FalconFan1st

Colts vs Aints... anyone watching?

127 posts in this topic

I sure hope Josh Gordon can figure out a way to survive, forget his football career.

Being somebody who struggles with substance abuse, I feel for him...but at the same time, when somebody gives you eight or nine chances to continue living life as a millionaire, at some point you need to slap yourself in the face and realize what needs to be done, and do it.

But I can't judge because I haven't made it very far along the road to my own salvation either.

32 minutes ago, fuego said:

They get the refs from our game? Colts have already been called for 5 penalties and they've only averaged 5.2 per game, lowest in the NFL. 

Katrina refs on full display. 

After the absolute trash game that the colts got away with us.....I have no sympathy.

Until yesterday...the colts game was the worst officiated game that I had ever seen from whistle to whistle.

Yesterday trumped that one in a monumental fashion.

VTCrunkler, JDaveG and fuego like this

4 minutes ago, cnst said:

Feels unnatural but I'm rooting for Brees and his record. Especially if Brady is on the losing end of it. Gotta respect both though. Crazy good careers. 

I would never root for Brees under any circumstance, especially some kind of record. Unless him winning benefited us. And then still very reluctantly. I would hate every moment of it. 

JDaveG, FalconJim, slick0ne and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Have the Colts touched the football in the last hour?

Indirectly. They tackled a Saint while holding the ball. 

Edited by cnst
octoslash and Iron Saint like this

1 minute ago, fuego said:

I would never root for Brees under any circumstance, especially some kind of record. Unless him winning benefited us. And then still very reluctantly. I would hate every moment of it. 

I get it but an accomplishment like that should be respected. Especially when it does NOT impact our team. 

Whoever #50 is for the Colts, he sucks. He’s been blowing coverages all night. I know Leonard is your best cover backer, but let him be the Rat in cover-1. This defense is looking flabby and sick right now. They at least used to be able to keep teams in front of them.

Iron Saint and octoslash like this

4 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Ever notice it seems Brees’ records seem to always happen during a Prime Time game? SNF, MNF or TNF

Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken one of those records was throwing 5 interceptions in one of those Primetime games against the Falcons LOL.

JDaveG likes this

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Whoever #50 is for the Colts, he sucks. He’s been blowing coverages all night. I know Leonard is your best cover backer, but let him be the Rat in cover-1. This defense is looking flabby and sick right now. They at least used to be able to keep teams in front of them.

I don't know any stats or records, but it occurs to me that a lot of AFC teams that don't ever go down there just get blown away by the intimidation factor of playing in that place. And the Colts really look like they have no interest in being there right now.

Wasn't it Dante Culpepper Miami signed instead of Brees when he left SD because Brees had had shoulder surgery? 

Yep. Talk about how the entire history of the league could have been different. Saban might still be in the NFL, and you could imagine how tough a walk through the AFC East the Patriots would’ve had the past ten years or so.

JDaveG and fuego like this

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yep. Talk about how the entire history of the league could have been different. Saban might still be in the NFL, and you could imagine how tough a walk through the AFC East the Patriots would’ve had the past ten years or so.

Bingo. 

4 minutes ago, fuego said:

Wasn't it Dante Culpepper Miami signed instead of Brees when he left SD because Brees had had shoulder surgery? 

And Booger just mentioned that. God I wished Miami had taken Brees and not been scared of the surgery.

4 minutes ago, fuego said:

Fan of the Falcons, hater of the Saints. ;)

I hate the Saints too, but I respect certain players on their team.  Brees has torched us throughout the years but he is a good dude and I'm still happy for him, just wish he had done it on another team.  I'd be even happier if he would just retire now that he has accomplished that.

Iron Saint and cnst like this

Fan of the Falcons, hater of the Saints. ;)

On this, we've definitely aligned. 

Couldn't care less or respect it less. 

Especially after watching him pad his stats for years on bad teams.

I feel like once him and Payton got a ring, they moved on to finding records they could break. Starting with dinking and dunking down the field to complete a high percentage of passes. 

****, it’s working for them now so how can you blame them. 

JDaveG and falconsd56 like this