Let's get big mean and nasty

Refried Beans

I want the next Team President/GM and coach to build the Falcons a big mean and nasty o-line like the Hogs of the 1980s. I want to see Saints players getting pancaked. I hope the Falcons organization can find a GM that specializes in this, because nothing is more beautiful to watch in all of sports than a o-line driving a d-line back 4 plus yards before defense can even get a hand on the running back. Let's go old, school William Andrew, Lynn Cain, Michael Turner and just pound teams. Our current batch of ladies need to be toughened up. Put them on the sled and let's man up. I dont mind losing so long as we are taking people's manhood away on the line. But manhood takers dont often lose. So let's go find some GD goons and sign them up and let's be the type of team other teams dred playig on Sunday the type of team they know they are going to sore on Monday. Let's get our manhood back and start clocking people. 

Man I would take Derek brown or Tristan Wirfs and draft noting but linemen rounds 1 thru 3. Who cares what the fans think about the draft? When we start winning 10-12 games regularly they will be happier than pigs in poo. Start loading up on good o-linemen and d-linemen in the draft. Get our RBs cheap thru free agency like New England does. Even Philly they year they went to SB pick up Ajay from Miami. Put our money in the line, get the meanest goons available. Grinders. Get rid of this current batch of pansies and let's get nasty in the trenches. Old school. 

13 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Part of the problem is the fan base. No one here supports drafting first Round OL, they are just talk. I like center Tyler Biadaszz. I would take him and Swift and build a good rushing attack. 

I don't think people hate drafting lineman, its that the times we DO draft a Lineman under TD they typically have been awful.

Jake Matthews is massively overpaid for being a mediocre LT. No one can forget T-Rex Baker. Lovely Peter Konz & Lamar Holmes :lol: Mike Johnson...Hawley...Sean Harlow. Reynolds..

From this past years class, Lindstrom breaks his foot week 1.... McGary has had massive ups and downs this year.

Drafting O-Line has given this fanbase PTSD.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I don't think people hate drafting lineman, its that the times we DO draft a Lineman under TD they typically have been awful.

Jake Matthews is massively overpaid for being a mediocre LT. No one can forget T-Rex Baker. Lovely Peter Konz & Lamar Holmes :lol: Mike Johnson...Hawley...Sean Harlow. Reynolds..

From this past years class, Lindstrom breaks his foot week 1.... McGary has had massive ups and downs this year.

Drafting O-Line has given this fanbase PTSD.

All teams have OL busts, and Lt Matthews has been good for us. We need a better OL and OC and this line will shine. 

Here's a cheat sheet: 1. Andrew Thomas  2. Derek Brown 3.Tristan Wirfs, 4. Javan Kinlaw 5. Jedrick Willis 6. Tyler Biadaz 7. Marvin Wilson 8. Raekwon Davis. 

Ranked best to worst. Pick one of these guys 1st round. If any are still available in 2nd round when you go to pick with 2nd pickm  pick who is left. Not rocket science.

LOAD UP ON LINEMEN. NFL GOLD. 

Matthews has been Ok, he's doesnt instil fear in anyone, he's done his job. He hasnt been great he's been ok. He is replaceable. Remember we want goons, nasty, mean, take your manhood away hitters, not just OK. Let matthews go play for Arizona or NY Jets they like OK players. 

Edited by Refried Beans

49 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I want the next Team President/GM and coach to build the Falcons a big mean and nasty o-line like the Hogs of the 1980s. I want to see Saints players getting pancaked. I hope the Falcons organization can find a GM that specializes in this, because nothing is more beautiful to watch in all of sports than a o-line driving a d-line back 4 plus yards before defense can even get a hand on the running back. Let's go old, school William Andrew, Lynn Cain, Michael Turner and just pound teams. Our current batch of ladies need to be toughened up. Put them on the sled and let's man up. I dont mind losing so long as we are taking people's manhood away on the line. But manhood takers dont often lose. So let's go find some GD goons and sign them up and let's be the type of team other teams dred playig on Sunday the type of team they know they are going to sore on Monday. Let's get our manhood back and start clocking people. 

Lindstrom and McGrary are a good start imo.

21 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Matthews has been Ok, he's doesnt instil fear in anyone, he's done his job. He hasnt been great he's been ok. He is replaceable. Remember we want goons, nasty, mean, take your manhood away hitters, not just OK. Let matthews go play for Arizona or NY Jets they like OK players. 

He's also not a gaping hole of suck. Not saying he can't be upgraded, but it's not a super high priority if you need to upgrade the actual gaping holes of suck at other positions.

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Geneaut- Our gaping holes of suck ARE the o-line and d-line.  We can get safety and dbs third round. 1st and 2nd round is where you draft best linemen available. 

Is LT the gaping hole of suck on our OL? I'd be looking hard at the middle of the OL before I looked at the edges. I'd be real happy if we could get a top notch OC earlyish.

I'm not saying don't take a guy if he's there and he falls to us, but I might not start the day headed for an LT.

6 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

not with ryan and all his big money weapons,

7 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Part of the problem is the fan base. No one here supports drafting first Round OL, they are just talk. I like center Tyler Biadaszz. I would take him and Swift and build a good rushing attack. 

I want a GM who doesn’t need to run a focus group to know how to draft for their team and delivers the results to validate the system.   That’s ALL this town needs is RESULTS and all of us clowns  on boards, radio calling and ultimately the bleachers will shut up real fast and be right there riding the victory train!!!!   Just get some real football men who know their business and we’ll all shut up when the results are there.  

7 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Bring it on man!!!! I’d love to see some big ole beasts that can move as well.  You must be able to stretch field but nothing is more effective or beautiful than just imposing your will w 4-5 yard runs chewing up yards and clock.  It will ALWAYS win when paired w a big athletic nasty QB destroying D.   We should be constructing the “pit of doom” for any NFL QB we face!!!  Just one small step short of criminal assault every time they step on the field!  Until we have this kind of hard nosed mentality the results will always be similar.  Close occasionally, mediocre often and a fair dose of being made to looks like a bunch of women in cleats every Sunday.  We nee football  knowledge, experience,  discipline and the desire to physically destroy our opponent emblazoned in this org.  AB’s gotta embrace it first then hire accordingly.  No Lombardis are awarded for Corp atmosphere and civic responsibility.  That’s great stuff but if you can’t win no one except the NFL brass cares and they don’t buy a ton of PSLs, hot dogs and beers.......

Derek Brown and Tristan Wirfs will be there when we draft if we dont get one of these two interior linemen, then Falcons FO has no clue what they are doing. Derek Brown next to Grady Jarrett would be nasty. And if Brown is off the board then Wirfs is the type of Grinder we need on the o-line.

Bubbabeans- I would give you two likes on post above if I could. My thoughts exactly.

Edited by Refried Beans

20 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Geneaut- Our gaping holes of suck ARE the o-line and d-line.  We can get safety and dbs third round. 1st and 2nd round is where you draft best linemen available. 

We could have 4 Reggie Whites on our DLine. As long as we are soft in coverage and dropping our ends into coverage it wont matter