Brain exercise: What would our record have been if Lindstrom started every game?

Geneaut

12 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I think the run game would have been better, and McGary would have played better as well.

That said I think it would have been a +1 game delta. That D earlier this season was just really atrocious. 

1 for sure, maybe 2. Still, not shot at playoffs even with a healthy Lindstrom. 

9 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

No idea since he doesn’t play defense, but he sure looked like the real deal Sunday. He made Kaleb’s job a bit easier, too, it seemed like. This week will be an interesting test. 

Could it be that TD hit on 2 linemen this draft to pair with the already solid Jake and hopefully held together by duct tape Mack and an upgrade over Brown/Carpenter/Ty in Gono?

Could make for a solid line...

Just now, athell said:

Could it be that TD hit on 2 linemen this draft to pair with the already solid Jake and hopefully held together by duct tape Mack and an upgrade over Brown/Carpenter/Ty in Gono?

Makes what many think is a rebuild into more of a tune-up. I am interested in seeing what happens next week against a ferocious D.

4 minutes ago, athell said:

As long as Mike McCarthy, or a similarly long term winner, is the one coaching that line in 2020 and beyond, I’m good. 

2 hours ago, athell said:

I have got to see more.

The Panthers D was not a good test.

That team was mailing it in.  Sure there are a couple of guys still giving it their all but otherwise that team is in complete disarray.

As horrible as the line played the previous two games I'm not convinced swapping in Gono and Lindstrom fixed that much.

33 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I have got to see more.

That team was mailing it in.  Sure there are a couple of guys still giving it their all but otherwise that team is in complete disarray.

As horrible as the line played the previous two games I'm not convinced swapping in Gono and Lindstrom fixed that much.

I'm in the camp they need to prove more, but I'm still optimistic. At the worst they didn't flat out stink.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I have got to see more.

Oh of course, the sample size for the rookies is too small (though Kaleb's is obviously a little larger...giggidy) but Lindstrom looks polished and Kaleb looks like with the right guys next to him he can do well.  I'm not part of the "Jake sux" camp, though I was on board for letting Mack go earlier in the year but he has rebounded nicely.  Gono, again small sample size, but as a unit they looked good on Sunday at least.

TATF is going to run with the "Lindstrom saved our O-line" narrative and it makes me sad.

The TRUTH is that we played the Panthers. ALL praise of our o-line has to wait until we play more formidable defense. What I CAN say is that in the small sample size from the Panthers game...Lindstrom looked VERY good. Gono looked better. If either player can perform consistently as they did against the Panthers...we're in for some outstanding line play. I just don't want Gono's play to be overshadowed...because he DEFINITELY outplayed Lindstrom. 

9 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

TATF is going to run with the "Lindstrom saved our O-line" narrative and it makes me sad.

The TRUTH is that we played the Panthers. ALL praise of our o-line has to wait until we play more formidable defense. What I CAN say is that in the small sample size from the Panthers game...Lindstrom looked VERY good. Gono looked better. If either player can perform consistently as they did against the Panthers...we're in for some outstanding line play. I just don't want Gono's play to be overshadowed...because he DEFINITELY outplayed Lindstrom. 

Gonobeast gonna beast!

5 hours ago, athell said:

Yes sir my friend, but why the he// did it take 13 yrs to get it right and that don’t even include the sorry pass rush for the same time period.

TROFFED

45 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Nah, Gono looked like a man possessed.  He for sure is who popped out to me the most.  Like you said, Lindy looked real good Gono looked great.  And Panthers aside, you like to see them do it against someone...anyone...since it happens to few and far between.