Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdrake34

Rise of Skywalker Spoilers Discussion Thread

56 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Porkins said:

Sitting there, slack jawed at the greatest movie my 13 year old eyes had ever seen. Still the best movie experience of my life. Then the attack on the Death Star starts and I'm getting more and more excited as the visuals get better and better. Heart was just racing like a trip hammer. Then, I thought I heard them refer to him as Porkins and in the midst of my increasing hype, I blinked, shook my head and asked myself "WTF?!"

david tennant what GIF by Doctor Who

Scrunchomarx likes this

On 1/3/2020 at 3:56 PM, JayOzOne said:

I'm shocked as many of y'all dig this movie as it seems. :huh:I might have to watch it again to see if I like it more than the first time.

I saw it again Sunday after giving it a couple weeks to breath and hated it even more than the first time. It’s the most bizarrely incoherent and terribly written movie in this franchise. It’s like watching someone play a video game really poorly. 

Scrunchomarx and JayOzOne like this

6 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

I stand corrected :lol:

You can't come at the greatest Y-Wing pilot the Rebellion ever had and not expect a correction. It's not Jek's fault the stupid Rebellion leadership shoehorned (and I mean that both figuratively and very likely literally) this staunch pilot into the wrong class of star fighter where his misaligned talents ultimately led to his premature (but memorable) departure from the Saga.

Scrunchomarx and Skeetbird like this

On 1/7/2020 at 7:01 AM, RightInTwo said:

I saw it again Sunday after giving it a couple weeks to breath and hated it even more than the first time. It’s the most bizarrely incoherent and terribly written movie in this franchise. It’s like watching someone play a video game really poorly. 

Nothing beats the prequels as far as incoherent messes IMO. But this was right there with them as far as tragically missed chances. I put it on par with the final season of Game Of Thrones for not understanding why everything that came before it worked and failing to stick the landing.

Porkins likes this