To All Those Hoping Quinn & TD Are Fired

FalconsIn2012

If we won SB 51, would you still want Quinn & TD fired?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Answer Honestly

• Yes, fire them
    • No, they won us a SB
    • Fire Quinn, Keep TD
    • Fire TD, keep Quinn

If we had won SB 51, would you still want them fired?  Explain why

I said this in another thread...but except for NE, winning Super Bowls always has some lightning in a bottle quality.  

TD has given us 4 legitimate SB opportunities in 11 years.  That’s better than all but 3-4 teams over that period

If we can get an Ed Dobbs, I would do it.  But don’t be so quick to push TD to the state line.  He has warts, but most do

You have to give one mote season. If we come out flat ad looked unprepared for half a season and we go 1-7 or 0-8 id be tempted to fire midseason. TD needs to reserve his first round picks to OL, as they tend to work out whereas his midroumd OL flop. Conversely his first round defensive picks miss, but his mid round drfensive picks are on point.

If they had won the SB I might be ok with Quinn coming back, but man with the 1-7 start and the fashion of how they lost them games(so ill prepared to play pretty much everyone of them except for maybe 2) I might still want him gone.  A SB win would have buy Quinn more grace period to me, but that lost just adds more weight to want him gone scale.  

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Can I transfer to one of those parallel universe’s?

Have you ever heard of the Mandela effect? If so I hope to wake up one day with just vague memories of the Falcons giving up a 25 pt lead just to be corrected by my ahocked and confused friend that Atlanta dient lose LI

14 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Where’s the fire TD keep DQ option? There’s no way in hello operator AB keeps TD if DQ goes. Take it to the bank. And I’d bet there’s a chance TD goes and DQ stays

If DQ stays and TD goes, look for George Paton as the new GM. Word is DQ wanted to work with Paton.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/03/quinn-had-hoped-for-package-deal-with-paton/amp/

14 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Where’s the fire TD keep DQ option? There’s no way in hello operator AB keeps TD if DQ goes. Take it to the bank. And I’d bet there’s a chance TD goes and DQ stays

This, but I honestly am in favor of whatever option has us getting rid of DK. Last week was the first week I thought he had even solid playcalling. It's been a truly miserable season to watch on offense. Hate this run game.

13 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

If DQ stays and TD goes, look for George Paton as the new GM. Word is DQ wanted to work with Paton.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/03/quinn-had-hoped-for-package-deal-with-paton/amp/

I'd be totally alright with this. The Vikes have built their team the right way imho. 

15 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If we had won SB 51, would you still want them fired?  Explain why

I said this in another thread...but except for NE, winning Super Bowls always has some lightning in a bottle quality.  

TD has given us 4 legitimate SB opportunities in 11 years.  That’s better than all but 3-4 teams over that period

If we can get an Ed Dobbs, I would do it.  But don’t be so quick to push TD to the state line.  He has warts, but most do 

I admit I was 95 percent sure I wanted Dan Quinn fired after that 1-7 start. But now the team looks real good since Lindstrom got back. If we can beat Tampa bay next week  than I definitely want Quinn, Dimitroff and Koetter back next year. I would be afraid the team morale would go down if they fired DQ after winning out.

15 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

May be tough to do. If you bring a GM (and want a good one in demand), you may need to allow the HC to be his call. Maybe the GM thinks Q is the guy, but IMO many candidates would be turned off by the idea of having to inherit a questionable HC.

i feel realistic options are:

1. Keep TD and DQ

2. Fire TD and DQ (Or fire TD and let new GM choose if he wants DQ)

3. Keep TD and fire DQ