Baldy Breaks Down - Julio Jones vs 49ers

Lethal

This is why I laugh at the Julio folks who claim Julio is slowing down, or is dropping off, or any of that other nonsense.  Dude is one of the most smooth route runners I have ever seen.  Underrated blocker.  Oh and can still create separation with his speed and size.  Dude is special, and should be able to compete at a very high level for several more years even if he begins to lose a step eventually.  Much like power pitchers need to get creative when their velocity goes away, Julio's route running will always be one of his biggest assets.  Anyway, enjoy the breakdown.  Baldy does a great job and it's always great to see our elite talent being elite.

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

For sho....Julio dat dude....even an all time great like Larry Fitzgerald said during the season....

"Watch this guy..he's the best I've ever seen"

Who dont like greatest...

Yup.  Big accolades coming from Larry.

Did you hear that audio clip of Bosa being all proud he tackled Julio?  lol...he was all "I just tackled Julio Jones...." all star struck lmao

16 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

And this is why if your an OC why oh why are you not running thee offense through this guy.

Only good things happen when you go to #11.Everyone else eats off of it.

I would say you’re right, but with a caveat:

• 2015: 204 Targets for 1,800 Yards.  One Dinensional

• 2016: 123 Targets for 1,450 Yards.  Perfect

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I would say you’re right, but with a caveat:

• 2015: 204 Targets for 1,800 Yards.  One Dinensional

• 2016: 123 Targets for 1,450 Yards.  Perfect

It goes past the numbers for me.Its the effect and stress he puts on opposing defenses.All he needs is that creative mind to draw it up and our offense will roll.

A big thing no one talks about is #11s run blocking.First run play 2016 SB watch Julio seal the edge and Free went for 30+ odd.See for me stuff like that is using Julio Jones and getting best value but doesn’t appear in the stat column.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Ummm lol where u been?  There are people saying that, crazy as it is.

First it was injury prone remember that crap and now he’s hit a certain age he’s gonna slow down lol the doubters will go out on a limb on this and a decade later it’ll be like I told you so lol.

While in the meantime Julio’s doing his induction speech at Canton.

What’s funny is typical Julio would’ve had 200 yds/2 TD’s Sunday. Given his opportunities he was a notch below the (all-time) standard he’s set for himself, just dropped a few

just finished watching the condensed game, only saw bits and pieces live Sunday. Matt played one of the best games of his career, wow. That was insane quarterbacking. He threw dime after dime while navigating the pocket and buying time. Dealt with the nonexistent run game as usual 

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

I was constantly looking at lindstrom. Dude was picking up those stunts. Also how about hoop drawing double teams. 

Me too!  I was replaying to watching Lindstrom over and over on that last 2 plays where 3rd and 1 and JJ TD.  On 3rd and 1 at first I thought Lindstrom blocked 2 guys but it was a stunt that he picked up.  Still he did an excellent job at getting off his guy to pick up #54 who came from a stunt.  Then on that last play Lindstrom went one on one vs Armsted who has 10 sacks this year.  He gave Ryan and JJ time for that play to develop otherwise Ryan would have to rush that pass.  OL did an excellent job as a whole on those 2 plays.

8 hours ago, athell said:

Lindy is a beast.  Him and McGary next to eachother may be great for the next decade.

And if we can draft another center during that time. I mean I think he , lindstrom; is a big reason for our mini resurgence. He’s giving Matt all types of time to throw. Time he hasn’t had prior to