Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atl Falcon

Cap gurus tell me how we trim the fat next year

25 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Dandy Don once said, "If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!", that certainly applies here.  NOBODY but a complete fool would proclaim Jimmy G. to be better than Ryan. #ClownTalk

You're going to look silly when Jimmy G rasies that Lombardi and all you have is useless stats to prop Ryan up :shrug:

35 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You're going to look silly when Jimmy G rasies that Lombardi and all you have is useless stats to prop Ryan up :shrug:

I don't think so, and I also don't think that winning a Super Bowl makes you a better QB, e.g. Trent Dilfer, Hostetler, etc.

On 12/25/2019 at 0:01 AM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Could do that and might be a better option. He's not all pro anymore, but he's good enough and we don't need to fill another hole right now.

We already did this mistake with letting Mud Duck go a season too early. 

I hope they don't. They need to keep Mack as a starter/reserve for the next 2-3yrs. 

On 12/25/2019 at 5:48 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Cousins is much younger than Ryan and has a higher ceiling.. Jimmy G is definitely destined to the HOF so those are bad comparisons to Ryan imo

Oh, my. You just need to step away from the keyboard and spend the rest of the evening trying to slap the stupid out of yourself.

4 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Oh, my. You just need to step away from the keyboard and spend the rest of the evening trying to slap the stupid out of yourself.

Ahh, another stat fan boy.. Good luck with pounding your chest on Matt Ryan stats.. Im quite sure the purpose is winning a Lombardi 

14 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Idk about cutting Free. He’s starting to look like the old Free. Maybe he would restructure.

Can we keep D Campbell who is playing at a high level?

Do we keep Hoop?

Freeman still can't get 100 yards rushing and Campbell STUNK when the games mattered. Really hope the FO isn't suckered into giving he or Beasley money.

9 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

JImmy G struggles to throw for 200 yards a game and is carried by a defense. He didn't throw the ball 15 yards downfield when we played them and teams will absolutely lock in on that in the playoffs. Can't believe you even compared Cousins to Ryan. Ryan had one of the greatest postseasons ever in 2016 while Cousins can't win a game if it isn't Sunday at 1 p.m.

Devonta, Tru, Bosher should be cut. 
I wouldn’t resign Hoop personally.

unfortunately Neal is too injury prone, so I would only offer vet min

I would offer Allen a spot

im on the fence about Campbell...he’s up and down

59 minutes ago, stizz said:

JImmy G struggles to throw for 200 yards a game and is carried by a defense. He didn't throw the ball 15 yards downfield when we played them and teams will absolutely lock in on that in the playoffs. Can't believe you even compared Cousins to Ryan. Ryan had one of the greatest postseasons ever in 2016 while Cousins can't win a game if it isn't Sunday at 1 p.m.

Not much to say when we're not even close to being in the playoffs.. Vikings have been playing pretty good being lead by my good ol Cousin :shrug:

6 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Not much to say when we're not even close to being in the playoffs.. Vikings have been playing pretty good being lead by my good ol Cousin :shrug:

Man, that’s some good bait you have, these boys can’t leave it alone!

On 12/25/2019 at 6:55 AM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Hooper is probably going to cost somewhere around $10 million a year to resign.  George Kittle’s looming extension will help push Hoopers number up.

Campbell, Davidson, Claiborne, Crawford, & Beasley are gone.  Bailey is likely to be a cap cut.  Maybe they bring back one of them.

I’m thinking they’ll have 5-6 million to work with next offseason after cuts, restructures, & resigning Hooper.

This is being conservative with cap cuts.  If they cut Mack and replace him with someone like Person or Konz... there’s no point in bringing back Quinn & TD because they’ll be fired 5 weeks into next season.

Now that we know TD is staying I’m pretty sure resigning Hooper becomes priority #1 and it will come at the expense of the dline.

Ugh, it’s Groundhog Day 

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Now that we know TD is staying I’m pretty sure resigning Hooper becomes priority #1 and it will come at the expense of the dline.

Ugh, it’s Groundhog Day 

Re-signing Hooper should be a priority anyway. Every one of those DL free agents are considered trash here so why would we want to re-sign any of them?

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Re-signing Hooper should be a priority anyway. Every one of those DL free agents are considered trash here so why would we want to re-sign any of them?

1.  Those guys were contributors and solid rotational depth.

2.  It’s also simple math.  It’s going to be like the 2017 offseason Poe, Claiborne, & Upshaw left & they replaced them with a 3rd round draft pick.  The difference being that instead of 3 guys it will probably be 5.

Those trash DL FAs are going to be replaced with practice squad guys that couldn’t beat them out in the first place.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:25 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ah yes, the classic "Trent Dilfer" argument returns

Lombardi's are a team trophy

Only an idiot wouldn't say Marino isn't a GOAT... Ryan is chasing behind him and hopefully will get the hardware

3 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Ah yes, the classic "Trent Dilfer" argument returns

Lombardi's are a team trophy

Only an idiot wouldn't say Marino isn't a GOAT... Ryan is chasing behind him and hopefully will get the hardware

Im probably the biggest Ryan fan you'll ever meet.. Thats why I get so bent when the team isnt playing to the level they should. Sure i come down on the guy hard, but I just expect him to lead this team better than he has been the last 2 years especially 

On 12/25/2019 at 5:48 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Cousins is much younger than Ryan and has a higher ceiling.. Jimmy G is definitely destined to the HOF so those are bad comparisons to Ryan imo

Lol jimmy is destined to be in the HOF? How is that? I think Matt will be in the hall before Jimmy does....unless he gets a few rings He ain’t got nothin on ol #2

1 minute ago, AxManBigFan said:

Lol jimmy is destined to be in the HOF? How is that? I think Matt will be in the hall before Jimmy does....unless he gets a few rings He ain’t got nothin on ol #2

Ol Jimmy G could very well have a ring shortly.. Those 49ers have been looking pretty good 

On 12/24/2019 at 10:54 PM, Colin_Pernett said:

Cut Freeman and Sambraillo. Restructure Matt and Matthews and you aren’t even in bad shape. The Cap **** Overstated 

How could we cut the man with the longest TD in NFL history who weighed over 300 pounds?

What a GLORIOUS sight that was!! 

BIG MAN WITH BALL!!!!

Currently we have about 10m in space.

Devonta Freeman 3.5m
Allen Bailey 4.5m
Ty Sambrailo 3.75m
James Carpenter 1.1m
Luke Stocker 2.6m
Matt Schaub 2m
---------------------
That is 17.5m cleared bringing us to 27m. These savings are assuming their is no option for the Post June 1st cut (If we do have it, I could see Trufant leaving to clear another 11m almost bringing us to 38m. Otherwise he is not going anywhere)

We could also restructure a few deals in Julio, Grady and even Trufant if they don't plan on getting rid of him anytime soon.

When it comes to re-signings, Hooper is really the only player you look at that you would love to have back IF we could come to an agreement for a decent contract. While I don't feel paying him 10m+ is worth it, If we can get him back at about 7-8m I would do it. keep in mind the highest average salary for a TE currently is only 10m so unless Hooper is looking to reset the TE market we should have a decent chance to bring him back.