Francis York Morgan

100% sure TD is gone

74 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

one of the most blown out of proportion how much these guys are getting paid. Of course they aren't getting paid rookie contract numbers, but their annual pay is NOTHING compared to top 20 highest paid Olineman in the league. They got paid backup money, no one expected any of these guys to be pro bowlers

This! Do I like that we didn't sign a big DL and waited until the fourth to grab one (cominsky, although I like him)? Not really, but the fact that we paid back up money to bolster our decimated OL. Yes. We needed it and brown and Carpenter are better than Fusco and Garland.

The two first round picks were starters. Needs and value picks. The only great argument against the picks was @FalconsIn2012 and his issue wasn't with the players but with losing a third round pick.

Bottom line Koetter sucks and DQ isn't a great coach. The team has talent, when motivated and disciplined. Is that a GM issue? And DQ himself goofed up defense this year.

I'm not sure exactly why people are so anti-TD

 

Schwarzwald and FalconsIn2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

If Sarkisian was still here we wouldn't be complaining about the offense.

Well, some folks will literally complain about anything, but most wouldn't.

If, as I have suspected, Quinn was pressured to fire Sark and take over the DC role, and if as I have further suspected he was pressured to hire Koetter, then the problems we are seeing fall on whoever made those decisions.

And if I'm wrong and Quinn is responsible for both of them, then he needs to be fired and I'm just wrong.  But I don't think I am.  Too many parallels to what we've seen before.

I think that Quinn probably wanted Kubiak or Beville after Kubiak was blocked from being interviewed. 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, runshoot said:

If thats the case, DQ stays. Sark had a top 8 offense and 64% redzone while playing on his SIXTH guard of the season.

I think that if Koetter stays next year the Falcons offense will be back up there again. It seems like year 2 is always better. The offense has to adjust from Sark Koetter and Lindstrom and McGrary need reps.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

The only problem is that was 2017.  Sark got another year after that game.

True. Forgot he actually got two years. Thanks for straightening that out.

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

This! Do I like that we didn't sign a big DL and waited until the fourth to grab one (cominsky, although I like him)? Not really, but the fact that we paid back up money to bolster our decimated OL. Yes. We needed it and brown and Carpenter are better than Fusco and Garland.

The two first round picks were starters. Needs and value picks. The only great argument against the picks was @FalconsIn2012 and his issue wasn't with the players but with losing a third round pick.

Bottom line Koetter sucks and DQ isn't a great coach. The team has talent, when motivated and disciplined. Is that a GM issue? And DQ himself goofed up defense this year.

I'm not sure exactly why people are so anti-TD

 

It’s a bit half pie my excuse why people dislike him and very few will admit to it.

But I believe because of the history of this franchise and how bad they were before he got here plays against TD.

Before he got here there was zero expectation 2008 with a few shrewd moves we went 11-5 and a playoff loss.Stuttered in 2009 before reloading through 10,11,12.

Basically right there getting us to the foot of the summit but falling over and not finishing.If he is to be fired this off season that’s what his legacy will be coming up a fraction short.

All the biking crap and hair gel rubbish are just cheap shots at the guy who bought credibility and expectation when there was none previously.

Probably ABs best hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’s a bit half pie my excuse why people dislike him and very few will admit to it.

But I believe because of the history of this franchise and how bad they were before he got here plays against TD.

Before he got here there was zero expectation 2008 with a few shrewd moves we went 11-5 and a playoff loss.Stuttered in 2009 before reloading through 10,11,12.

Basically right there getting us to the foot of the summit but falling over and not finishing.If he is to be fired this off season that’s what his legacy will be coming up a fraction short.

All the biking crap and hair gel rubbish are just cheap shots at the guy who bought credibility and expectation when there was none previously.

Probably ABs best hire.

Well said, and I agree 100 percent. I hope that AB retains him.

DQ on the other hand has guided an inconsistent team

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think that if Koetter stays next year the Falcons offense will be back up there again. It seems like year 2 is always better. The offense has to adjust from Sark Koetter and Lindstrom and McGrary need reps.  

Teams have a beat on how to beat Koetter offense and I don’t see enough real commitment to running the football.Lack of fast starts procedural mistakes.I for one can’t see the grass through the trees with DKs offense.

You may well be right but if your honest right now can you see the Falcon winning it all with DK as OC?

MSalmon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

True. Forgot he actually got two years. Thanks for straightening that out.

I do think it was the start though.  I think Quinn lost confidence in his ability to scheme against better opponents.  But I also doubt he was pushing to fire him.  I think he was feeling pressure.

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Thomas Dimitroff probably wanted Koetter. Quinn for Sark.

It doesn’t matter - it time to move on. We’ve been TROFFED too many times. He really **** up this past offseason. I can’t understand why anyone would defend him. We can do better surely. 
DQ can go to for all I care but some folks  always blame  Smith and Quinn for the bad choices instead of TD. I mean he!! He is the GM

PokerSteve and MAD597 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

It doesn’t matter - it time to move on. We’ve been TROFFED too many times. He really **** up this past offseason. I can’t understand why anyone would defend him. We can do better surely. 
DQ can go to for all I care but some folks  always blame  Smith and Quinn for the bad choices instead of TD. I mean he!! He is the GM

Dimitroff built 2 championship caliber rosters in 2012 and 2016. We really are just a few pieces away from being a top team imo. It would actually help if we tanked which we won't be and get Chase or Derek Brown. Our defense line would be solid with McKinley, Jarrett and Brown or Young. Offensive line will be fine once Lindstrom and McGrary gel.

Atl Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Dimitroff built 2 championship caliber rosters in 2012 and 2016. We really are just a few pieces away from being a top team imo. It would actually help if we tanked which we won't be and get Chase or Derek Brown. Our defense line would be solid with McKinley, Jarrett and Brown or Young. Offensive line will be fine once Lindstrom and McGrary gel.

Yeah, Takk/Grady/Derek Brown or Chase Young would be a good D-Line. The O-Line will be pretty good with Jake/Lindstrom/Mack/Gono/McGary. You have some nice young pieces at CB. But this team has so many issues with the bad contracts over the past few years.

Atl Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

It doesn’t matter - it time to move on. We’ve been TROFFED too many times. He really **** up this past offseason. I can’t understand why anyone would defend him. We can do better surely. 
DQ can go to for all I care but some folks  always blame  Smith and Quinn for the bad choices instead of TD. I mean he!! He is the GM

I’m with who you got.

Put your name on someone.

I love all this get rid of someone then not much after.

 I defend the guy because I been round long enough to see thee absolute donkeys we've had before TD.

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m with who you got.

Put your name on someone.

I love all this get rid of someone then not much after.

 I defend the guy because I been round long enough to see thee absolute donkeys we've had before TD.

I agree totally ,We need to be careful, we could go way backwards if they start completely over,,, I mean,, look at the time that TD has been here and gathered knowledge to build a great team,, That means a lot.. plus he has learned to work with the owner and with HCs,  I repeat,, Wait till the end of the season to start judging ,,, Because if we play the rest of our games like the last one.. NO Way would I want anything to change...  It's not as simple as fans think to change ,, It's almost like starting all over and then it will be at least another 4 years to see an improvement.. Don't lose your mind fans. Think..

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m with who you got.

Put your name on someone.

I love all this get rid of someone then not much after.

 I defend the guy because I been round long enough to see thee absolute donkeys we've had before TD.

I’ve been a Falcon fan since 1975 and a STH since the mid 80s so its not my first rodeo. I was there with the Smith family and appreciate what AB has done. I understand what your saying but I’m not in the business of hiring GMs and don’t get paid to do so. That’s ABs and BODs job. Of course that means nothing as they hired a firm to find DQ. If fans are satisfied with being mediocre for the most part then I’d say keep TD, if you want a consistent winner and a legit shot at more SBs then I’d say AB needs to go find that person to lead us there. He has the money and resources to do so way more than a bunch of opinionated message board blow hards. However you me and all others are entitled to our own opinion. 

The one person I’m impressed with at this time is Ed Dodds, but like I said AB needs to use his $$$ and resources to find the right one.

TROFFED

Edited by Atl Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the last time anyone HEARD from TD?  Interview, article, etc.?

My thing is, even in down years he's usually been accessible.  Not so much this year.  Maybe that's just my optimism, but I think it's very telling about the situation.  I think he's gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

When is the last time anyone HEARD from TD?  Interview, article, etc.?

My thing is, even in down years he's usually been accessible.  Not so much this year.  Maybe that's just my optimism, but I think it's very telling about the situation.  I think he's gone.

Ive been tooting that since the INDY TENN game!. Where has he been? I was hoping he could get out in front of what was happening with total destruction in all phases of team for some type of leadership of the franchise. We don't have that in this organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’ve been a Falcon fan since 1975 and a STH since the mid 80s so its not my first rodeo. I was there with the Smith family and appreciate what AB has done. I understand what your saying but I’m not in the business of hiring GMs and don’t get paid to do so. That’s ABs and BODs job. Of course that means nothing as they hired a firm to find DQ. If fans are satisfied with being mediocre for the most part then I’d say keep TD, if you want a consistent winner and a legit shot at more SBs then I’d say AB needs to go find that person to lead us there. He has the money and resources to do so way more than a bunch of opinionated message board blow hards. However you me and all others are entitled to our own opinion. 

The one person I’m impressed with at this time is Ed Dodds, but like I said AB needs to use his $$$ and resources to find the right one.

TROFFED

Troffed you reckon so before he got here how do you explain 8 playoff appearances in 42 attempts yes that’s right 42.

Yet you want to say mediocre is in the 12 seasons TDs been here we been to the playoffs 6 times that’s once every 2nd year.Yet that’s mediocre yeah sorry.Of that 6 attempts we’ve probably had 2 maybe 3 shots at winning it all.

Leave MEDIOCRE horse manure with the previous moron GMs that had this franchise before he arrived.

TD isn’t perfect who is,fact of the matter I bet if you go get opinion round the league he’s top tier and probably walks into a job if let go pretty shortly after.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

Sadly, I think Dimitroff will stay. I just got that vibe when the camera showed him and Blank talking together during Sunday's game. Just a gut feeling.

Interesting, I had the exact opposite thought when they showed them. Blank looked angry and dimitroff looked uncomfortable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as i see Quinn gone, TD is gonna be allowed to stay and continue to run this team into the ground even more. Signing injury prone turnstiles like Carpenter and Brown, SAMBRAILO, holding onto mediocre Matthews and breaking the bank for a ******* running back will force us to part with one of the best TEs in the game. Because falcons

Edited by ThrashUnreal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Troffed you reckon so before he got here how do you explain 8 playoff appearances in 42 attempts yes that’s right 42.

Yet you want to say mediocre is in the 12 seasons TDs been here we been to the playoffs 6 times that’s once every 2nd year.Yet that’s mediocre yeah sorry.Of that 6 attempts we’ve probably had 2 maybe 3 shots at winning it all.

Leave MEDIOCRE horse manure with the previous moron GMs that had this franchise before he arrived.

TD isn’t perfect who is,fact of the matter I bet if you go get opinion round the league he’s top tier and probably walks into a job if let go pretty shortly after.

 

Yep you’re right...I hope they hire him as soon as he goes on the inactive list lol. Old Troff did an ok job other than providing a pass rush and OL. But yeah I guess we could do worse...I just hope we give it a try

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fan, I demand answers from this ownership and front office as to who is responsible for every boneheaded decision made since 28-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now