James Carpenter to IR

Geneaut

The Atlanta Falcons placed offensive guard James Carpenter on injured reserve Friday and re-signed lineman Sean Harlow.

Carpenter was ruled out of Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars with a concussion. With only one more game to go in a disappointing season, the Falcons (5-9) decided to place the 30-year-old on IR.

Carpenter started all 11 games he played for Atlanta after signing as a free agent in March.

well well, I have to admit my first thought was 'maybe an injury settlement gets us out of his contract'

loved him coming out of college, but man he's bounced around a good bit. I know we've had WORSE guys, but his play didn't measure up to what I (and a lot around here) hoped for upon reading the news we'd signed him

18 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

That was Stocker for me. I didnt expect much from Carpenter honestly. I expected Stocker to play a good H-back role for us.

I'm thinking we could let him go next offseason, save the money and use Graham in that role.

It would have been nice to see if we could have gotten more than we did out of Saubert as well.  I really felt that we could have used him and Hooper in that Gronk/Hernandez dual threat role from back in the day.

1 hour ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I'm thinking we could let him go next offseason, save the money and use Graham in that role.

It would have been nice to see if we could have gotten more than we did out of Saubert as well.  I really felt that we could have used him and Hooper in that Gronk/Hernandez dual threat role from back in the day.

Imagine if we had drafted Kittle in 2017 instead of waiting and grabbing Saubert.

11 hours ago, papachaz said:

well well, I have to admit my first thought was 'maybe an injury settlement gets us out of his contract'

loved him coming out of college, but man he's bounced around a good bit. I know we've had WORSE guys, but his play didn't measure up to what I (and a lot around here) hoped for upon reading the news we'd signed him

Even Nick Saban didn't love him coming out of college. I remember them showing Saban being surprised when he was picked. 

44 minutes ago, Power I said:

Even Nick Saban didn't love him coming out of college. I remember them showing Saban being surprised when he was picked. 

He should be surprised when a lot of his players get drafted. Most are only a product of a cupcake schedule every season. Some are naturally gifted talent wise but some leave a lot to be desired 

15 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I am curious if they won’t see Graham more as a replacement for Hooper. I wouldn’t relegate him more to blocking, he is very athletically gifted for a TE.

if we try to fix the gap and let Hooper, Neal, Beasley, Campbell walk would could be in for a nice compensatory haul in a year. They should all land decent to nice multi year deals in FA.

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

too bad 'hot truth' it totally wasted around these parts

:lol:  I wanted to go with my old standby, but I didn't want you to think I'm stalking you, and you would 

:mmmhmm: 

:lol: I wouldn’t think that about you but I do when it comes to a few others. Like they just come in threads looking for my posts lol