Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Refried Beans

MCarthy must not be that great

22 minutes ago, k-train said:

Here's an odd tidbit which pertains to hiring a retread HC...

... in the history of the NFL, no HC has won a Super Bowl with two different teams.

That's interesting. Another one which goes against Dan Quinn is no head coach has won a super bowl for an organization if they couldn't do it in the first 5 years except Bill Cowher of the Steelers if I'm not mistaken. Quinn and McCarthy are still my top 2 choices. Hopefully Arthur's hiring firm knows more than I do though.

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Just saying, if he's the end all, be all, hot commodity then they would have scooped him up by now. Carolina is just proving what a lot on this board have been saying he's a 2nd tier pick for head coach. He's the guy you get if the guy you want is gone.  

Im not a fan of McCarthy but thats not why he hasnt been hires by them.its still season amd most the hot names for a coaching spot  are still focusing on post season.so you just come off as an ***

We don't know that Carolina hasn't interviewed twenty minority candidates, and/or already offered McCarthy or anyone else the job.  

None of that matters because McCarthy is going to wait until after the season to see what other NFL jobs are available.  If there's a chance he could get the Dallas or Atlanta or even Cleveland job he'd be a fool to go to Carolina.   

Not that my opinion means dogsqueeze,  but I don't want McCarthy here; I believe people think he's much greater than he is  simply because he was a decent coach who rode two HOFers for nearly two decades.  

7 hours ago, JDaveG said:

McCarthy is fine.  I don't really want him, but I wouldn't cry if we got him either.  Carolina could do a lot worse.

Atlanta and Dallas give McCarthy a much better chance of proving he can win a ring without Rodgers than Carolina does.

8 hours ago, k-train said:

Per history, that's actually not important at all.

I know it seems completely counter-intuitive on the surface, but since nobody has ever won a SB with two different teams, it's almost as if anything, you wanna avoid a HC with a ring.

I didn't know that.  But I do know, **** Vermeil went to two SBs (Eagles & Rams) and won one with the Rams....then retired for good, after being out of football for 15 yrs., and in broadcasting.  But, sooner or later somebody's gonna win more than one, with two different teams, and it could very well be McCarthy.  He's only 56 yrs. old and has had an entire season to re-charge.  And it's common knowledge, he's lining up potential coaches for his come-back, and watching film on teams he would like to coach. 
So, I guess we have to wait and see if we're interested in him, and he in us.  
I know I'm probably in the Minority here, but I truly think with Matt Ryan at QB, it would be a marriage made in heaven!  :)  

Edited by FalconJim

10 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They cant hire him genius. Look up the Rooney rule. 

To be fair they can interview any african american person to skirt this and it can be one of the guys on their coaching staff right now.   Thats not an acceptable excuse as to why he wasn't hired at this point honestly lol.  I personally wouldn't hire mcarthy if i was them or the falcons as my 1st choice but i imagine carolina will do the same as most teams do and have multiple interviews even with the same head coach they are interested in.  So mcarthy will probably be back for a 2nd one at some point if they liked him.

11 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Who knows, they may be getting the paper work ready right now! 
But really, I think I'll be jealous of the team that does get Mike McCarthy.  
I mean, his winning percentage is well over .600 @ 125 - 77.  Post season is 10 - 8.  
And most importantly, he has a RING!!!  (Super Bowl 45)...  .

Sign him up, Mr. Blank!!!  

So he was good almost a decade ago, the team actively got worse as his tenure went on, he left and a rookie HC made them instantly better.  Sounds great...let's do that.

His last two seasons were 7-9 and 4-7-1.  Pretty close to Quinn's last two before the win streak he is on now.  I'd rather keep Quinn than sign McCarthy.

6 hours ago, Rings said:

So he was good almost a decade ago, the team actively got worse as his tenure went on, he left and a rookie HC made them instantly better.  Sounds great...let's do that.

His last two seasons were 7-9 and 4-7-1.  Pretty close to Quinn's last two before the win streak he is on now.  I'd rather keep Quinn than sign McCarthy.

I’m gonna go on a limb and say had not conceded they wouldn’t be in the playoffs. Their success rides on his shoulders regardless of who the coach is. His relationship spoiled with McCarthy. You think the owner was gonna choose the coach over the huge investment in the QB? Had he not conceded to allow LaFleur to run his style of offense, the likelihood of them being in the playoffs wouldn’t be that high imo. Then again the other 3 quarterbacks in that division kinda help his case for a playoff berth 

13 hours ago, Rings said:

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and thank you for yours.  Of course, it's a moot point, now --- we have Quinn/Dimitroff for at least another year, and who knows how that'll work out. 
But, as a Forever Falcons Fan (since 1966), I'll still "root" for this team regardless of who's coaching it, and will always wish them the best!!! 

5 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and thank you for yours.  Of course, it's a moot point, now --- we have Quinn/Dimitroff for at least another year, and who knows how that'll work out. 
But, as a Forever Falcons Fan (since 1966), I'll still "root" for this team regardless of who's coaching it, and will always wish them the best!!! 

Well said.