Let's dont muddy the water

Refried Beans

End of season run or not, Arthur Blank needs to keep a clear head and leave emotion out of business decisions. 

FACT- The Falcons started 1-7 and had a terrible defense ALL from a head coach that is supposed to be a DEFENSIVE MINDED Head Coach. This is like your kid is failing math with a low F and then after midterm decides to actually try and ends up with a C.  Well s C is still a C and not a A and you dont make $4.5 million a year for C's.

FACT- The Falcons still struggled to run the football. Hey it's great the running game got going against teams like Carolina and Jacksonville but again this was against Carolina and Jacksonville. We showed up against sub-par talent and got beat by top tier teams so that makes us middle of the road and is unacceptable. Mack has no gas in the tank. Matthews is WAY overrated and the rookies looked great against teams that were not motivated and out of play-off contention.  Another reason front office changes are needed both in Scouting and Team President/GM

FACT- The Falcons still has several starters on defense that are not living up to potential. Takk is still a bust, and VB showed up against inferior talent when he realized he had to play for his next contract. Our LBs have been consistantly soft and again against superior talent get toasted, this alone should be enough to get TD and some front office people some papers.

Overall grade even with the win next week, is a C-, you finished below .500, overall you finished middle of the road and for two years waited until you were out of the play-offs to start winning. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I've seen enough. Rebuild the house. Tear it down to the stubs and rebuild.  Medicore is average and average is not fun to watch. We already have this with the Hawks. We dont need to watch another year of AVERAGE football. Give me wining football and effort not hype. Tired of hearing about the labor pains show me the baby. 

Blank needs to send a message to all Atlanta fans that he is serious about the hardware, he needs to cut deep and get rid of some names of some people that have been here too long. No more same old Falcons. Time for a new "process" .

Edited by Refried Beans

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

needs to send a message to all Atlanta fans that he is serious about the hardware, he needs to cut deep and get rid of some names of some people that have been here too long. No more same old Falcons. Time for a new "process" .

FACT - Falcon fans have very little patience for building a team that can contend for a title consistently.

FACT - Falcons fans want a title NOW. IF not today then start over tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, dothan_birdman said:

So you want to cut deep and in multiple areas across the franchise and players to start fresh. Then demand a winning season? You are incredibly optimistic that new staff will be perfect. The odds of that are low. So low there's a cliche about the grass being greener......

THIS X1000

We are mired in mediocracy and not holding people accountable. Championship caliber franchises hold their staffs accountable for the result, if they dont get the results then they get gone and ownership finds someone who can produce.

You have one job and that is to win football games, if you fail two years in a row you are not the man for the job.

Results no more excuses. The Bucs and Lions ownerships take excuses we should not. 

Quinn is in year five not two. We know what we have with Quinn. Inconsistency and not holding people accountable. THIS will not bring Atlanta a championship. 

Time to move on.......................

Edited by Refried Beans

10 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

End of season run or not, Arthur Blank needs to keep a clear head and leave emotion out of business decisions. 

FACT- The Falcons started 1-7 and had a terrible defense ALL from a head coach that is supposed to be a DEFENSIVE MINDED Head Coach. This is like your kid is failing math with a low F and then after midterm decides to actually try and ends up with a C.  Well s C is still a C and not a A and you dont make $4.5 million a year for C's.

FACT- The Falcons still struggled to run the football. Hey it's great the running game got going against teams like Carolina and Jacksonville but again this was against Carolina and Jacksonville. We showed up against sub-par talent and got beat by top tier teams so that makes us middle of the road and is unacceptable. Mack has no gas in the tank. Matthews is WAY overrated and the rookies looked great against teams that were not motivated and out of play-off contention.  Another reason front office changes are needed both in Scouting and Team President/GM

FACT- The Falcons still has several starters on defense that are not living up to potential. Takk is still a bust, and VB showed up against inferior talent when he realized he had to play for his next contract. Our LBs have been consistantly soft and again against superior talent get toasted, this alone should be enough to get TD and some front office people some papers.

Overall grade even with the win next week, is a C-, you finished below .500, overall you finished middle of the road and for two years waited until you were out of the play-offs to start winning. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I've seen enough. Rebuild the house. Tear it down to the stubs and rebuild.  Medicore is average and average is not fun to watch. We already have this with the Hawks. We dont need to watch another year of AVERAGE football. Give me wining football and effort not hype. Tired of hearing about the labor pains show me the baby. 

Blank needs to send a message to all Atlanta fans that he is serious about the hardware, he needs to cut deep and get rid of some names of some people that have been here too long. No more same old Falcons. Time for a new "process" .

This my friends is hard to argue against (we did beat miners and saints) but even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn.  I posted on this as well.  I’m not a DQ hater.  If he stays I’ll root for him  but these are the facts based upon first five years.  It’s risky to jettison a group that has in my opinion delivered our greatest successes in 50+ years but again that says it all in a way.  This franchise has  never gone after excellence, not legitimately for the first 30+ years.  AB must decide if he is happy w consistently middling and occasionally really good. That’s what we are period.   It’s not easy.  I don’t envy the decision but I know what the results of staying pat will be.  Can we as fans invest in status quo???  We could endure years of futility from walking off a cliff prematurely, we could actually hoist a Lombardi or......we can be really good every nth year and fair to pathetic others by keeping what we have.  Takes a big set to make these kinds of decisions (either way) sometimes.......

10 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

I think Blank should send your thread title as his message. “Let’s dont muddy the water.” 
They’ll know what that means 

8 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

FACT - Falcon fans have very little patience for building a team that can contend for a title consistently.

FACT - Falcons fans want a title NOW. IF not today then start over tomorrow.

I've been waiting for this team to get up off it's knees, drop the clown act and get a Lombardi since 1966.  I suppose you're right I'm just too impatient.

Also, anybody who is still entertaining the idea Dan Quinn is building this team toward title contention needs a check-up from the neck up.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

I've been waiting for this team to get up off it's knees, drop the clown act and get a Lombardi since 1966.  I suppose you're right I'm just too impatient.

Also, anybody who is still entertaining the idea Dan Quinn is building this team toward title contention needs a check-up from the neck up.

#FACT

12 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

I don't know, man --- you kinda make it sound like, if we blow this thing up, it's not going to "muddy the water".  IT WILL!!!  It could be at least 2-3 years, before we even get back to where we are now, if that happens.  And frankly, as a long-time Falcons fan (1966) I don't really want to go through that....AGAIN!  Maybe I'm selfish, but when I think that Ryan, Julio, and others will be long gone by then, or at least at the end of their careers, it makes me wonder if we'll ever field another team like we have right now?!?!?!  
Therefore, considering the strides this team has made since the Bye, it would be my opinion to give it ONE MORE YEAR, before cleaning house, and see if we can take up where we left off, next season.  If not, so be it!  Light the fuse --- :tiphat:  

FalconJim- Dont be scared. The Packers jettisoned McCarthy last year and won the division with a new coach this year. Dont be scared to let go of being average. We experience our biggest gains in life when we take our biggest chances. No one gets anywhere without stepping forward. David Shaw/Ed Dodds 2020 Bringing Atlanta the hardware. 

Edited by Refried Beans

On 12/23/2019 at 1:04 PM, Refried Beans said:

We are mired in mediocracy and not holding people accountable. Championship caliber franchises hold their staffs accountable for the result, if they dont get the results then they get gone and ownership finds someone who can produce.

You have one job and that is to win football games, if you fail two years in a row you are not the man for the job.

Results no more excuses. The Bucs and Lions ownerships take excuses we should not. 

Quinn is in year five not two. We know what we have with Quinn. Inconsistency and not holding people accountable. THIS will not bring Atlanta a championship. 

Time to move on.......................

I just dont believe Mr.Blank will get rid of Dimitroff or Dan Quinn.

We are a finesse mid tier team.

Who may get lucky and get in playoffs for a round or so.

But, punching the ticket to Superbowl and winning the Lombardi. 

It takes a vision & aggressiveness from ownership like Ravens.

They had a Superbowl...and Q.B who got them chip ....still decided to move away and revamped everything.

Every year with the core identity of defense they have a chance to go deep in playoffs.

Defense wins championships. Period!

We need a team which is built around Grady Jarett....and give him guys who will commit on every play and every game.

I look forward to you freaking out when nothing happens next Monday and McKay is still in the building, TD is our GM moving forward and Ed Dodds is no where to be found in the ATL.  I can’t imagine how many sentences I won’t be able to follow or understand of yours because you are so worked up.  Should be a good time for all.

Also, as others have already hinted at, “let us do not muddy the water” doesn’t make any sense.