Ryan played elite level quarterback against the 49ers

Spts1

Yall got me...:lol:    I'm one of Ryan's BIGGEST detractors on the board  ( news flash) so I felt I should make my own little thread about the game Ryan played yesterday.  That being said,, THAT was the type of game I've been looking for from Ryan.  He did EVERYTHING I want to see from a quarterback.  He showed exceptional pocket presence, albeit with improved blocking up front, but its the nuances he showed of being able to slide just slightly in the pocket and step up into the pocket that impressed me. 

You can't win every play as a quarterback, but I want you winning somewhere around 70 percent of the plays.  That means making the right read, making a accurate throw, not taking a sack and not throwing a interception.  Do that 70 percent of the time and we cool.  People say " whats a elite quarterback?"  Elite is the game he played yesterday.  You don't have to throw for 300 or more yards.  Its the subtle stuff.  Some of yall will say that Ryan plays elite most of the time.  Work with me on this, I have to take baby steps here...:lol:

Here, Ryan short hopped a throw to Julio. He couldn't step into it but nonetheless, I felt he should have been able to arm it out to Julio:

Animated GIF

Ryan felt my wrath :lol: and on the very next play he stepped into a completion with zip I have never seen from Ryan. I had my fingers on the button ready to clown him, then he does this:

Animated GIF

Right here he showed accuracy with Julio.  One of my gripes with Ryan is he leads Julio out of bounds on these sideline throws,  but he showed EXCELLENT product placement here.  Nothing the defender could do with this throw and Julio's size.  I heard the corner holla for help on this one:

Animated GIF

I want my quarterback to be able to extend plays.  You don't have to be Michael Vick or Lamar Jackson.  Here the defense is in man coverage.  Ryan goes through his progression and doesn't get happy feet and look for a place to fall down.  Instead, ( he is feeling my wrath)  Ryan calmly tucks the ball down, steps out of trouble and takes the yardage that the coverage gave him by running the ball.  The Falcons stay ahead of the chains:

Animated GIF

Lastly, Ryan and Julio are paid to be the playmakers.  In crunch, clutch or whatever you want to call it,  the ball is suppose to go nowhere but to Julio.  Again, the right decision, right call by the coordinator and excellent product placement:

Animated GIF

Edited by Spts1

15 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Yall got me...:lol:    I'm one of Ryan's BIGGEST detractors on the board  ( news flash) so I felt I should make my own little thread about the game Ryan played yesterday.  That being said,, THAT was the type of game I've been looking for from Ryan.  He did EVERYTHING I want to see from a quarterback.  He showed exceptional pocket presence, albeit with improved blocking up front, but its the nuances he showed of being able to slide just slightly in the pocket and step up into the pocket that impressed me. 

You can't win every play as a quarterback, but I want you winning somewhere around 70 percent of the plays.  That means making the right read, making a accurate throw, not taking a sack and not throwing a interception.  Do that 70 percent of the time and we cool.  People say " whats a elite quarterback?"  Elite is the game he played yesterday.  You don't have to throw for 300 or more yards.  Its the subtle stuff.  Some of yall will say that Ryan plays elite most of the time.  Work with me on this, I have to take baby steps here...:lol:

Here, Ryan short hopped a throw to Julio. He couldn't step into it but nonetheless, I felt he should have been able to arm it out to Julio:

Animated GIF

Ryan felt my wrath :lol: and on the very next play he stepped into a completion with zip I have never seen from Ryan. I had my fingers on the button ready to clown him, then he does this:

Animated GIF

Right here he showed accuracy with Julio.  One of my gripes with Ryan is he leads Julio out of bounds on these sideline throws,  but he showed EXCELLENT product placement here.  Nothing the defender could do with this throw and Julio's size.  I heard the corner holla for help on this one:

Animated GIF

I want my quarterback to be able to extend plays.  You don't have to be Michael Vick or Lamar Jackson.  Here the defense is in man coverage.  Ryan goes through his progression and doesn't get happy feet and look for a place to fall down.  Instead, ( he is feeling my wrath)  Ryan calmly tucks the ball down, steps out of trouble and takes the yardage that the coverage gave him by running the ball.  The Falcons stay ahead of the chains:

Animated GIF

Lastly, Ryan and Julio are paid to be the playmakers.  In crunch, clutch or whatever you want to call it,  the ball is suppose to go nowhere but to Julio.  Again, the right decision, right call by the coordinator and excellent product placement:

Animated GIF

Was that he first game you've seen Matt play?

7 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

He played at an elite level  last game too. He's played at an elite level in so many games throughout his career that it would take you months to make a thread for each of them

Ryan has good games with bad plays mixed in.  Yesterday was the type of game I want to see. He was accurate, took no needless sacks, and had zip on the ball.  A quarterback can throw for 400 meaningless yards.  Yesterday, Ryan threw for less than 300 yards but the impact was far greater than that...

Edited by Spts1

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

Ryan has good games with bad plays mixed in.  Yesterday was the type of game I want to see. He was accurate, took no needless sacks, and had zip on the ball.  A quarterback can throw for 400 meaningless yards.  Yesteray, Ryan threw for less than 300 yards but the impact was far greater than that...

Every QB has good games with bad plays mixed in.  Heck every player has good games with bad plays mixed in.  That's called football.

20 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Your man enough to give credit where it's due that's legit but yeah matt made the throws he's supposed to make but overall a great team win 

22 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Ryan has good games with bad plays mixed in.  Yesterday was the type of game I want to see. He was accurate, took no needless sacks, and had zip on the ball.  A quarterback can throw for 400 meaningless yards.  Yesterday, Ryan threw for less than 300 yards but the impact was far greater than that...

99% of the board doesn't care what you think....

23 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Last night Drew Brees only had 1 incomplete pass and that 1 incomplete pass was a pass that was 5 feet off target to a wide open guy standing only about 10 feet away with no one around him. He just completely botched the throw. But you guys don't see that when he does it or any other "HOF" QB. You only see Ryan when he messes up. You just see the highlights of Brees, Rodgers, Brady, ect and say "oh, Matt Ryan can't do that" or when Matt Ryan makes a bad throw or dumb play "Rodgers wouldn't have done that and that's why Rodgers is elite and Ryan isn't. Ryan does things that MVP 12 year veteran QBs shouldn't do." It's hyperbole that's not based in reality because you don't watch every play of every game that Rodgers plays so you don't see his screw ups but you see Ryan so you assume that Ryan messes up more than other QBs or whatever other absurd statement you want to give.