Point blank, Quinn and Dummytroff should be fired for these three reasons...

D.B.N.

14 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Our lives would have been very different as fans. At least if we were sucking now, we would have had a ring. Nothing else matters except championships. That is what success is measured off of, nothing  more nothing less. My life as a fan would be vastly different, because I would hve been able to experience winning a championship. Guess championships don't matter to you. 

You don't play. You win exactly zero.

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He’s not saying that at all.

What he and everyone else with more than half a brain cell is saying you have to be multiple about how you win in this league.

What goes on off the field sets the table for what goes on the field.

Where did I say trenches are the only thing that matters? I am saying trenches are the most important position to build outside of QB. Again, where am I saying Trenches is the end all be all and all that it takes to win?  I'll wait! 

7 minutes ago, CTann said:

Goodness. There’s not a single person here who wasn’t bothered by 51. The difference is that we know how to let things go eventually over time. It’s been almost 3 years. The outcome of that game wasn’t going to make a difference for someone’s financial status, education level, friends/family situation, whether you have clean water or not, shelter above your head or not, food on the table or not, etc.

The difference for me was that during that game my Mom was laying in bed with sepsis blood disease (25% mortality rate), pneumonia, a fever over 101 degrees, and the flu before we knew she had any of that. The next day she had to be sent to the ER and the ICU. She should’ve died, but is miraculously healthy. 

Best believe football was the very last thing on my mind regardless of the actual outcome or if we would’ve won. Not to mention my girlfriend at the time had been communicating with a former hookup of hers and I caught her in the act of doing so in the 3rd quarter of the game. In the end, I definitely care about football more than my ex-girlfriend, but football is a complete after-thought, form of entertainment, and supposed to be an escape from our daily lives. Football didn’t and still doesn’t mean a single bit to me when stacked up to what really matters. 

What exactly is the point of this response? Is this you beating your chest saying you dealt with more than me? Sorry to hear about your mom... but I don't feel bad about your girl cheating on you. It is what it is. 

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

I don’t understand the whole meathead size I’m bigger than everyone else so I should win thinking.

This is chess not Chequers.

Me either. A lot of it is just repeated nonsense that another poster has mentioned, and the next guy adding their spin on it. 

I'm with you on where this franchise was at prior to TD taking over, and where it is now. Years ago, we were the definition of mediocre.

Since TD, we've had a huge amount of success. You wanna know how many teams have even reached the NFCCG/AFCCG? on multiple occasions since 2008? 20 have made it. Only 14 in multiple occasions. The Falcons are  in that bunch with 2 appearances. Could've been 3. How many have reached the super bowl at least once? 15. The Falcons are one of them.

So in 10 years, there's about 10 teams that haven't even made it to a conference championship game. 16 that haven't been able to make it or repeat that success, and 15 that haven't even sniffed a superbowl appearance. You don't make it to super bowl by sheer luck. You had to have something else come into play that gave you that opportunity to even be there.

23 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

So you are saying trenches (Pass pro/Run blocking/Pass rush/Run stopping) is not the most important thing to build. You are asinine to believe that any other position outside of QB matters more. 

Dallas has 3, yes, 3 pro bowl offensive linemen this year. We have a chance to end up with the same record as them.

Just now, Geaux_Falcons said:

Me either. A lot of it is just repeated nonsense that another poster has mentioned, and the next guy adding their spin on it. 

I'm with you on where this franchise was at prior to TD taking over, and where it is now. Years ago, we were the definition of mediocre.

Since TD, we've had a huge amount of success. You wanna know how many teams have even reached the NFCCG/AFCCG? on multiple occasions since 2008? 20 have made it. Only 14 in multiple occasions. The Falcons are  in that bunch with 2 appearances. Could've been 3. How many have reached the super bowl at least once? 15. The Falcons are one of them.

So in 10 years, there's about 10 teams that haven't even made it to a conference championship game. 16 that haven't been able to make it or repeat that success, and 15 that haven't even sniffed a superbowl appearance. You don't make it to super bowl by sheer luck. You had to have something else come into play that gave you that opportunity to even be there.

Panthers made it to the Superbowl and fired their GM and HC. Giants won 2 superbowls and fired their GM and HC. I could go on and on. You act like there is no life after TD and co. Just because we sucked for so long and then TD comes in makes us semi-releavant doesn't mean he is immune to being replaced. We have had TD for over a decade and what do we have to show for it? A SB flop, NFCCG flop, and one NFCC. Woo hoo 

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Panthers made it to the Superbowl and fired their GM and HC. Giants won 2 superbowls and fired their GM and HC. I could go on and on. You act like there is no life after TD and co. Just because we sucked for so long and then TD comes in makes us semi-releavant doesn't mean he is immune to being replaced. We have had TD for over a decade and what do we have to show for it? A SB flop, NFCCG flop, and one NFCC. Woo hoo 

I'm speaking on how much hate TD gets on this board. It's absurd. We've seen the best Falcons football in years under this man. The fact that we are even a position to talk about a superbowl flop like 28-3 should tell you this man has put the talent on the field. Up 28-3 against the ******* Patriots?! The dynasty that has ruled the NFL for over 20 years now was down 28-3 against the Falcons in a super bowl?! Coaching & player mistakes cost us in the end, but we had everything we needed in 2016. TD is the last guy I'm blaming or trying to get rid of.

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

3 Reasons Quinn and TD need to be fired:

1. The top two seeds in the NFC, SF and GB, both have HC's who were on our 2016 staff - KS and LaFluer. The fact that Quinn and Co. let these guys walk to bring in... drum-roll... Steve Trashkesion,.. is plenty enough reason to fire them. BUT WAIT! THERE's MORE!
  2. TD's been here over a decade and has consistently failed us when coming to drafting OL and DL. The only outlier is Grady Jarrett. Jury is out on this draft class, so they are excluded... so excluding this years' draft class, what class can we hang our hat on, on truly building the trenches? I'll wait... 
  3. SuperBowl LI and the blown lead. 28-3 will never escape us... they should have been fired after that massive debacle. Now, we are stuck in mediocrity and our trend is well, less than optimistic. What have we done to get better? Quinn failed us in the SuperBowl, then got a pass due to all the injuries, and now look at us. Started out 1-7, only to "bounce back" once we've been mathematically eliminated! Where was this energy during that 1-7 stretch to start the year out? Unacceptable! 

Now watch, there will be an influx of kool-aid sippin, rose-colored glasses wearin, homers who come in here and try to defend these fools who make up our FO. Until there is real change, we will be destined for mediocrity. Better realize that sooner than later. We need to clean house, don't let these pointless wins fool you. Wake up. Trust me. 

#Trollin

Man just let them keep their jobs. So sick of this. Should I evaluate you and say you should get fired? In the long run football doesn’t matter. Just a game. Only one team can win the Super Bowl and it seems if we can’t win it every year then our whole organization sucks and they should be fired. Enough of this. Quit obsessing. Go feed the homeless, Go play catch with your child. The season won’t start again until September. Enjoy basketball and baseball. It’s what we used to do. 

31 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Ive been a member of these boards for going on 8 years now, browsed them for more than a decade. Ive been an avid supporter of everything Falcons - Ryan, TD, you name it I was an avid supporter. But up until recently, there just has been a shift in my mindset, I'm tired of the same old shtick from this organization. Seems they don't care about winning. The formula we have used for the past decade is not working. Until we change this, there has been nothing to make me feel like this team has a shot at winning a SB. 

Its safe to assume the organization cares about winning.  Easier said than done.  Nothing happens in a vacuum and we are trying to get us into playoff contention.  Hindsight is definitely going toward a path of destruction.  If you want healthy dialog to help the healing then that is welcome here.  Spewing vile and vitriol will not be tolerated.  As long as we have MR and JJ then we will always have a chance..

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

1. The top two seeds in the NFC, SF and GB, both have HC's who were on our 2016 staff - KS and LaFluer. The fact that Quinn and Co. let these guys walk to bring in... drum-roll... Steve Trashkesion,.. is plenty enough reason to fire them. BUT WAIT! THERE's MORE!
  2. TD's been here over a decade and has consistently failed us when coming to drafting OL and DL. The only outlier is Grady Jarrett. Jury is out on this draft class, so they are excluded... so excluding this years' draft class, what class can we hang our hat on, on truly building the trenches? I'll wait... 
  3. SuperBowl LI and the blown lead. 28-3 will never escape us... they should have been fired after that massive debacle. Now, we are stuck in mediocrity and our trend is well, less than optimistic. What have we done to get better? Quinn failed us in the SuperBowl, then got a pass due to all the injuries, and now look at us. Started out 1-7, only to "bounce back" once we've been mathematically eliminated! Where was this energy during that 1-7 stretch to start the year out? Unacceptable! 

Now watch, there will be an influx of kool-aid sippin, rose-colored glasses wearin, homers who come in here and try to defend these fools who make up our FO. Until there is real change, we will be destined for mediocrity. Better realize that sooner than later. We need to clean house, don't let these pointless wins fool you. Wake up. Trust me. 

I think DQ wills stay and I hope they free up TD's calendar by firing him so he can fit in a few more hair appointments at the salon and have more time to ride his bicycle. 

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

So you are saying trenches (Pass pro/Run blocking/Pass rush/Run stopping) is not the most important thing to build. You are asinine to believe that any other position outside of QB matters more. 

Right here.

I tell you what’s more important than anything you have mentioned.

Id suggest to you is a plan and execution of it across the board before worrying about whatever goes on it.A person at the top of the tree with a vision and a HC who understands what it takes to get there.

At this point in time the Falcons messaging is lost in transit hence we are what we are.

The whole idea of getting rid of TD is a misnomer that he is a bad team builder because he hasn’t supposedly succeeded at position xyz which is BS if this was the case how exactly have the Falcons been in position to win this thing multiple times in his tenure.

The only people who think like this are the  SB or bust crowd because that’s all this is.

8 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Kyle Shanahan got promoted. We couldn't fire what we thought (I still think) was a brilliant defensive mind in Dan Quinn to promote Kyle Shanahan at the time.

I still think if we stick with Dan Quinn we are more likely to win a super bowl than the 49ers and Packers. (I think the Saints win the NFC this year unfortunately). The Falcons just need to stop changing coordinators and schemes and should be right back in contention even with average Dirk Koetter calling the offense.

8 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

agree but man as this tampa game gets closer I have this feeling softy will keep everyone another year and that will be travesty #2 after super bowl collapse