Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MattM12

Under the radar Falcons. Who keeps their job?

6 posts in this topic

The less said about expensive FA guards the better, but with all of the "fire everybody" threads, we have forgotten to actually talk postively about the bottom third of our roster.

A few guys are quietly stepping up and aren't being talked about enough.

players that have shown me enough to start next year/make the gameday roster:

O

- Gono. Every time I see the guy play I'm happy. Give the young fella a shot somewhere on the line. Shame he can't play LG... Maybe he can next year.

- Lindstrom. Kid is gonna be good. He gets rag dolled a bit sometimes, but you have to love seeing runs getting opened to the right with him and Kaleb. Starting RG for the next 10+

- Kaleb - Yep, he's taken biiiig lumps, but he's what I want at RT. Nasty. Starting RT for the next 10+

- Jaeden Graham - Definitely our #2 pass catching TE, and only set to get better. Like him a lot. Could easily see him as a 400yd 3/4 TD option in 2020.

- Russel Gage - Guy is sneaky atheltic, really nice feet. Wish he'd catch the ball away from his body a bit more, but he has cemented his spot as a top 4 WR on our 53. Like Graham, 400yds 4 TDs

- Keith Smith - Crushing ST tackle and generally deserves another contract. Should make the 53.

D

- Takk - He's playing with energy. He's never gonna get 15 sacks imo, but he's a good heavy end. Still not too expensive, will play out his rookie deal and probably get his 5th year. One more year and Takk really shows us what he is. Starting End.

- Tyler - I'd give him another contract if it's not an aggressive FA market. Like him as our nose for 2020 with our rotation.

- Cominksy - Shame about his achilles, I love high motor guys on our squad. Will be a ST captain in 2 years. Mark it. I also love him as a rush DT.

- Vic - I don't care what anyone says. If we were paying #44 less than 8mill/per, we'd be loving him right now. I wouldn't be shocked if we resigned him unless someone throws desperation  money at him. Give him 8m/per and watch everyone have a meltdown as he collects his 8 sacks a year.

- Oliver - Kid is gonna be our #1 CB next year.

- Sheffield - No bust there. Starting CB next year

- Kazee - FS suits you sir - Injuries pending, stating FS. I'd prefer KeKe and Rico, but let's see how rehab goes for #22

- 45 - Slow start, back to being him - Captain, put someone loud next to him please. He needs a loud moth vice captain on D#

- Foye - Just always around the ball - Start him or draft a superstar OLB.

Marching papers (We can't just have a positve thread on TATF)

O

- Free - Great game last week, but unless he accepts Frank Gore money, he needs to go. Love him but you just can't pay/rely on high paid ageing RBs.

- Schweitzer, Brown and Carp - Let someone else pay them. They will.

- Stocker & Paulsen - Our edge chipping and OT support has been poor. And safe to say they aren't chain-movers. Buh Bye.

D

- Bailey - Flashed 3 times maybe? But such a 'meh' roster addition, looking at it objectively

- Clay - Again, the thing that stands out with him is his hair. So you know he's 'sort of' near the play all the time

- Devondre - Just let him be someone else's frutstrating OLB please?

- Crawford - Finally slowing down. Time to move on

In conclusion, I don't hate the young core of our team. Nothing makes you go 'wow', but a good draft that injects some real D# talent (IMO we really need Chase Young) and sort out the OL, and we could have something. But we say that every F****g year.

mountain_jim3 and vitaman like this

2 hours ago, MattM12 said:

- Vic - I don't care what anyone says. If we were paying #44 less than 8mill/per, we'd be loving him right now. I wouldn't be shocked if we resigned him unless someone throws desperation  money at him. Give him 8m/per and watch everyone have a meltdown as he collects his 8 sacks a year.

:rolleyes:

He collected 8 sacks once in his career not sure why you are making that sound like his normal statline. He has 6 now and only gets them vs Divisional opponents so unless he gets 2 vs Tampa Bay he won't be getting 8 this year either.

Dude has played 596 snaps (about 50/game) and has 32 tackles, 6 Sacks. He has even less pressures and hurries than he had last year which was a bad year as well.

Paying a awful DE 8m/year when the team is already cap strapped. Brilliant!

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Atl Falcon likes this