My pick for QB

ya_boi_j

I know, I know, I don't know anything about football so my opinion is irrelevant. Boo hoo. 

Anywho, I rarely ever do this so here's to my first attempt. I wouldn't be against using one of the 2nd rounders on him and give him time to grow behind Matt. Granted we have no clue what scheme will be coming to town so flame on. I've watched about 6 videos this morning so I'm comfortable in posting this. Highlught videos have duplicate footage. Im also going to post a bad game as I'm a fan who likes to see things both ways. Either way judge for yourself. 

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I know, I know, I don't know anything about football so my opinion is irrelevant. Boo hoo. 

Anywho, I rarely ever do this so here's to my first attempt. I wouldn't be against using one of the 2nd rounders on him and give him time to grow behind Matt. Granted we have no clue what scheme will be coming to town so flame on. I've watched about 6 videos this morning so I'm comfortable in posting this. Highlught videos have duplicate footage. Im also going to post a bad game as I'm a fan who likes to see things both ways. Either way judge for yourself. 

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Intriguing

I started a thread called hypothetical question. I asked if we got our defensive guy in the top 5, with our first pick and if Love was available late in the first round. I asked would you trade our two second round picks to move back into the first to grab him. He can be molded under Ryan. 

15 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I started a thread called hypothetical question. I asked if we got our defensive guy in the top 5, with our first pick and if Love was available late in the first round. I asked would you trade our two second round picks to move back into the first to grab him. He can be molded under Ryan. 

I wouldn't be against it at all

Unless he fell to like the 3rd round I can't see it. Small school + Did not win any games against top 25 competition and typically looked pedestrian when played them. He also was far better in 2018 than this current season. 

He has nice accuracy and clearly an NFL caliber arm but you can see in a lot of his throws his footwork is really really bad which will hurt him in the NFL. He also stares down a lot of his throws which obviously in the NFL will result in a ton of INTs. Not too many times do you see him cycle through a few reads (Could be a 1 read system, IDK, don't follow Utah St enough to know)

Again, if he fell to like the 3rd or 4th I could see us taking a flyer on him but I can't see us investing heavy capital into a likely project QB that would not be ready anytime soon while still paying Matt Ryan a fortune.

45 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Why in the world would we trade 2 second round picks for someone who would be sitting for a year or two? MR & JJ aren't spring chickens, and this team needs to win now! I would vote no on that idea.  If you are going to trade those 2 seconds, you better trade up for someone who can impact the team NOW.

13 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Why in the world would we trade 2 second round picks for someone who would be sitting for a year or two? MR & JJ aren't spring chickens, and this team needs to win now! I would vote no on that idea.  If you are going to trade those 2 seconds, you better trade up for someone who can impact the team NOW.

With real coaching, how many rookies are actually a necessity?

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

With real coaching, how many rookies are actually a necessity?

There are still some holes on this roster that could be filled, even if it is only depth, and use as a rotational player. Might need to use one of those 2nd rounders to move up in the first, if there is a player that the GM deems is necessary to put this team over the top. Brown & Delpit are the two players that I would target, but Okudah would be a nice get as well.  You never know how the draft will truly unfold, so having 2 second rounders should give the team real flexibility to add valuable players that can contribute now.  Waiting 2 years for a QB to contribute would be a bad idea IMHO.

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

no, 2 second round picks? no we have too many other needs

5 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

There are still some holes on this roster that could be filled, even if it is only depth, and use as a rotational player. Might need to use one of those 2nd rounders to move up in the first, if there is a player that the GM deems is necessary to put this team over the top. Brown & Delpit are the two players that I would target, but Okudah would be a nice get as well.  You never know how the draft will truly unfold, so having 2 second rounders should give the team real flexibility to add valuable players that can contribute now.  Waiting 2 years for a QB to contribute would be a bad idea IMHO.

:tiphat:

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I disagree. Anything outside the first round for me is a depth move while you’ve already plugged real holes in free agency. Realistically there’s not going to be as many holes as we think outside of the Edge and Linebacker position. I have no reason to think they won’t find quality in free agency. That’s where coaching and scheming comes into play.

I said a few weeks back and will stand by it that there’s enough talent on this team right now to be a playoff team had coaching been better all season. Even if you pick another player that will be pure depth with those second round picks you’re still drafting players that will sit or play special teams mostly. 

trading back into the first round to draft your future qb isn’t the worst thing that can be done, especially if he’s groomed properly. It all falls on coaching. 

48 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Understood, but I don't think the FO is even thinking about a future replacement at this time... especially with a higher draft pick.

Probably not. I just hope that when the time comes it’s not a struggle to replace him with someone new instead of someone already in house and ready

For anyone thinking I'm referring to getting rid of Matt, this isn't that thread. Just strictly looking towards the future. While some are okay with drafting Burrow with the first pick, I'm a firm believer and a top 10 pick MUST play. Anything outside of the top 10 is free game. Years ago I would have said first 2 rounds must play but performances from players outside of the first 2 rounds in recent years led me to change that line of thinking. Matt's not going to be around forever and personally I don't want a QB trying to force his way into playing into his 40's. Not a fan of it. 

I think Love has all the talent in the world - the effortless arm strength, ability to escape the pocket and throw off his back foot, across his body or sidearm is very reminiscent of Patrick Mahomes. I'm not saying that's the player he'll be and I think he's a much bigger project than Mahomes was but the talent level, upside and style is similar.

Where you'd want to see him improve is in his pre and post snap coverage recognition and then progressing through his options. There are some very questionable throws he makes on tape that he won't get away with in the NFL but again people said the same of Mahomes.

Certainly very talented for sure but don't think we'll be in the market for a QB in 2020.

2nd favorite QB in the draft behind Burrow. That said, I don't think I'm alone in that, and I could see him having a big rise - even a Daniel Jones esque rise. More likely that he goes in the mid 1st. He really does need to sit behind someone for a minute.

If he's there in the 2nd somehow, depending on FA, there needs to be a serious discussion. Just don't think he slips by everyone.