Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs 49ers In-Game Thread ***

2 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Falcons are showing who they can be. There is a drop off in talent with all the injuries, but the game plan is being executed and they are playing respectable football. I'm still not a huge fan of Koetter's offense, but I think Ryan is doing his best to overcome that by making audibles at the line. 

Kudos to Wreh-Wilson, Beasley, and Oliver so far. They're all playing above the mark I expected of them. 

But let's not get fooled the. The Quinn regime needs to go.

9 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

George Kittle makes me miss having a guy like Dunta Robinson that would knock all the ********* out of him.

It’s games like this I miss Keanu the most.   He’s only player on the current roster that could knock that stupid smile off Kittle’s face.     

They’re even glorifying that block where Kittle made an obvious hold, on the half time show.  

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

I like him, but people keep saying he’s easily the best TE in the league. He’s not. He literally trails in almost every major category to Kelsey. If Hooper didn’t get hurt, he’d be ahead of Kittle in everything too. 

It definitely has more to do with my disdain for media and how they latch onto a handful of players and force them down our throats.

7 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Imagine this season with a run game on offense, KeKe and Morris with the DBs and less of DQ doing too much?

We’d be challenging for the division.

This 49er team just TOOOOEEEE UP the Saints IN New Orleans. We dominated Saints in their place AND should have beat them at home.

This team was poorly coached during our 1-7 start...and by Dirk’s game plans vs the Saints/Bucs at home.

Oh what could have been!  Predict the record if we had those guys plus lindstrom. 

Also i need to tabulate the wins/losses of our opponents this year. 

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

But let's not get fooled the. The Quinn regime needs to go.

I know a lot of y'all want that to happen. I just think human beings aren't time capsules. I'm not the same person I was 2 months ago, and neither is Quinn. The guy has solid coaching skills. The jury is still out with me.

5 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Falcons are showing who they can be. There is a drop off in talent with all the injuries, but the game plan is being executed and they are playing respectable football. I'm still not a huge fan of Koetter's offense, but I think Ryan is doing his best to overcome that by making audibles at the line. 

Kudos to Wreh-Wilson, Beasley, and Oliver so far. They're all playing above the mark I expected of them. 

With the exception of '16, we've essentially underperformed every other season. Defense was just very opportunistic in '16 but still not all the way there. The lack of discipline, consistency and good schemes has been the downfall of the Quinn era IMO.

Just now, The Don™ said:

With the exception of '16, we've essentially underperformed every other season. Defense was just very opportunistic in '16 but still not all the way there. The lack of discipline, consistency and good schemes has been the downfall of the Quinn era IMO.

I surely can't disagree with you. 

3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Never once in my life understood this kind of thinking.  I will never hold anything against a guy for being good at what he does and enjoying doing it the right way.  If anything i'll root him on and support him for being one of the good ones.  The people i would not like is the media and others that won't shut up about said person non stop.

I agree it is nothing he is doing (I actually like his playstyle).  I don't wish ill against him, it will just always put me off to I hear announcers spend more time sucking off one player than talking about the actual game.

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

I would add that an over-emphasis has been placed on culture and catch-phrases, and not enough on consistency and discipline.