Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Dylan Moses & Jonathan Taylor: 2020 Centerpieces

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Me I don't care about the miles because after his rookie contract is up we should let him walk anyway. No more high priced RBs. Use em while they're young and move on. Taylor is Turner reincarnated though. I want to see him dragging bodies for us.

Kind of where I’m at as well regarding RB.  Take a great one early and let him walk after maybe a year on the TAG

3 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I like Taylor,  but he's got a ton of miles with the Wisconsin offense, and if you look at past Wisconsin running backs,  there have been very few that have done anything in the league because of the high miles. 

Moses to me (as an Alabama fan) isn't anything super special.  Honestly,  I see him as JAG, but one of the better players on a less than stellar Alabama defense. 

I wouldn't use our first on either of these two,  but maybe our second second round pick on one. 

You really don’t see Moses as a player at the next level?  What makes you say that?   I’m honestly curious.

@Knight of God you are a Bama guy.  What do you think of Moses in the NFL?

32 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You really don’t see Moses as a player at the next level?  What makes you say that?   I’m honestly curious.

@Knight of God you are a Bama guy.  What do you think of Moses in the NFL?

His abilities are solid.  The attributes are there.  He's a good player on a subpar Alabama defense.  He's also an inside linebacker which is where Debo plays.  I'd rather go Terrell Lewis or Christian Miller to replace Vic and/or Takk as pass rushers.  

Nice but I was thinking along the lines of Swift,Marvin Wilson(DT),and Shaun Wade. Starting RB, DT,and FS/CB within our first 3 picks. I think it's a underrated class at LB Simmons and Moses the best, but Murray(OKLA),Phillips(LSU ),and Crowder(UGA) will be on the boards rounds 3-5.

Crowder is Campbell 2.0, but better ball skills, and will be there in the 4th or 5th. I am hoping we hire a GM that values the return game. Barner was solid but the impact Hardeman made for KC, would be nice here.

25 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Nice but I was thinking along the lines of Swift,Marvin Wilson(DT),and Shaun Wade. Starting RB, DT,and FS/CB within our first 3 picks. I think it's a underrated class at LB Simmons and Moses the best, but Murray(OKLA),Phillips(LSU ),and Crowder(UGA) will be on the boards rounds 3-5.

Crowder is Campbell 2.0, but better ball skills, and will be there in the 4th or 5th. I am hoping we hire a GM that values the return game. Barner was solid but the impact Hardeman made for KC, would be nice here.

Monty Rice will rise to possible 1st round over the next few months.  Harrison is a player as well

19 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I was bored and headed over to draftnetwork.com to try an updated mock with our current draft position.  You guys should try it.  It’s a blast.  Here are my shot playing armchair GM

•  1st: Dylan Moses is an absolute animal.  Runs a 4.46 40 at 240 lbs.  All Pro talent. Needs some work in man coverage, but is elite in zone.  He also blitzes downhill like shot from a cannon. Moves Debo over to play to his strengths.  A LB corp of Moses, Debo & Foye is special.  Each of them are sideline to sideline erasers

•  2nd: Jonathan Taylor:  averaged 2,000 yards per season for three years.  Runs a 4.42 40 at 5’11 and 220 lbs.  

•  2nd:  Jaylon Johnson:  if he is still on the board here you can’t pass him up.  Leader of a great Utah defense.  Long, athletic with incredible ball skills.  Allowed just 9 completions and 112 yards in conference play this year.

•  3rd:  Jonathan Greenard - The best value in my draft is Greenard.  A wrist injury in 2018 may cause his stock to fall, but he was dominant for Florida.  Despite missing a month this year he had 16 TFL, 9 sacks and 41 QB pressures.  He also sets a fierce edge and dominates in the run game.

•  4th:  Richard LeCounte III:  not sure he makes it past the 3rd round, but he is a solid Rico replacement if we need to clear CAP.  He is projected to go 10th overall in 2021 draft so this is great value

•  5th:  JR Reed - Amongst the most undervalued players coming.  He is a leader and a bruiser in the box.  Great Neal replacement

•  6th:  AJ Dillon   He isn’t a natural runner, but the dude is simply so much fun to watch.  The first 2 minutes of his highlight package are epic

Wrap it up, Yo! Great draft. I like Dillon asa short yardage, hybrid TB/FB as well

53 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I like the players just not sure I like targeting those positions with our first two picks. I'd rather we target more premium positions - those you can't afford to sign in FA.

I agree.

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Wrap it up, Yo! Great draft. I like Dillon asa short yardage, hybrid TB/FB as well

Dig into Greenard when you have some time.  He is a fast riser.  5 sacks the final two games will do that.  But I love his consistent pressures.  Averaged over 5 per game

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I like the players just not sure I like targeting those positions with our first two picks. I'd rather we target more premium positions - those you can't afford to sign in FA.

I don’t see an elite edge at where we will pick.  I honestly think Greenard (who I got in the 3rd) is as good as anyone not named Chase or Esperanza

37 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Dig into Greenard when you have some time.  He is a fast riser.  5 sacks the final two games will do that.  But I love his consistent pressures.  Averaged over 5 per game

I have. I like him

20 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I think they're close to the same. I think Taylor is the more agile runner and probably better receiving chops, but Tuner was just as fast in his prime. He was a 4.4 guy too. It is a lot of carries, but he earned them. Use him for 4 years and let some other team deal with the decline. He's not even 21 years old yet.

Turner put up a 4.49 at the combine so Taylor is a bit faster

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I don’t see an elite edge at where we will pick.  I honestly think Greenard (who I got in the 3rd) is as good as anyone not named Chase or Esperanza

That's how I feel about Wilekes. 71 pressures and 47.5 t.f.l.s in 3 years he may go in.3rd but I see him rising into the 2nd. If we're just replacing Beasleys limited role Carter Coughlin is a great choice. 2018 he led the nation in pass rush grade at 92.1.  He's just not going to be good against the run