Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atl Falcon

Cap gurus tell me how we trim the fat next year

Who do we keep and who do we cut? And how do we pay Hooper and Campbell? Would Freeman restructure for less? Do we keep Trufant and Mack? What happens with KK, Clay, Davison? How do we acquire a top RB? Who plays LG? Do we draft BPA or draft needs DL PR? We have cap issues? Tell me what needs to happen. Any chance of trading MR2 JJ11 DJ45 JM70 for cap purposes? Do we resign Hooper??? Do we keep Mack? A lot of questions that must be answered between now and draft and FA season. Can the pieces be deleted and added to make us a SB contender or are we 2 yrs away? Let’s hear hear it the million $$$ questions. Does AB mettle too much with his Falcon for life statement

9 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Cut Freeman and Sambraillo. Restructure Matt and Matthews and you aren’t even in bad shape. The Cap **** Overstated 

I’m not convinced but I hope you’re right. We got some dead weight money 

Edited by Atl Falcon

23 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’m not convinced but I hope you’re right. We got some dead weight money 

You’re right to not be convinced.  Freeman & Ty clear about 6 million.  But final 53 roster projections have us 8 million over the 2020 CAP.  And Matt shouldn’t be further restructured.  His CAP hits are already 35 million moving forward.  You don’t want the pushing on 40 mill

My question is, why do you think this is a playoff team next year? There is nothing pointing to a winning season next year based on the performance this year. There seems to be a competitive deficiency with the core of this team. They have never won when the stakes are highest.

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Cut Freeman and Sambraillo. Restructure Matt and Matthews and you aren’t even in bad shape. The Cap **** Overstated 

I honestly hope you're not serious about any possibility Ryan will be restructured.. Ryan has neved cared about a team friendly deal nor will he ever.. Matter of fact, Ryan would break the entire cap bank if he could and field an entire defense of udfa's and continue to give the same speech he does every week.. Good luck with that 

I used to concern myself with cap. I just understand that im never going to have a firm grasp of how it works, so let the experts figure it out. There isnt anyone except Mack that would really hurt this team to lose, and who is al so a cut candidate. Just hope we dont sacrifice him. Is team can beat anyome when prepared. The ro ster need s tweaking not wholesale additions, and we have adequate cap for that. Have to extwnd Hooper , and not cut Mack. Other than that I dont cqre what we do

35 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I honestly hope you're not serious about any possibility Ryan will be restructured.. Ryan has neved cared about a team friendly deal nor will he ever.. Matter of fact, Ryan would break the entire cap bank if he could and field an entire defense of udfa's and continue to give the same speech he does every week.. Good luck with that 

Matt restructured last year you clown. He gets the same amount of money just some is converted to bonus.

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

man is that ever some irrational hate speech lol Yes Ryan decides who plays on defense and who gets signed ...very knowledgeable football guy you are

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I mean what’s a team friendly deal? Matt got paid what a great franchise QB makes in the year he got signed. Cousins and Jimmy G got deals for 27.5 and Matt got 30... that kinda seems like a deal to me, and in a few years time his contract will look downright cheap.  And he’s restructured multiple times. Crazy to think he’d actively try to not help the team out.

5 hours ago, TSprings said:

I mean what’s a team friendly deal? Matt got paid what a great franchise QB makes in the year he got signed. Cousins and Jimmy G got deals for 27.5 and Matt got 30... that kinda seems like a deal to me, and in a few years time his contract will look downright cheap.  And he’s restructured multiple times. Crazy to think he’d actively try to not help the team out.

Cousins is much younger than Ryan and has a higher ceiling.. Jimmy G is definitely destined to the HOF so those are bad comparisons to Ryan imo

We will see some vets get cut.  That is just the way things work out.  Expect Freeman, Neal, Beasley, Schaub and Mack to play with other teams or be out of football.  

It will take smart drafting and good lower profile FA signings to keep the Ryan/Jones window of opportunity open.  

Hooper is probably going to cost somewhere around $10 million a year to resign.  George Kittle’s looming extension will help push Hoopers number up.

Campbell, Davidson, Claiborne, Crawford, & Beasley are gone.  Bailey is likely to be a cap cut.  Maybe they bring back one of them.

I’m thinking they’ll have 5-6 million to work with next offseason after cuts, restructures, & resigning Hooper.

This is being conservative with cap cuts.  If they cut Mack and replace him with someone like Person or Konz... there’s no point in bringing back Quinn & TD because they’ll be fired 5 weeks into next season.

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Cousins is much younger than Ryan and has a higher ceiling.. Jimmy G is definitely destined to the HOF so those are bad comparisons to Ryan imo

I cant see anything that either if those guys have done that prove they are better than Matt. I dont think Grapolo has played a full season as starter yet and he is a HOF'er. Cousins cant win anything without the best running game and defense in the NFL. They are talented but have either of them even won a playoff game yet. 

Matt got paid after putting up an out of this world season and proving that he is worth a big contract. He has also restructured in the past. Would have rather let him walk? Maybe he's getting too much but you cant say he wouldn't try to help this team as best he could