I'm happy for Quinn

dodge_birds_fan

3 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I like Quinn. He's a good guy. We can debate his balls, brains, acumen you name it. But we can agree he's a good guy. A good guy having a bad year. Today was good for him. His team outplayed Shanahan. That had to feel good

I will whole heartedly agree w you here!  I have many concerns about the mgt situation but I do blv he’s a good man and they fought hard today!

1 minute ago, coryb78 said:

He sure was loose on that last drive.  For a guy whose job is on the line and staring down the barrel of 4-10 the guy was focused.  Made me feel better watching him.

If a guy ever needed a moral victory, it was Quinn. Let's have it, his job is probably over. The past 2 years were abismal. I'm happy he had this. And seeing that smug face of shanahan. Priceless

Quinn has definitely been through the fire this season!!!  But I think he's one of the good guys, who genuinely cares about his players!  And you can tell they HAVE NOT QUIT on him!!!  To me, that says a LOT, under the circumstances! 
And until this very day, I was on the fire Quinn train ---- now, I'm not so sure it would be the best thing to do (dang it).  If we could somehow carry this over to next season, and have a great draft & free agency, I think we'd be better off NOT making a coaching change....yeah, I said it.  Plus, it would give our coordinators a full season under their belt, together.  That seems to be the number, when they start to "gel". 
Just my gut feeling ---- or maybe it was the tacos....
  :lol:  

I agree. I've never seen players play for their coach like this. How many 1-7 t teams come out swinging after their bye? Jim Mora couldn't command this level of respect. Smitty needed one win to go to playoffs and the team crapped the bed against Carolina.

This honestly reminds me of the 2015 Carolina game. Their single loss of the season.

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

Quinn has definitely been through the fire this season!!!  But I think he's one of the good guys, who genuinely cares about his players!  And you can tell they HAVE NOT QUIT on him!!!  To me, that says a LOT, under the circumstances! 
And until this very day, I was on the fire Quinn train ---- now, I'm not so sure it would be the best thing to do (dang it).  If we could somehow carry this over to next season, and have a great draft & free agency, I think we'd be better off NOT making a coaching change....yeah, I said it.  Plus, it would give our coordinators a full season under their belt, together.  That seems to be the number, when they start to "gel". 
Just my gut feeling ---- or maybe it was the tacos....
  :lol:  

Honestly bro I think it would be a big mistake stay the course..maybe get a new gm and oc tweak personal on the lines add a piece or two and I think we are back 

I have complained about Quinn about as hard as anyone this year, but I must say that seeing his players go to war for him like they have when all logic in the world says they should roll over has given me pause. I do think he has pushed the right buttons on Defense since the bye week. Ulbrich and Morris need to stay exactly where they are. 

I'm at the point now where I think the only way you fire Quinn is because the leadership on this team has someone in mind that they firmly believe is head and shoulders better than Quinn. If that's not the case, I could see a case for bringing him back.

14 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Honestly bro I think it would be a big mistake stay the course..maybe get a new gm and oc tweak personal on the lines add a piece or two and I think we are back 

You could be right, man ---- but, I don't recall EVER being this torn on keeping a HC, or letting him go!  Most always, it's fairly "cut & dried" which way to go....but I keep thinking (especially the way we've been playing the last 5-6 games), "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Try To Fix It"!!!  And change, just for the sake of change, doesn't always work out the way we think it will. 
Oh well, it ain't up to us, so we'll have to wait and see what Arthur does ---  

11 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

I have complained about Quinn about as hard as anyone this year, but I must say that seeing his players go to war for him like they have when all logic in the world says they should roll over has given me pause. I do think he has pushed the right buttons on Defense since the bye week. Ulbrich and Morris need to stay exactly where they are. 

I'm at the point now where I think the only way you fire Quinn is because the leadership on this team has someone in mind that they firmly believe is head and shoulders better than Quinn. If that's not the case, I could see a case for bringing him back.

Couldn't have said it better, myself ---  :tiphat: 

Team didn't just outplay Shanny's. The 49ers were outcoached, plain and simple. Same with the Saints game. The gameplan has rarely been the issue imho. It's that he can't get the team playing consistent winning football. They can beat anyone in the league on a good day. He needs to ******* hammer it home that they aren't owed **** though. So many young players on defense.

I say he deserves one more year. Kick DK's sorry *** to the curb and see what happens. Doubt we have coaches lining up with this salary cap **** anyways...so see what he can do without interference. He sold AB on the changes and they're playing out very well. So run with it and stop getting in the way.

9 hours ago, coryb78 said:

He sure was loose on that last drive.  For a guy whose job is on the line and staring down the barrel of 4-10 the guy was focused.  Made me feel better watching him.

I believe with how well we played that he’d of been kept even if we don’t score on that last drive 

assuming he felt the same

Edited by ShmevinShmarris

I do like Quinn and he's clearly well respected around the league and by those that he's coached or those that have worked under him. He does seem like a genuinely good person.

That said I still think we need a change at the top - this team can't take more than half a season to start playing for their jobs. In the grand scheme of things this season has been a disaster and there aren't any scapegoats this time round. Why a few wins, albeit meaningless, against good teams are a nice way to finish the year, it shouldn't save DQ's job.