I’m convinced a perennial winner:

roguebeaver

Have something in common that constantly seems lacking for the Falcons. A lot of us would say we’re missing many things, or just a piece or two away, which has been the case for this team for years. If it’s the piece or two away crowd, this mentality keeps our hope alive from year to year, and keeps us optimistic for the upcoming year, when we lose, and keep losing. Conversely, the many needs crowd are eternally pessimistic and even become angry and descend into tankerhood, yearly. A common bond though is winning, both want the wins badly in hopes of goodness to come...

Now, what do the perennial winners have that we seem to be missing? I believe it to be about one thing, and one thing only...the objective of winning a Lombardi only, nothing more, nothing less. IMHO only, the Falcons have a small number that are in it to win it, whilst the majority just want to be individually good enough to get large paydays, get to the off season and live large. I bet the majority on TATF can name no more than 5, or 6 that are dedicated to a Lombardi as their motivation and the rest of the team is just after a good payday and staying healthy, looking towards the off season.

The 6 that I say are Lombardi driven based upon their performance and attitude on the Falcons are: Ryan, Julio, Grady, Matthews, Mack, Hooper. Many Others wanting big paydays, a lot more just wanting good paydays and the remainders just want to hang around for some pocket change, lol. 

GB NE Pitts Seattle, all want Lombardi driven players I believe, not just lip service dreamers and this shows in their ability as a team to making the playoffs year in and year out...imo. The rest, Carolina, NO, ATL, Tampa, et all, all get just the majority of good enough players at the talent level to perform and hope for magic!

Your thoughts? 

41 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Super weird. Not sure I like it 

Two things..

1. Got tired of getting suspended! Between here and twitter, I felt, inferior till I figured out the issue. Which was everyone didn’t like and was against me.

2. I went full tankerism, and didn’t want to. It’s not my nature, but, was under the influence of other’s control.  

I’m all good now, I think. Lol 

10 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Two things..

1. Got tired of getting suspended! Between here and twitter, I felt, inferior till I figured out the issue. Which was everyone didn’t like and was against me.

2. I went full tankerism, and didn’t want to. It’s not my nature, but, was under the influence of other’s control.  

I’m all good now, I think. Lol 

Was just joking around. Because usually your threads were quite filled with liquid courage. This one was different. Lol

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Was just joking around. Because usually your threads were quite filled with liquid courage. This one was different. Lol

No prob, I deserve all I get...

More like, convoluted and intoxicant induced Jibberish. But, at least, for a Saturday night,  before a big game, I’m ready. Just think! Falcons have an outside shot at finishing tied for 2nd in the NFL South! I’m stoked. 

Nope, I’m still good. 

Good points, but it's more than just players. Number one, and I will just use Pittsburgh and Green Bay to start. They have strong fan bases. People will argue with you all day about this. We don't have it. This is with the good and the bad. They will fill a stadium with snow and temperatures below zero. We can't even fill our seats in the comfort of a dome environment. Letting another team's fan outweigh you at home games are not good. Funny how we've played our best football on the road this year. You can blame the lack of success, PSL, Ticket Prices, or whatever. Your commitment as a fan brought you to these decisions. Ownership has issues, but they can be easily fixed. Pittsburgh has had only 3 head coaches over the last 50 years. They've had ups and downs, but I bet they never had a home game where the opposing team had more fans. 

Change is needed all around, including us.

BTW: Instead of getting mad, and hating the slogan "Rise Up". Learn to embrace it. Even when haters take shots at it, they're taking notice. I'm pretty sure someone said the yellow towels were a terrible idea too. 

15 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Good points, but it's more than just players. Number one, and I will just use Pittsburgh and Green Bay to start. They have strong fan bases. People will argue with you all day about this. We don't have it. This is with the good and the bad. They will fill a stadium with snow and temperatures below zero. We can't even fill our seats in the comfort of a dome environment. Letting another team's fan outweigh you at home games are not good. Funny how we've played our best football on the road this year. You can blame the lack of success, PSL, Ticket Prices, or whatever. Your commitment as a fan brought you to these decisions. Ownership has issues, but they can be easily fixed. Pittsburgh has had only 3 head coaches over the last 50 years. They've had ups and downs, but I bet they never had a home game where the opposing team had more fans. 

Change is needed all around, including us.

BTW: Instead of getting mad, and hating the slogan "Rise Up". Learn to embrace it. Even when haters take shots at it, they're taking notice. I'm pretty sure someone said the yellow towels were a terrible idea too. 

win games then you won't have a problem any questions

I think it’s a gross oversimplification (and a BS cliche) to suggest that certain teams win because they “want it more” than everyone else. There are 32 team, all (or almost all) of who are very seriously committed to winning titles and who work extremely hard to do so. The bottom line though is that - no matter how much they each want it and how hard they work- each season only 1 canwin it. Every year there are 31 teams who put in a massive effort to try to succeed, only to come up short.

As for GB, they’ve been successful largely because they lucked out in finding back-to-back HOF QB’s. Even then, they “only” converted that to 2 SB titles in 25 years which just goes to show how difficult it is to succeed.

If there is one thing to take from Pittsburgh, it is the importance of continuity and having an identity.

I think the OP has a point. I'll elaborate; High draft picks ie; Beasley, Tak and others through the years start out making big money and due to the teams reputation suffering in cutting a high draft pick they hold on to marginal players who quite possibly aren't very motivated. It happens all over the league as management won't admit to a mistake as huge as a 1st or 2nd round dud.

Take Grady, a 5th round pick. He is flat good, but has been very motivated to work his way to the top and the resulting pay. I can only guess, but coming from a poor background and suddenly having wealth can be seen as disastrous countless times in the NFL. So many millionaires broke in a few years. Digressing I know, but it is "show me the money" in the NFL.