Let's All Tip Our Caps!

slider

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ex-saints-dome-patrol-linebacker-johnson-dead-at-57-121319

Former Saints linebacker Vaughn Johnson has died. Vaughn was part of a Saints linebacker corp that was a thorn in the side of the Falcons and most other teams they played during that period. I hated having to watch the Falcons go up against those guys even though the Saints offense would usually find ways to lose just as the Falcons would. They're hated rivals for sure but how can you not respect the memory of a linebacker corp that included Vaughn Johnson, Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills and Pat Swilling? All were selected to the pro bowl at the same time. I hated those guys on the field but I did a whole lot of cap tipping back in the day. God Speed to Vaughn.

Edited by slider

2 minutes ago, slider said:

Former Saints linebacker Vaughn Johnson has died. Vaughn was part of a Saints linebacker corp that was a thorn in the side of the Falcons and most other teams they played during that period. I hated having to watch the Falcons go up against those guys even though the Saints offense would usually find ways to lose just as the Falcons would. They're hated rivals for sure but how can you not respect the memory of a linebacker corp that included Vaughn Johnson, Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills and Pat Swilling? All were selected to the pro bowl at the same time. I hated those guys on the field but I did a whole lot of cap tipping back in the day. God Speed to Vaughn.

Those Saints Defenses in the early 90s were good.

Amazing that all of the teams from our divisions (NFC West and NFC South) all at one point during their history, has had probably the best defenses in the NFL, and while having the worst offense.

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Those Saints Defenses in the early 90s were good.

Amazing that all of the teams from our divisions (NFC West and NFC South) all at one point during their history, has had probably the best defenses in the NFL, and while having the worst offense.

It goes to remind us all about how difficult it is to find that proper combo of personnel, chemistry and luck. Much less being able to do it consistently over many years. The 49'ers were able to do it back in those days but since realignment, it remains to be seen if any team can separate from the pack of teams in the NFL South.

That's one big thing that gets overlooked about the Falcons.... and Saints for that matter. When they played in the NFL/NFC West the Rams and Niners were there and now the NFC South is one of the most talented divisions in the league. Would be nice to have the Jets, Bills and Dolphins of the last 20 years or so to go up against.