Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stizz

Your new draft targets if we're out of the top 10?

No use in crying over spilled milk. I vented all last night so now here we are. 

If Derrick Brown isn't on the board any longer, who's your new target?

I focused on Javon Kinlaw initially, but saw how much he struggled to shed blockers. Espensa doesn't look like much of an athlete and I think he'll have huge issues with tackles in the NFL.

A guy I wouldn't mind is Kenny Murray. Fast, explosive and looks nearly identical to Deion Jones in 2016. Watch his tape and see he's a clear upgrade to Campbell. If we're selecting between 12 and 19, he'd be a guy that can come in and start immediately. 

AJ Epanesa, DL (though not sure he falls out of top 10)

Yetur Gross-Matos, DE

Javon Kinlaw, DT

Grant Delpit, FS

Kristian Fulton, CB

Derrick Brown, DT (not a lock in top 10, though likely)

I would also be okay w a RB. An elite back is good value on a 5 year rookie deal, as they can make an immediate impact.

11 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

AJ Epanesa, DL (though not sure he falls out of top 10)

Yetur Gross-Matos, DE

Javon Kinlaw, DT

Grant Delpit, FS

Kristian Fulton, CB

Derrick Brown, DT (not a lock in top 10, though likely)

I would also be okay w a RB. An elite back is good value on a 5 year rookie deal, as they can make an immediate impact.

You're impressed by Kinlaw's tape? I know he was doubled often, but I saw him fail to impact against lesser competition. Weeks ago I would have been thrilled with Delpit, but he's looked off this year and Rico/Kazee have made for a serviceable safety tandem.

25 minutes ago, isproab said:

I do think Brown would be the best player we could hope for.  If we are picking 12 to 15 and Brown is off the board.  Mostly Juniors and I think they all come out.  In no particular order.

DeAndre Swift

J.K. Dobbins

Grant Delpit

Javon Kinlaw

Etienne, Swift and Dobbins are tough. I feel like there will be a run on those guys before our first second round selection.

Sounds like a lot of us are thinking about the same group of players.  I know Epenesa will be in the mix.  I don't see him as being that explosive.  So I need him to be at least as athletic and strong as the Bosa boys.  If he isn't that caliber of an athlete, I personally would not feel good about picking him before 20 (but its not really my call).  Same goes for Gross-Matos.  He does look more like a pass rusher.  Doesn't strike me as a super athlete, but he looks like he has a little more juice coming off the line than Epenesa.  Unless the workout is super, Gross-Matos doesn't seem to be trending in that 12 to 15 range right now.  

My only complaint about Etienne is he isn't that big.  Listed at 200 lbs, I know he is explosive, but I want a guy with a little more weight.  Like Cam Akers, but he isn't a first rounder.  I ultimately want 2 RBs.  Freeman I think will be gone.  Hill is just a guy on the roster.  Ito will be back, but he is small.

Edited by isproab

Can’t deny beating the Saints and Panthers handily and upsetting the 49ers did feel good, but left a bittersweet taste turning in our ticket to the Chase Young chase. It is what it is though, if it ain’t him I’ll let the front office do their job and go get a good player. Wouldn’t be mad at one of those stud DTs coming out. Probably will need a new DE if/when Vic walks and maybe  even a LB if Campbell’s price tag is too high. 

11 minutes ago, isproab said:

Sounds like a lot of us are thinking about the same group of players.  I know Epenesa will be in the mix.  I don't see him as being that explosive.  So I need him to be at least as athletic and strong as the Bosa boys.  If he isn't that caliber of an athlete, I personally would not feel good about picking him before 20 (but its not really my call).  Same goes for Gross-Matos.  He does look more like a pass rusher.  Doesn't strike me as a super athlete, but he looks like he has a little more juice coming off the line than Epenesa.  Unless the workout is super, Gross-Matos doesn't seem to be trending in that 12 to 15 range right now.  

My only complaint about Etienne is he isn't that big.  Listed at 200 lbs, I know he is explosive, but I want a guy with a little more weight.  Like Cam Akers, but he isn't a first rounder.  I ultimately want 2 RBs.  Freeman I think will be gone.  Hill is just a guy on the roster.  Ito will be back, but he is small.

Bingo. Hill hasn't made the most of his time here this year or last and Freeman is just slow and seems to have lost his vision. There were a couple of holes yesterday where a faster back would have picked up much more.

I definitely want one of Dobbins/Swift, hopefully you can find that second back as a UDFA.

Just now, stizz said:

Bingo. Hill hasn't made the most of his time here this year or last and Freeman is just slow and seems to have lost his vision. There were a couple of holes yesterday where a faster back would have picked up much more.

I definitely want one of Dobbins/Swift, hopefully you can find that second back as a UDFA.

Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift would all be solid picks. Freeman is toast 

1 hour ago, isproab said:

I do think Brown would be the best player we could hope for.  If we are picking 12 to 15 and Brown is off the board.  Mostly Juniors and I think they all come out.  In no particular order.

DeAndre Swift

J.K. Dobbins

Grant Delpit

Javon Kinlaw

We’re going 7-9 this year and will be picking 15-18. With that in mind i would like to get either yetur gross Matos or Curtis Weaver we need a pass rushing end and these guys will fit right in nicely. Then go after Marvin Wilson at dt in the 2nd. 

1 minute ago, texasfalconfan said:

We’re going 7-9 this year and will be picking 15-18. With that in mind i would like to get either yetur gross Matos or Curtis Weaver we need a pass rushing end and these guys will fit right in nicely. Then go after Marvin Wilson at dt in the 2nd. 

We aren't going 7-9 again. Jimmy G doesn't throw the ball beyond 25 yards. ATL's gameplan made the most of it. Jax is an AFC team which Quinn can never beat and Winston always gives us fits.

1 hour ago, stizz said:

No use in crying over spilled milk. I vented all last night so now here we are. 

If Derrick Brown isn't on the board any longer, who's your new target?

I focused on Javon Kinlaw initially, but saw how much he struggled to shed blockers. Espensa doesn't look like much of an athlete and I think he'll have huge issues with tackles in the NFL.

A guy I wouldn't mind is Kenny Murray. Fast, explosive and looks nearly identical to Deion Jones in 2016. Watch his tape and see he's a clear upgrade to Campbell. If we're selecting between 12 and 19, he'd be a guy that can come in and start immediately. 

Dylan Moses or Kenneth Murray would be nice.  Delpit might drop a bit.  Lots a great players will be available 

I’m thinking we’ll be around 18. I wouldn’t be opposed to grabbing Swift, even though I realize there will be a couple of defenders who are equal BPAs and might better suit a need. 

All in all, it’s a tough call. We need RB, TE, C/LG on offense, and DL/LB badly on defense. This is probably a better question for March/April than December.