Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atl Falcon

Cap gurus tell me how we trim the fat next year

11 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I honestly hope you're not serious about any possibility Ryan will be restructured.. Ryan has neved cared about a team friendly deal nor will he ever.. Matter of fact, Ryan would break the entire cap bank if he could and field an entire defense of udfa's and continue to give the same speech he does every week.. Good luck with that 

Clown alert and GTFOH. 

11 hours ago, GrooRules said:

My question is, why do you think this is a playoff team next year? There is nothing pointing to a winning season next year based on the performance this year. There seems to be a competitive deficiency with the core of this team. They have never won when the stakes are highest.

Are you saying MR JJ  Free Hoop D Jones G Jarrett Rico aren’t competitive? I think we ha e plenty that pass that test

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Cousins is much younger than Ryan and has a higher ceiling.. Jimmy G is definitely destined to the HOF so those are bad comparisons to Ryan imo

This falls into the category of saying anything, no matter how asinine. 

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Cousins is much younger than Ryan and has a higher ceiling.. Jimmy G is definitely destined to the HOF so those are bad comparisons to Ryan imo

Lol how has Jimmy G shown that he’s anywhere close to having HoF potential,are you drunk.

Cousins has a higher ceiling you must have run out of ideas in this thread because this is just horse manure aswell.

Ryan has runs on the board these other 2 have just been paid because of the market and lack of QBs available.Ryans actually produced for over a decade yet doesn’t have the ceiling of guys who’ve done nothing.

TD is a master with moving $$$$ here and there. BUT he may be the reason we are in the position we are in so we think. But we don't truly know how much AB approved of all those signings or DQ wanted some of these overpriced players? But TD can wk things out.

10 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Are you saying MR JJ  Free Hoop D Jones G Jarrett Rico aren’t competitive? I think we ha e plenty that pass that test

They are competitive in games that don’t matter. We now have 3 years of this team losing the games that matter so I don’t consider them a  playoff team with cap room or not.

4 minutes ago, GrooRules said:

They are competitive in games that don’t matter. We now have 3 years of this team losing the games that matter so I don’t consider them a  playoff team with cap room or not.

Sorry bro but this makes absolutely no sense....like they just decide to be competitive when they choose to. I missed that one

Is Gono signed?   If so tradeable?  As for the vets.  Ensure the ol is good.  Philadelphia Eagles are paying Vinny Curry 1 million.  He’s number 4 ranked DE in the NFL for Qb pressure percentage.  He also is versatile and can slide inside.  Versatile - 6.3 / 280 lbs 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:26 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

You’re right to not be convinced.  Freeman & Ty clear about 6 million.  But final 53 roster projections have us 8 million over the 2020 CAP.  And Matt shouldn’t be further restructured.  His CAP hits are already 35 million moving forward.  You don’t want the pushing on 40 mill

Yeah.  On my calc, after cutting Trufant, Freeman, Neal, Bailey, Sambrailo, Carpender, and Schaub, we're only 20 million under.  Signing Hooper is probably going to cost $10,000,000/year.  That leaves 27 roster spots to fill while losing Beasley, Bosher, Crawford, Clayborn, Hardy, Wreh-Wilson, Wilcox, Ismael, Hill, Harlow, Schweitzer, Campbell, Hageman, and Koo.  Cap problems next year are a massive problem.  Anyone who says differently doesn't have any clue what they're talking about.

8 minutes ago, robertap said:

Yeah.  On my calc, after cutting Trufant, Freeman, Neal, Bailey, Sambrailo, Carpender, and Schaub, we're only 20 million under.  Signing Hooper is probably going to cost $10,000,000/year.  That leaves 27 roster spots to fill while losing Beasley, Bosher, Crawford, Clayborn, Hardy, Wreh-Wilson, Wilcox, Ismael, Hill, Harlow, Schweitzer, Campbell, Hageman, and Koo.  Cap problems next year are a massive problem.  Anyone who says differently doesn't have any clue what they're talking about.

Good point.  The first year CAP hit on Hooper should only be around 5 million...Dre around 3 mill.  But it will be very tough.  Our quality depth takes a massive hit next year 

On 12/25/2019 at 8:48 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You're talking about Kirk "0-9 on MNF, 7-14 on primetime" Cousins? That Cousins, who was privileged to start his career with Mike and Kyle Shanahan and has never put up stats remotely close to what Ryan has in 2016 or even 2018?

Oh and BTW, Cousins is 31, Ryan is 34. Like come on man, don't you ever get tired of talking out of your rear end?

On 12/24/2019 at 10:54 PM, Colin_Pernett said:

Cut Freeman and Sambraillo. Restructure Matt and Matthews and you aren’t even in bad shape. The Cap **** Overstated 

This is the thing I don't get.  Every year teams prove there are options for managing the cap yet every year people freak out about the cap.

31 vs 34 is much younger, someone mentioning Cousins and high ceiling in the same sentence, and it's a certainty that Jimmy G is a lock for the HOF.  If you're serious about even one of these, this explains a lot about the rest of your posts.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, ki46dinah said:

This is obviously a joke so I’m going to take it as such

the sad thing is I don't think he's joking....that said, the trolling is strong on TATF so who knows

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:48 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Neither of those 2 guys will put up even close to the career that MR has. Try again...

41 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Neither of those 2 guys will put up even close to the career that MR has. Try again...

If Jimmy G wins a Superbowl this season he'll already surpass all of Ryans accomplishments.. Ask Ryan yourself if hed rather have useless stats or a Superbowl ring.. Yall are silly sometimes 

This is next level stupid. Every single contention in these 2 sentences is factually wrong....that's impressive.

Kirk Cousins is less than 3 years younger than Matt Ryan. How is that "much younger?"

Kirk Cousins has a higher ceiling? Based on what?

Jimmy Garoppolo is not "definitely destined" to be a Hall of Famer. He's in his 5th year and hasn't played a complete season until 2019. He hasn't even won a playoff game. 

Give Quinn, Koetter and Morris the first part of next season to prove the team has turned around.  If the team hasn't by then, tank big time by trading guys for peanuts and straight up release players and take the cap hits sooner than later...

2 hours ago, robertap said:

Signing Hooper won’t cost as much as many think.Your just looking at total contract not cap hits.I bet if they do sign Hooper first 2 years will be very doable.

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

If Jimmy G wins a Superbowl this season he'll already surpass all of Ryans accomplishments.. Ask Ryan yourself if hed rather have useless stats or a Superbowl ring.. Yall are silly sometimes 

Dandy Don once said, "If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!", that certainly applies here.  NOBODY but a complete fool would proclaim Jimmy G. to be better than Ryan. #ClownTalk

47 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Signing Hooper won’t cost as much as many think.Your just looking at total contract not cap hits.I bet if they do sign Hooper first 2 years will be very doable.

$10,000,000/yr is very doable.  I don't know why you'd take issue with that.  That said, we really shouldn't extend Hooper.  Even if the beginning of the contract is a good bit less, you're still looking at 10-15 million to spread between 27 players.  With that little cap room, we might have 20 UDFA's on the roster next year.  (~$500,000 each)  We are in cap ****.