The Worst NFL Coaching Decision

Sidecar Falcon

I couldn’t remember if this was posted. I figured it speaks to the narrative of Quinn’s time management issues. He does make some extremely questionable decisions. Regardless of our final record this season, I believe he needs to be gone. This goes for the remainder of the front office. It’s time for a new and fresh perspective. 

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Dan Quinn is not a terribly sharp individual. His brain isn’t functioning at a high level. He is a meathead. 

A loveable meathead. 

You are right, he is not very bright, but has it ever dawned on you why he has been involved in the most bizarre SBs and SB decisions of this decade? 

Shuts down one team one year, then the next year hands Belichick a SB Ring in its jewelry box. Then there is SB 51, how many different ways can we show you how that one was wrapped in gold wrapping paper with red bow-tie? Has it started to make sense to you yet? Besides the NE side of the ledger, he is the other common denominator in all three of those SBs.

Then, who better to spin it into his best Dante's version of 'the world is somehow exactly as it should be'! 

13 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

You are right, he is not very bright, but has it ever dawned on you why he has been involved in the most bizarre SBs and SB decisions of this decade? 

Shuts down one team one year, then the next year hands Belichick a SB Ring in its jewelry box. Then there is SB 51, how many different ways can we show you how that one was wrapped in gold wrapping paper with red bow-tie? Has it started to make sense to you yet? Besides the NE side of the ledger, he is the other common denominator in all three of those SBs.

Then, who better to spin it into his best Dante's version of 'the world is somehow exactly as it should be'! 

How exactly is that DQ's fault? The Seahawks were at the one yard line in position to score. The defense held on as long as they could considering the offense wasn't doing jack for much of the game. I'm pretty sure they managed to generate 3 turnovers in that game, including one in the endzone that took points off the board. Oh, and their starting nickle corner got injured.

Of course Wilson's throw was not a fault of the DC, but the Pats were sitting in the situation they were in because of Quinn's defense. I know the Hawks held them off as long as they could, that's right. 

Bottom line, Mr.Quinn was involved in a couple of the most 'unusual' SBs of all. Just like a suspected serial killer always seems be near the location of the crime scene.

My point is he is not more than average intelligence, which does not cut it in the NFL today, but he is certainly someone's useful 'Idiot'.

Edited by Cheap Talk

7 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I couldn’t remember if this was posted. I figured it speaks to the narrative of Quinn’s time management issues. He does make some extremely questionable decisions. Regardless of our final record this season, I believe he needs to be gone. This goes for the remainder of the front office. It’s time for a new and fresh perspective. 

This has actually been posted a few times over the years. That being said, it's not very fair to judge Quinn for something he did in his 1st year five years later. 

10 hours ago, octoslash said:

Nah.  

This doesn't even come close to Seattle passing into the Patriots' arms instead of handing the ball to Lynch 5 feet from the end zone in the Super Bowl.

Not even close.  

The Seattle play call was unbelievably stupid, but Seattle was behind.  They needed to make a play to get ahead.  Marshawn Lynch was the call to  make, but if he was no guarantee.    

WE HAD THE GAME IN HAND!  

I respectfully disagree with you.  Quinn's lack of leadership and poor decisions lost a Super Bowl......maybe the only Super Bowl for the Falcons for the rest of my life.

Quinn's call was the worst I have ever witnessed.   

16 hours ago, etherdome said:

The Seattle play call was unbelievably stupid, but Seattle was behind.  They needed to make a play to get ahead.  Marshawn Lynch was the call to  make, but if he was no guarantee.    

WE HAD THE GAME IN HAND!  

I respectfully disagree with you.  Quinn's lack of leadership and poor decisions lost a Super Bowl......maybe the only Super Bowl for the Falcons for the rest of my life.

Quinn's call was the worst I have ever witnessed.   

I was comparing the Seattle Super Bowl debacle to the OP's regular season game in San Fran, when the Falcons were trailing 17-13...not the Falcons 28-3 SB debacle.