the team will come out on fire now that they know there coach will be back, and want to validate Blanks decision.

anyone who thinks players suddenly stop caring or trying in this scenario is nuts and doesn’t know how true competitive athletes think. 

if the Falcons lose Sunday it won’t be because the coach they love kept his job. Doesn’t it sound silly to anyone else when it’s stated like that???

10 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

does anyone know what place in the draft if we lose

There are simulators out there, look it up. The draft position goes well beyond if Falcons win or lose...there are 31 other teams in the equation.

i am choosing to be in the present and root for a win. The draft order will fall where it falls on Monday.

It’s funny because i thought if we lost to Tampa then DQ would be fired i though Blank would wait until after the season ... well the only thing i can say is what we said last year hopefully this win streak at the end of the year will “carry over” but I’m not gonna lie it’s hard to get excited about this team rn 

37 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Or you can chose to be optimistic and say you think the team will come out on fire now that they know there coach will be back, and want to validate Blanks decision.

anyone who thinks players suddenly stop caring or trying in this scenario is nuts and doesn’t know how true competitive athletes think. 

if the Falcons lose Sunday it won’t be because the coach they love kept his job. Doesn’t it sound silly to anyone else when it’s stated like that???

Obviously someone has never gotten good news after working so hard for something. Its a natural reaction  to take a deep breatha and a sigh of relieve getting something you caught so hard for. I never said they wouldn't try but it's the same affect as a team that goes into a trap game your head is somewhere else and for them its potentially  them knowing they accomplished their goal of keeping their HC