Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fuego

ESPN - Julio Jones heroics could save Dan Quinn's job with Falcons

28 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Quinn is likely coming back, I'm indifferent to it if it happens.

I will be depressed if DK is retained though.

You know if Quinn comes back DK is not getting fired. 

30 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I think he comes back because there is no doubt in my mind that Koetter was pushed on him. Blank knows this season is on him. 

Someone is going to give Beasely a big contract. Please don't let it be us. I've never liked players who perform above average during a contract year. Always feel like they will start easing up now that they have their money.

5 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Well, you can't say these guys quit on Quinn.

Nope, you sure can't!!!  I mean, you can, but you'd be wrong! :)
I think we keep on "Quinning" next year, all the way to the PLAYOFFS!!!
And after today, I'm o.k. with that ---- I think... 

1 minute ago, sanfranfalcon said:

if Quinn is retained then i really would not be surprised to see Manuel offered DC again. or either Morris or Ulbrich (sp?)...

I’d promote from within on the defense.

They've been playing well the last month or so.

I still don’t see a spot for DQ.Just too many poor off & in season decisions.

Inconsistency and ill discipline is still present.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’d promote from within on the defense.

They've been playing well the last month or so.

I still don’t see a spot for DQ.Just too many poor off & in season decisions.

Inconsistency and ill discipline is still present.

personally i'm ready for change. but i gotta acknowledge his team is playin' for him...

i will FOREVER question Quinn's judgement on his OC's hires and the fact they were hired to call KS' offense. it's like WTF!!??? i'm mean how off can u be to make that a part of someone's hire? and then think it's gonna be successful??!!

Edited by sanfranfalcon

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

You know what I think it wouldn’t matter that much.You get Julio on the wrong day it’s over.

Your an idiot man! You get any player on a certain day......................It`s over. Julio is a BEAST!

2 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I fully expect that win is the one that definitively saves Dan Quinn's job.

As much as I loved that game, I still don't know how I feel about the keeping Quinn part.

I still don't have faith he will ever be consistent.

He blows blue whale dong as a HC. How many other HC's have a frigging timeout consultant or whatever? Seriously? Imagine the unheard jokes in the locker room when that got back to the players.

He's in over his head. Even when we overachieve we still look dumb at times. A ton of penalties...he called an onside kick and didnt even have the right amount of players on the field. This is like high school stuff. What scares me is even if we get players and scheme ironed out, there's constantly going to be pancake-brained stuff from him that will leave us facepalming. That's the part that bothers me more than anything. ****

2 hours ago, fuego said:

You know if Quinn comes back DK is not getting fired. 

We've had so much instability at the coordinator position that I don't think it would happen. 

I personally feel this could be a Pete Carroll situation. We need to keep things intact. Matt and Julio aren't immortal and we can't risk blowing up the coaching staff again. 

1 hour ago, Bama4Life said:

Your an idiot man! You get any player on a certain day......................It`s over. Julio is a BEAST!

Put the drink down mate if you’d followed the thread I think if we had a half decent play caller Julio goes for over 200 today.

Of course Julio’s a beast but it’s been to long between TDs for anyone’s liking I wonder why that is.

Why now have they finally figured out its Julio Jones they got out there feed the man.

I think Dan is still not making the tough call with regards to the running game!.... Freeman is not the guy anymore. Give Hill more carries and we will see the running game improve. Dan has got to make the change.... What does he have to lose??????

Edited by Bermy Falcon

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Put the drink down mate if you’d followed the thread I think if we had a half decent play caller Julio goes for over 200 today.

Of course Julio’s a beast but it’s been to long between TDs for anyone’s liking I wonder why that is.

Why now have they finally figured out its Julio Jones they got out there feed the man.

was Julio in motion a lot more today? seemed like it...

13 minutes ago, sanfranfalcon said:

was Julio in motion a lot more today? seemed like it...

I’ve seen a few things the last few weeks across the whole team that’s making a difference.Moving Julio around is just a given if you want to maximise him.

Question for me is why now when the seasons gone.

Its one of those things that has me shaking my head thinking what could have been.

Offensively we are still very messy.I think I’ve only seen one complete half where I’ve thought this is what this offense should look like and that’s that 2nd half v the Colts.

I know within myself DK isn’t it but I’m who knows what AB thinks.

5 hours ago, Malachore said:

Yes, im sick of koetter. D has played great from time to time. O is the definition of inconsistent. Three 3 and outs and then an amazing drive. All season the dame s**t