Thomas Dimitroff Needs To Be Fired

GrimeyKidd

We have seen what this roster is capable of in the second half of the season.  We will have an extra second in the upcoming draft and we are a year into the youth movement on the OL. Dimitroff has made some mistakes, but has kept us competitive year in and year out under different coaches and schemes.  Barring a meltdown over the next two games I say we keep both TD and Quinn for 2020.

29 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It's happened to use ONE TIME in how many attempts? You're acting like it's probable. If you were really so tired of losing you'd be a little more appreciative of the last decade.

The time of being appreciative is over. Matt Ryan, Jones, and the other core guys are not getting any younger. We keep going down this path and those guys aren’t getting a ring. They’ll be on good rosters at best but that’s not getting this franchise a SB win unless we get the next Belichick. 

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Since Thomas Dimitroff was hired in 2008, the falcons are tied for 8th best winning percentage (both regular season and playoffs combined) out of all 32 teams. Only New England, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Green Bay, and Seattle are better. The point? The Falcons have been a top 10 franchise in the TD era. Guy gets too much hate 

I don’t hate TD.  He’s def btr than most of his predecessors but the prblm rt now is that list you quoted is too long ahead of Falcons for a fan base that had LI ripped out of their hearts and we’re nationally humiliated.  TD May have done as well as anyone  in same scenario but he is blamed by most criticizing  him for the continued under staffing of our trenches. Fairly or not.   

7 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I don’t hate TD.  He’s def btr than most of his predecessors but the prblm rt now is that list you quoted is too long ahead of Falcons for a fan base that had LI ripped out of their hearts and we’re nationally humiliated.  TD May have done as well as anyone  in same scenario but he is blamed by most criticizing  him for the continued under staffing of our trenches. Fairly or not.   

You know who has big awesome trenches? Dallas. They’ve won 2 playoff games in this decade. The Falcons have been to 2 conference championship games 

1 hour ago, GrimeyKidd said:

I meant more from a cap point of view with free agents he likes to sign 

We resigned our best players for years.and had low cap to work with yet you crying over 2 free agents that were released because they suck got signed here because our guards suck and youre mad because they suck? Dude he drafted a rg and rt.injuries happen i dont think he truly believed he was finished fixing the line long term.with Brown and carpenter.

56 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You know who has big awesome trenches? Dallas. They’ve won 2 playoff games in this decade. The Falcons have been to 2 conference championship games 

Yeah, fair point.   I’m admittedly not an NFL expert but maybe our issues are a combination of scheme, personnel and coaching.  Maybe size is fine if they are put in a position to success and coached effectively.   They look prty darn good today though:)

Just now, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yeah, fair point.   I’m admittedly not an NFL expert but maybe our issues are a combination of scheme, personnel and coaching.  Maybe size is fine if they are put in a position to success and coached effectively.   They look prty darn good today though:)

The point is, the whole “TD has failed to build great trenches therefore he’s a failure” saying is a complete crock. There are plenty of ways to win in the NFL. Dimitroff has built 2 conference championship rosters with 2 head coaches. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The point is, the whole “TD has failed to build great trenches therefore he’s a failure” saying is a complete crock. There are plenty of ways to win in the NFL. Dimitroff has built 2 conference championship rosters with 2 head coaches. 

I gotcha and don’t nec disagree.  Just saying “I blv the rub w the fire TD crowd is perception that aside from 2016 and 2012 our OL/DL have not consistently performed and in fact have been exposed in playoffs” I’m not saying this is an accurate assessment but I blv that is perception of many.  

48 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

In the last 12 years, how many GMs can say they have won multiple SBs?

Idk - I want one that will win one SB and one that don’t take 13 yrs to build an OL and find some pass rushers. It’s on the owner to find the great GM  not a mediocre one like TD. 

35 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I hope we fire him and he goes to Buffalo or something. They'd appreciate the **** out of him.

16 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

So if we won in 2016, this discussion is irrelevant then. 

But we didn’t and he doesn’t get a pass. Sorry I don’t trust TD and idk how he’s going to do without Scott Pioli. The best drafts were with Pioli here. Once again, he’s proven he sucks at producing OLs DLs and pass rushers

You know the story about IF your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle.

29 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I hope we fire him and he goes to Buffalo or something. They'd appreciate the **** out of him.

Lol at Buffalo hiring this flunky monkey. He couldn’t carry Brandon Bean’s jock strap. BB built an OL DL and PRs in three years. Regardless  of where he’s goes it won’t be soon enough and if he did something special elsewhere congratulations to him. 

2 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

But we didn’t and he doesn’t get a pass. Sorry I don’t trust TD and idk how he’s going to do without Scott Pioli. The best drafts were with Pioli here. Once again, he’s proven he sucks at producing OLs DLs and pass rushers

You know the story about IF your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle.

Well my aunt would still be my aunt at the end of the day. Getting away from that, our OL has been ranked highly throughout the TD era at different points.

So I'm not sure you can say he can't build an OL. His recent 2 picks, especially Lindstrom, are looking like difference makers up front. 

I mean teams like Cleveland and Dallas have put a lot of picks at building an OL and they arent even close to a dominating team with said OL.

Not to mention that u don't win at the 8th best rate in the NFL if you didn't acquire the talent to do so. This fan base needs to really lose this fallacy that TD sucks because we don't have something that a lot teams don't have themselves.

2 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Well my aunt would still be my aunt at the end of the day. Getting away from that, our OL has been ranked highly throughout the TD era at different points.

So I'm not sure you can say he can't build an OL. His recent 2 picks, especially Lindstrom, are looking like difference makers up front. 

I mean teams like Cleveland and Dallas have put a lot of picks at building an OL and they arent even close to a dominating team with said OL.

Not to mention that u don't win at the 8th best rate in the NFL if you didn't acquire the talent to do so. This fan base needs to really lose this fallacy that TD sucks because we don't have something that a lot teams don't have themselves.

But don’t blame em for wanting better. And look heck the dudes been here 12 yrs and ok he’s a had a decent OL here or there but the whole world knows his history of building trenches and pass rushers

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Weird how we've made multiple playoff runs then...

2016 was like the 2nd time in Matt Ryan’s entire Falcons tenure that we weren’t “one and done” in the playoffs. Also, playoff run, in my interpretation, means Super Bowl bound. If we had been solid in the trenches, we would have a few rings. We will not make a championship run unless we have a supreme minded WCO coordinator or a formidable offense line where we can control the tempo of the game by being able to run the ball.

In 42 seasons before TD (1966-2007), the Falcons made it to the playoffs eight times ('78, '80, '82, '91, '95, '98, '02, '04). This is  .190, a playoff of over every five season.

In 12 seasons since TD (2008-present), the Falcons have made it to the playoffs six times ('08, '10, '11, '12, '16, 17).  This is .500, a playoff every other season.

I think any real fan of this team should know that a .500 record of going to the playoffs (average of every other season) is much better than the .190 record the first 42 years!

Edited by falconfansince66

8 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

But don’t blame em for wanting better. And look heck the dudes been here 12 yrs and ok he’s a had a decent OL here or there but the whole world knows his history of building trenches and pass rushers

What's the definition of better here? Just someone who can say they built better in the trenches? Because if that's all better is, then that's not far off from what we already have in TD.

26 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Lol at Buffalo hiring this flunky monkey. He couldn’t carry Brandon Bean’s jock strap. BB built an OL DL and PRs in three years. Regardless  of where he’s goes it won’t be soon enough and if he did something special elsewhere congratulations to him. 

Oh yea...Brandon Beane is absolutely crushing it in Buffalo with his zero playoff wins....