Since1990

[CONFIRMED] Quinn and TD staying for 2020

421 posts in this topic

They have the same record as the Jets and Browns, who have two first year head coaches, one who will get fired after this season, and second year QBs.

And all the 'statistical turnaround' talk just means Quinn 'crammed' his way to a passing grade in Blank's mind this year, his first quarter grades were so bad he managed to buckle down an pass a few of the last test, hardly reassuring going forward.

Edited by ant.accurate
Pacific_Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I like it.  And Blank was smart to get ahead of this.  Cause we may lose to the Bucs which makes the decision more difficult.  By doing this now he makes the outcome of the bucks game irrelevant for his coach and general manager

Which might be pretty telling if we whiz our shorts as a team in that game.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

12 minutes ago, ant.accurate said:

They have the same record as the Jets and Browns, who have two first year head coaches, one who will get fired after this season, and second year QBs.

And all the 'statistical turnaround' talk just means Quinn 'crammed' his way to a passing grade in Blank's mind this year, his first quarter grades were so bad he managed to buckle down an pass a few of the last test, hardly reassuring going forward.

At this point I’m all for cohesiveness. Go ahead and treat Quinn and TD like they do in Pittsburgh. Give them a long contract. Like Ron Popeil says “Set it and forget it”. 

Think about it. With Arthur continuing to meddle, does it really matter who  coaches? The deal is done so let’s move on to basketball and baseball. 

TheFatboi likes this

11 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

At this point I’m all for cohesiveness. Go ahead and treat Quinn and TD like they do in Pittsburgh. Give them a long contract. Like Ron Popeil says “Set it and forget it”. 

Think about it. With Arthur continuing to meddle, does it really matter who  coaches? The deal is done so let’s move on to basketball and baseball. 

Exactly. I can’t stress how much that makes a difference in whatever you’re trying to build. Keep something glued together for a time. 

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

I'm always a little worried when dudes with strong math backgrounds say things that don't line up with basic maths.

I guess we're going to cut a lot of checks for restructuring.

5 hours ago, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

How is Blank part of the problem? Blank loves Quinn and the players love Quinn. 

Being reactive, or non-active keeps you in status quo. He is not proactive or fast enough to react when the sheeet has hit the wall. What and when does decides to act, speaks volumes.   So yep, its all about LOVE and not winning...So let the mother .....love flow, while cashing in at the bank.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

I'm always a little worried when dudes with strong math backgrounds say things that don't line up with basic maths.

I guess we're going to cut a lot of checks for restructuring.

Agreed because restructuring and cutting someone is the only way this is working.

29 minutes ago, ant.accurate said:

And that’s exactly why the browns and jets STAY at the bottom. To many coaching changes too frequent. Sean Payton had three  7-9 seasons back to back to back. Had he gotten fired they’re probably 5-11-7-9 right now. The Steelers have only had 3 HC’s in my entire life. And all of them won SB’s. But they had to endure the bad seasons with the good for that to happen. We will NEVER win anything if we don’t let something sustain for a minute. We were just in the playoffs 2 seasons ago AFTER a SB appearance. And probably didn’t beat Philly because of the OC change. Can’t keep changing and changing. Not if you want to be great. The problem is fans and owners get restless. Quinn is a good coach. He just needs to stay with the same OC and DC for more than 2 years. He could’ve promoted LaFleur to OC. Had he done that we win the SB in 17. Keep DK now. Don’t change him. If they do that’s another year of learning curve. Promote Morris to DC and keep it popping. 

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Dirk is coming back in 2020 per Quinn

He needs to. Don’t change again. Stay the course with everybody that’s in the building right now. 

Nino11 likes this

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And that’s exactly why the browns and jets STAY at the bottom. To many coaching changes too frequent. Sean Payton had three  7-9 seasons back to back to back. Had he gotten fired they’re probably 5-11-7-9 right now. The Steelers have only had 3 HC’s in my entire life. And all of them won SB’s. But they had to endure the bad seasons with the good for that to happen. We will NEVER win anything if we don’t let something sustain for a minute. We were just in the playoffs 2 seasons ago AFTER a SB appearance. And probably didn’t beat Philly because of the OC change. Can’t keep changing and changing. Not if you want to be great. The problem is fans and owners get restless. Quinn is a good coach. He just needs to stay with the same OC and DC for more than 2 years. He could’ve promoted LaFleur to OC. Had he done that we win the SB in 17. Keep DK now. Don’t change him. If they do that’s another year of learning curve. Promote Morris to DC and keep it popping. 

Im actually glad Blank didnt succumb to the emotions of fans and media and made what he thought was the best decision. Time will tell how it turns out.

I remember last season fans were calling for Shannahan and Harbaugh to be fired. Look at their teams now. Saints fans wanted Peyton fired a few years ago.

Grass isnt always greener on the other side either. Giants fired Mcadoo have have become much worse with Shumer. Browns played much better under G Williams last year. You never know.

AUTiger7222 likes this

5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Second half of the season the beat both good and bad teams no?

This is why I'm okay with the decision.  I have often said about sports, "First half is on the players, second half is on the coaches..."  And that extends to sports in it's entirety...first half of games; first half of seasons; first half of B2B games (hockey and basketball related,etc) are on the players.  Second half is on coaching.

In the first half of season, I saw players in the right position to make plays, and they didn't do it...missed tackles, missed assignments, nissed blocks, etc.  second half of season I saw coaching changes and philosophy schemes that make me think the coaching adjustments can be made.  Gonna have to roll with being okay with this move and be hopeful that continuity is better than constant change...

4 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

On Pro Football Talk (I saw it this morning, but it's a repeat), host Mike Florio said that Quinn and TD might be retained because other candidates that AB wanted were not interested in the job wanting to wait for other opportunities that were available to come knocking. He and Simms insinuated that the Falcon's job was not coveted because of the inner workings of the organization.

If true, that is a troubling thing to hear.  

I call BS.  There are only 32 NFL HC jobs available in the entire world, and maybe 5-6 of them come available in a year...are we to assume that someone is turning down interviews in ATL for the opportunity to work in Detroit???  Cleveland???

Mediahead reaching speculation...

AUTiger7222 likes this