• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this don't show you Arthur Blank is part of the problem , idk what will 

Get ready mods. The crybabies are gonna be out in full force today

BREAKING NEWS: we flop again next year 

Just now, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

Dude Fields left because he didnt want to wait a year to play. Fields got in his feelings and left. UGA didnt screw him over. Plus quit disrespecting my QB Ryan. He has done everything he could for this franchise and sorry fans like you keep hating him because you miss a running QB. 

Fields left because he was mismanaged and not given a FAIR SHOT! There were even reports out of practice that the O was functioning at a higher level with Fields in there, it even caused a semi-split in the locker room. Fromm is average, the numbers speak for themselves. Fields never got a fair chance... put him in mop-up duty and on designed QB runs. Couldn't even showcase the cannon of an arm he has. He was used compeletly wrong. UGA screwed Fields and I hope he wins it all to prove the point that we let a generational Talent at QB go for a mediocre Fromm. 

Just now, D.B.N. said:

Fields left because he was mismanaged and not given a FAIR SHOT! There were even reports out of practice that the O was functioning at a higher level with Fields in there, it even caused a semi-split in the locker room. Fromm is average, the numbers speak for themselves. Fields never got a fair chance... put him in mop-up duty and on designed QB runs. Couldn't even showcase the cannon of an arm he has. He was used compeletly wrong. UGA screwed Fields and I hope he wins it all to prove the point that we let a generational Talent at QB go for a mediocre Fromm. 

EXACTLY!!!!!

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

EXACTLY!!!!!

Its ridiculous that fans still try to defend Kirby and Fromm and try to imply "Fields left because he didn't want to wait a year, or because he couldn't read a defense" PLEASE GTFO with that nonsense. Kirby sold him on the opportunity to compete... he was a UGA fan and his dream was to play for Georgia, only to be brought in and realize heavy favorites being played in Athens. He never was given a fair chance, and I stand by that. Can't blame him for leaving since he (and anyone with two eyes and a brain) knows hes the superior talent at QB. 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

If this don't show you Arthur Blank is part of the problem , idk what will 

On Pro Football Talk (I saw it this morning, but it's a repeat), host Mike Florio said that Quinn and TD might be retained because other candidates that AB wanted were not interested in the job wanting to wait for other opportunities that were available to come knocking. He and Simms insinuated that the Falcon's job was not coveted because of the inner workings of the organization.

If true, that is a troubling thing to hear.  

Just now, TheUsualStuff said:

On Pro Football Talk (I saw it this morning, but it's a repeat), host Mike Florio said that Quinn and TD might be retained because other candidates that AB wanted were not interested in the job wanting to wait for other opportunities that were available to come knocking. He and Simms insinuated that the Falcon's job was not coveted because of the inner workings of the organization.

Yeah the stench rises to the top. Blank is way too involved in football operations, he needs to step tf back. Doesnt matter tho his buddy gel boy and Quinn are safe cuz he doesn't want to hurt anyones feelings. 

1 hour ago, Brewcrew said:

“Arthur M. Blank, Atlanta Falcons owner and chairman, announced on Thursday that general manager Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Dan Quinn have been retained and will both now report directly to Falcons President and CEO Rich McKay.

Blank will retain oversight of the football operation, with McKay reporting directly to him on all football matters. Additionally, Raheem Morris has been named Falcons defensive coordinator, effective at the conclusion of the 2019 season.”

I’m interested to see what Raheem can do as DC after learning under one of the best offensive minds how they attack a defense. 

Also note there was no word on DK in the announcement?!

This is how I said it should go yesterday. Keep everybody and promote Morris to defensive coordinator.  Keep Koetter on offense. Give them the first part of next season to continue the late season success. If not,  THEN go full tank mode and take cap hits by trading and cutting big contracts...

50 minutes ago, stizz said:

Why does it matter? If someone fails you can call them out on it. I assure you I work much closer to this medium than you. Fatboi and KOG know what I do. I've mentioned it here from time to time, but that doesn't matter. A Dollar Tree manager can call something out if it is deemed unsuccessful. 

Calling out the results is fine, but you've stepped past that. You have made several statements that call into question the mans character. If you are going to do that, you **** sure better have the accolades to back up your point of view. You have openly stated that he isn't a good leader and that players only like him because he's a push-over. I call BS on that.

I can tell by your statements that you have more than likely never been in a position to where you are in charge of  an organization or it's people. Being a radio broadcaster doesn't make you qualified to judge a mans ability to lead others. And I can assure you, in that medium, I've done more than you could ever hope to.

Edited by RubberDucky
2 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Give me a break! Sounds like a whole bunch of made up Mumbo Jumbo.  Florio & Simms - :lol:

32 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

You'll be glad this time next year.. They learned a lot of hard things this year.. And I'd hate to get a new HC that would have to go throw all the things needed to know and learned this year..

1. Exactly how to go about a season to win,, who to draft and who to get in Facy.

2. That you should get Vet proven OL instead of drafting them.

3. Draft everything other than OL

4. By sticking to quick O# plays,, not the ones that take 30 minutes to develope

5. Etc,, I could go on and on.. But i saw a huge change after we learned these things.

All we can do is wait an see but I've seen all I needed to see a long time ago. I understand why we kept him but it wasnt the right decision. If we get beat down on sunday dont be surprised 

Well, Quinn couldnt control the team in 2015 when we started 5-0 and then lost 9 of 11.  He couldn’t control the epic Super Bowl meltdown.   He couldn’t control the poor performance and issues in 2017 and pathetic showing against the eagles and this year has bee self explanatory.  I have no faith that Quinn can manage a team for a full year.  He has not proved he can.  

5 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I don't agree that Fromm is just mediocre as the team was horrible at the WR position this season, but it is absolutely true that Fields left because he was promised it would be a true competition for the job and it never really was.

It is also true that because of the teams weakness at WR, Fields skill set would have covered for the teams huge WR hole. No WR's to speak of outside of Cager and a non-running threat at QB really let defenses stack the line against Swift, Herrien, et al.

Although I don't think that Fields being a better choice means Fromm should be thought of as "mediocre". With WR's capable of winning matchups against their opponents he always performed quite well. Fields would not have been out there lighting up the passing offense with that UGA group this season.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Best decision for the situation.  Those huge contracts TIED Dimitroff and Quinn to the Falcons. The Falcons have  to maximize  that  investment and the best way to do that was to retain everyone. The second best move was to promote Morris  to defensive  coordinator. Great moves...

2 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

All we can do is wait an see but I've seen all I needed to see a long time ago. I understand why we kept him but it wasnt the right decision. If we get beat down on sunday dont be surprised 

WEll, IMO we would have had double the beat downs next year if AB had cleaned house,,  And taken another 3 years to get back to where we are right now.. So I'm very happy about ABs decision.. He didn't get to where he is by making bad decisions.      :tiphat:

As a PSL and season ticket holder I’ve got really mixed feelings about this.

I’m doing a glass half full/half empty exercise to get my head around this. One thing is clear - AB is in win now mode. I’m just not sure he has any idea how to get there so he’s doubling down on what he knows, and he’s placing a lot of faith in 7 games that while included impressive wins over the Saints and Niners, also included a blow out loss against the Bucs at home, a loss at home against the Saints in which the Falcons were clearly the inferior team, and wins against the Kyle Allen led Panthers and the Minshew led Jags. A clear example of the recency effect if I ever saw one because the total body of work is very uneven. 5 years in the NFL is more than enough as a data set. 

The biggest risk is that the fan base is getting pretty alienated and if my feelings are an indication, cynical about AB and recycled messages pulled from the same tired PR bag of nothing-speak. Yes, he’s in it for the money, and nothing wrong with that. But losing teams make less money than winning ones and to a guy that’s about 80, legacy and reputation usually matter as much or more than money. 

Half full: the continuity argument has merit. You make wholesale changes and you really don’t know how things will work out. You also have an adjustment period and a likely a lot of roster turnover. You convince yourself that DQ has learned a lot on the job and is ready to apply those lessons. Veterans on the team like him. Notwithstanding consecutive 4-9 starts you have a talented roster that can compete and win. The decade plus record of TD is top ten in the league. The drafting has overall been better than average. There are other positives. 

Half empty: these guys have really learned very little over the past 3 seasons. Same lack of discipline, same hubris and resulting lack of deep self analysis leading to the same roster weaknesses. Quinn has yet to demonstrate that he’s a top tier coach in the league. Churning assistants and hiring friends to cover for a lack of vision, accountability and leadership. Relying on Rich McKay, whose football pedigree and record are dubious. There’s a bunch of stuff I’ve probably left out. 

I’m not expecting perfection. I am expecting a vision and discernible progress and not just with a 7 game sample size. I’m having trouble seeing either one. Convince me otherwise (or not). 

Edited by EpicBird