• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this don't show you Arthur Blank is part of the problem , idk what will 

Get ready mods. The crybabies are gonna be out in full force today

BREAKING NEWS: we flop again next year 

8 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I do, but I agree -- early in the season, basically the 1st quarter, the offense was costing us games.

Since then, they haven't been world beaters, but they're good.  If the defense can keep playing like this, and the offense improves only marginally, those two things will feed off of each other in 2020.  

First quarter of the season:

20.00 points per game.

Since then:

23.72 points per game.

Again, not great shakes, but certainly much better than those first four games.

I’m not trying to be a downer, but our offensive improvement had more to do with the defense creating 15 TO’s since the bye.  Don’t you think?  

Even against the 49ers, we scored 29 points (non offensive td) but couldn’t gain 300 yards.

Oddly enough, we averaged more offensive ypg in games before the bye than we did after the bye

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’m not trying to be a downer, but our offensive improvement had more to do with the defense creating 15 TO’s since the bye.  Don’t you think?  

Even against the 49ers, we scored 29 points (non offensive td) but couldn’t gain 300 yards

I don't think you can separate those things either way.  Maybe the defense played better because the offense was more productive.  

They help each other.  It's why I'd rather have a number 10 offense and a number 10 defense than a number 1 offense and a number 22 defense.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

Honestly, I don't think that tells the whole story.  The offense could have been better in 13 and 14 for sure, but it was still pretty good.  To the point that everyone was mad when we hit the rocks in 2015.  People were saying "the offense was fine, we should have kept Koetter."

The defense in 13 and 14, by contrast, was putrid.  We were starting 2 UDFA linebackers.  The d-line was awful.  The secondary was good, but not great.  

2013:  

Points For: 353 (22.1/g) 20th of 32

Points Against: 443 (27.7/g) 27th of 32

2014:

Points For: 381 (23.8/g) 12th of 32

Points Against: 417 (26.1/g) 27th of 32

People remember it being a lot worse than it was.  Really, if Konz and Holmes could have played, it would have been much, much better (but not good enough to get past defenses ranked 27th in points allowed both seasons).

I'll take it one step farther, the Falcons were 8-0 in 2012 because of the offense. Offense in 2012 scored 419 points (26.2 PPG). Counting the playoffs the offense scored 27 or more points 9 times. Only twice the entire season counting the playoffs did we not reach 20 points in a game.

24 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I do, but I agree -- early in the season, basically the 1st quarter, the offense was costing us games.

Since then, they haven't been world beaters, but they're good.  If the defense can keep playing like this, and the offense improves only marginally, those two things will feed off of each other in 2020.  

First quarter of the season:

20.00 points per game.

Since then:

23.72 points per game.

Again, not great shakes, but certainly much better than those first four games.

Falcons offense leads the NFL in points scored in the 4th quarter. That tells me that we're doing something wrong the first 3 quarters of games that we start doing right in the 4th quarter. What exactly the difference is, I'm not exactly sure.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Falcons offense leads the NFL in points scored in the 4th quarter. That tells me that we're doing something wrong the first 3 quarters of games that we start doing right in the 4th quarter. What exactly the difference is, I'm not exactly sure.

It's scoring points  :D

1 hour ago, ThrashUnreal said:

Quinn presided over a late season collapse in 2015, the worst super bowl collapse in history in 2016, hiring a dumb*** who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground who never called plays in the NFL in 2017 to call plays in the NFL only to lose in the playoffs in embarassing fashion, scapegoats Marquand Manuel in 2018 after injuries killed the defense, takes over the defense in 2019 to awful results, gives up play calling and the defense immediately looks not great but actually decent. Hires a retread in Dirk Koetter and is keeping him after ruining the offense FURTHER and wasting the 349568th years of Ryan and Julio's primes. and he gets to keep his job. Thats the ONLY lesson. He's Jason Garrett with no hair and less clapping

And all that leads you to believe Arthur Blank doesn't care about this team?

53 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I don't think you can separate those things either way.  Maybe the defense played better because the offense was more productive.  

They help each other.  It's why I'd rather have a number 10 offense and a number 10 defense than a number 1 offense and a number 22 defense.

Odd stat of the day.  I heard this last year.

If you take the final ranking for every SB winner since the merger, here is what you get:

•  Offense -  10th

•  Defense -  10th

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If you take the average ranking for every SB winner since the merger, here is what you get:

•  Average Rank:  Offense  -  10th

•  Average Rank:   Defense  -  10th

Boom son!

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If you take the average ranking for every SB winner since the merger, here is what you get:

•  Average Rank:  Offense  -  10th

•  Average Rank:   Defense  -  10th

So you are saying that it indeed does not go to 11?? 

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Its just a bad organization all the way around, i appreciate ur optimism and we all hope for the best.. But we're just holding a bad hand and you can only bluff so long before you're called and left holding the losing hand

I'm not a fan of our organizational structure either, but it's not a "bad" org. I would definitely prefer two or three real NFL men running it, but I need rest and will have to go with Blank's 8 man model for now. It could work, but it I think it's misguided. Hope I'm wrong. Interested to see what McKay can do now that he has the stadium behind him and is more involved. He needs to manage Dimi closely. He's flat out killin us.

5 hours ago, chronob said:

Disagree.  Newness breeds excitement.  I’m certain there’s some amount of ticket sales that would have been generated by a new beginning.  Keeping Quinn and Dimitroff doesn’t move the needle at all.

No it wouldn’t have ...it would’ve been the same old **** if Ws are not posted 

2 hours ago, Falconcheff said:
3 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

The offense has been consistent all season.  The execution has not.

You can’t be consistent as a unit if the execution isn’t consistent... so how exactly has the offense been consistent?