Jump to content

Tandy, Where Are You?


Recommended Posts

To the Queen of TATF, just checking in with you and making sure all is well. I know it’s been a tough year, but you are thought of often and we miss you.
 

I’ve seen you check in on occasion… Just making sure you’re good and smiling as often as  you should be

@Tandy

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hanging in there - and thank you so much for asking.    I think if I can get through the holidays this year, I'll be ok.

I was surprised at the game.   I missed him there, for sure - and I swear I heard his voice next to me screaming Juuuu-li-oooo when he made that sideline catch and Rodd....yyyyy -  when he was introduced at half-time.   I turned to talk to him often and the reality would hit me again, but overall - I was able to enjoy the game, and found myself hoarse after the game as usual.

The games will never be the same - we shared them so closely, but I still love them - and as I adjust more and more to the "new me", I think I'll be able to enjoy them even more.

I'm going to the last home game of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A great example for us all to be sure we find something we can enjoy with our loved ones and create special moments. 

Life gets so busy it's easy to forget.  Much better to have lived it together and have such wonderful memories than to look back and wish things were different.  

Good to hear from you and thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue on this journey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kschreck said:

A great example for us all to be sure we find something we can enjoy with our loved ones and create special moments. 

Life gets so busy it's easy to forget.  Much better to have lived it together and have such wonderful memories than to look back and wish things were different.  

Good to hear from you and thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue on this journey.

Great point

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prayers coming your way ma'am. It's awesome that you were able to enjoy the game,  even with a heavy heart.  I lost my wife to cancer at 31 years old.  She would watch with me every Sunday and said even though I'd scream at the TV, which she never understood,  there was never anywhere else she wanted to be.  I miss her everyday. I've learned to cope as much as possible. Take the time you need to heal is the best advice I can give. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, falcon1fan said:

Prayers coming your way ma'am. It's awesome that you were able to enjoy the game,  even with a heavy heart.  I lost my wife to cancer at 31 years old.  She would watch with me every Sunday and said even though I'd scream at the TV, which she never understood,  there was never anywhere else she wanted to be.  I miss her everyday. I've learned to cope as much as possible. Take the time you need to heal is the best advice I can give. 

My heart goes out to you.  I don't know that I'll ever heal or stop hurting for him, but I'm learning to live without him and get through the day.   I guess the price you pay for loving and being loved is the pain you feel when it's gone.    I don't regret what we had - not one minute, but I'm paying for it now.   There's a part of me that's glad he went first, because I would never want him to feel the pain I feel without him.   That helps believe it or not.   I remember thinking that I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with him, and I was angry about that, then someone reminded me that he spent the rest of his life with me - because he wanted to - and so - that's ok.   He loved me enough to spend the rest of his life with me - now I have to wait the rest of my life to see him again.  But - life goes on after they've gone - and we just have to learn to live without them - and without the us that they took with them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tandy said:

My heart goes out to you.  I don't know that I'll ever heal or stop hurting for him, but I'm learning to live without him and get through the day.   I guess the price you pay for loving and being loved is the pain you feel when it's gone.    I don't regret what we had - not one minute, but I'm paying for it now.   There's a part of me that's glad he went first, because I would never want him to feel the pain I feel without him.   That helps believe it or not.   I remember thinking that I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with him, and I was angry about that, then someone reminded me that he spent the rest of his life with me - because he wanted to - and so - that's ok.   He loved me enough to spend the rest of his life with me - now I have to wait the rest of my life to see him again.  But - life goes on after they've gone - and we just have to learn to live without them - and without the us that they took with them.  

Yes maam everyone told me it would get easier and I'm not sure it ever did,  but sometimes I'll catch myself smiling thinking about her and it's been a little over 10 years already.  Cherish the memories because I promise they will stay vivid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...