@ 7/9 at best and you want to:

roguebeaver

Keep both Dan and Vic?! Really, where have these guys been all year and why do you think, if you do, that Arthur should bring these guys back fo another year?! 

I just don’t Danm see it! They don’t deserve it t! No playoff invite for the last two years, and they want/deserve more of Arthur stash? No friggin way, I say. This isn’t the American National Red Cross... there are actually folks this time of year in need of charity and DQ and VB ain’t in the need for the AB charity in the least... let’s move on from both, and see what happens. At least there would be some intrigue vs status quo from the last two years! 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Because DQ made a strong argument at the bye for why the team was 1-7 and what he planned to do to turn it around. His turnaround worked. That's what a HC would be hired to do if DQ's plan hadn't worked. 

And yet, here we are...going to Disney World instead of a playoff game! Okay Arthur, they turned it around and missed the playoffs! Is this your gage, your barometer for success? If it is, how in the Heii did Home Depot make you a billionaire! Selling faulty hammers and plastic nails! Jeeez  

Just now, roguebeaver said:

And yet, here we are...going to Disney World instead of a playoff game! Okay Arthur, they turned it around and missed the playoffs! Is this your gage, your barometer for success? If it is, how in the Heii did Home Depot make you a billionaire! Selling faulty hammers and plastic nails! Jeeez  

Saints missed the playoffs three years in a row while they got their roster and cap sorted out. Going on a deep playoff run three years in a row. 

2 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

But, if they turned it around, in the second half, why not do it at the start of the season...loafing about perhaps? 

That's what DQ sold Blank on. That he knows what the issues of the team are and can turn it around. Yes, 1-7 sucks. It's happened. But DQ proved he's got a handle on this team and didn't lose the locker room and the players welcome him back. 

What may sway Blank will be ticket sales...

36 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Keep both Dan and Vic?! Really, where have these guys been all year and why do you think, if you do, that Arthur should bring these guys back fo another year?! 

I just don’t Danm see it! They don’t deserve it t! No playoff invite for the last two years, and they want/deserve more of Arthur stash? No friggin way, I say. This isn’t the American National Red Cross... there are actually folks this time of year in need of charity and DQ and VB ain’t in the need for the AB charity in the least... let’s move on from both, and see what happens. At least there would be some intrigue vs status quo from the last two years! 

I do have to mention that TB in discussing Doug Petersen mentioned that an NFL coach had to “have enough dog in him for those players to have a ltl fear and respect for their coach”.   He also mentioned that other young coaches should take note......I agree w TB.   That’s what I want at the Branch.   I blv that’s the missing piece and reason we flopped all year until they may have cost a dude his job.   

28 minutes ago, vel said:

Saints missed the playoffs three years in a row while they got their roster and cap sorted out. Going on a deep playoff run three years in a row. 

Winning a Super Bowl buys you a little bit of leeway. 

Also the Saints never skipped a beat on offense.

The Falcons under Quinn, conversely, have never had a great defense.  You could argue one year they had a defense that was slightly good.  Other than that....  it’s been bad and horribly bad.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Winning a Super Bowl buys you a little bit of leeway. 

Also the Saints never skipped a beat on offense.

The Falcons under Quinn, conversely, have never had a great defense.  You could argue one year they had a defense that was slightly good.  Other than that....  it’s been bad and horribly bad.

Which is why we're talking two 7-9 seasons and not three. 

Usually when people talk about a short term plan or goals they are talking about 5 years.

In five years Quinn has shown nothing but inconsistent efforts and outcomes from the teams he has coached.  We’ve gone to one super bowl under him, but anybody with half a brain knows the real reason we got to that super bowl.

Quinn was advertised as being a defensive guru that would bring us a defense to be reckoned with game after game.  Fast and physical was his tagline.  We have yet to see the fruits of those words.

Many here are afraid of letting Quinn go because “what else is there”.  But as I have said before, that type of thinking is why Atlanta teams never get anywhere.  

1 hour ago, vel said:

Because DQ made a strong argument at the bye for why the team was 1-7 and what he planned to do to turn it around. His turnaround worked. That's what a HC would be hired to do if DQ's plan hadn't worked. 

Dan Quinn is the same guy that didn’t trump Shannys passing plays and audible for running plays and a FG to win the SB. Dan Quinn is the same guy who’s team won 3 meaningless games last year to go from the 5th pick to the 16th and “start the next year with momentum”; Dan Quinn is the same guy who started 1-7 and has never had a defense better than 27th with “his guys” he wanted to draft.  Do you think it’s a coincidence everyone performs better the last 1/3 of the season when were eliminated? You don’t think it’s our team playing to not get cut or to get a contract for another team before they’re out of the league?  DQ has the “best team on paper” in the NFL and now we’re going to rattle off 4 meaningless wins to drop us between 15-20 on draft day.  I like Quinn and I think he’s a good guy but that doesn’t change the fact we’ve underperformed and been out coached for the last 2 years. 

6 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Usually when people talk about a short term plan or goals they are talking about 5 years.

In five years Quinn has shown nothing but inconsistent efforts and outcomes from the teams he has coached.  We’ve gone to one super bowl under him, but anybody with half a brain knows the real reason we got to that super bowl.

Quinn was advertised as being a defensive guru that would bring us a defense to be reckoned with game after game.  Fast and physical was his tagline.  We have yet to see the fruits of those words.

Many here are afraid of letting Quinn go because “what else is there”.  But as I have said before, that type of thinking is why Atlanta teams never get anywhere.  

I'm perfectly fine moving on. But I also understand why it's not as cut and dry any more. When the biggest asset is pounding the table for DQ in Matt Ryan, that carries weight. When all of the leaders on the team are playing hard and doing the same, it carries weight. When everything DQ said he would do to improve the team at the bye has worked (this is pure speculation because we have no idea what he told Blank) and you're looking at a 6-2 finish, it carries weight. 

If DQ was opposed to taking over as DC because he knew it wasn't a strength of his to be HC and DC but Blank insisted, Blank has to take some blame. Especially when the defense has looked miles better after he's given up control. If Blank banged the table for Koetter over Bevell, then he takes some blame for the offensive mismatch. 

1 hour ago, roguebeaver said:

No, our gage is Russell Gage.