Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atl Falcon

Cap gurus tell me how we trim the fat next year

2 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’m not sure how good letting Tru and Campbell go is. I like the Hurst move. I guess things will work out if we have a pass rush. The offense is pretty set

Both addition by subtraction. Tru was handicapping us and our ability to play more press man because he's bad at it and Campbell is one of the worst cover LBS in the league.

6 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’m not sure how good letting Tru and Campbell go is. I like the Hurst move. I guess things will work out if we have a pass rush. The offense is pretty set

Dropping Tru after him doing fairly well last year surprised me, but the defense as a whole played a lot better in the second half of the season after he wasn't on the field anymore.

Campbell on the other hand is not special at all. His best quality was his passrushing skills, which we barely utilized. Aside from that, he was a liability in coverage and was looking downright lost the entire time the defense stunk it up early in the season. 

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

I still don't know what people saw in Campbell. He was big and fast...and that's it. He was the lowest graded starting defender on an already bad defense in both 2018 and 2019, and was graded as the worst coverage linebacker in the entire league in 2019. There's a reason his snaps decreased exponentially in the second half of the season while Foye's increased. I'm not saying Foye is a pro bowl linebacker or ever will be, but if he's even just as 'good' as Campbell, then there was no reason to resign him. 

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Both addition by subtraction. Tru was handicapping us and our ability to play more press man because he's bad at it and Campbell is one of the worst cover LBS in the league.

I thought Tru was having a very good year and Campbell signed a 8m one yr contract so I guess we’ll see if we’re better without them. I hope so but not yet convince. Even the newDB coach was bragging on Tru before he was cut. They got picked up ASAP.  We had to shave cap  $$$$ to make room for a pass rush. These moves better work or it’s going to be a rebuild starting with the ones that made these moves

3 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

I still don't know what people saw in Campbell. He was big and fast...and that's it. He was the lowest graded starting defender on an already bad defense in both 2018 and 2019, and was graded as the worst coverage linebacker in the entire league in 2019. There's a reason his snaps decreased exponentially in the second half of the season while Foye's increased. I'm not saying Foye is a pro bowl linebacker or ever will be, but if he's even just as 'good' as Campbell, then there was no reason to resign him. 

I’m not sure but the Cardinals saw 8m reasons to like him and don’t forget Campbell played well as a rookie and few yrs after that. Maybe he was trying to hard with Debo gone...idk. I do like Foye

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

I thought Tru was having a very good year and Campbell signed a 8m one yr contract so I guess we’ll see if we’re better without them. I hope so but not yet convince. Even the newDB coach was bragging on Tru before he was cut. They got picked up ASAP.  We had to shave cap  $$$$ to make room for a pass rush. These moves better work or it’s going to be a rebuild starting with the ones that made these moves

Tru was abysmal in multiple games. People only think he had a good year because he actually caught a few ints. 

Tru will be fine on a team that runs more zone concepts.