Francis York Morgan

100% sure TD is gone

74 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Why? Because we haven't heard anything about a single UFA on this team. With guys like Austin Hooper becoming available, why wouldn't they get a head start? I get the strong feeling they're waiting for the new GM (and likely HC, though that's marginally less certain) before making any big money decisions...especially with how cap strapped the team currently is. Too many ugly contracts to underperforming players.

The Sambrailo/Carpenter/Brown trifecta is truly a marvel in how to **** up an offseason's free agency. 10.5 mil to those three this year, and almost 18 mil next year (over 14m of it dead money)...and not a current quality starter among them. Can you believe it? And that's not even mentioning the Beasley situation. Did you know he's making almost as much as Za'Darius and Preston Smith put together this year? 

Not trying to act like I figured something big out with this proclamation about free agency...but for the Dimi haters, I think this about puts it to bed. All of his power has been taken away. All he was allowed to do lately is negotiate trades, and maybe he's working on scouting still. He won't be here next season, period.

Ryan will want Hooper back, and right now Ryan is our GM. He looked horrible when Hooper/Jones were out of the line-up, they are his go-to targets. Ridley is probably third on that list currently.

Besides money will not really be an issue next year, unless they choose to not make some needed cuts. Mack should probably stay-on, while Freeman is here for another year, otherwise once the heads roll the money will flow. Plus, add-in some re-structures.

Forgot to add one thing, that weasel TD needs to be gone. Never have been his fan.

Edited by Cheap Talk

27 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

We will all see how well you do on your 100% guarantees ?   Just because they you haven't heard anything does not  mean anything other than you are just a fan like we are. Wait,, I may be getting a call from Mr Blank!  I'll talk to you latter.. lol

:lol:

53 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Except that I explicitly said...

Tbh it sounds less like you're trying to do others a service with my "clickbait" and more like you have a different viewpoint. Let's keep reading.

So nobody knows, but you do. And it's conveniently the opposite of what I think. Gotcha. Let's ignore the multiple people closer to the know saying AB is more irritated with TD.

And I've said multiple times I think DQ is gone too, so I don't know what strawman you're trying to hoist up.

So are you 100% sure, or not? Now I am confused...:lol:

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

If Sarkisian was still here we wouldn't be complaining about the offense.

Well, some folks will literally complain about anything, but most wouldn't.

If, as I have suspected, Quinn was pressured to fire Sark and take over the DC role, and if as I have further suspected he was pressured to hire Koetter, then the problems we are seeing fall on whoever made those decisions.

And if I'm wrong and Quinn is responsible for both of them, then he needs to be fired and I'm just wrong.  But I don't think I am.  Too many parallels to what we've seen before.

Yes, people would be complaining, because there was a ton of complaining about Sark when he was here...

MSalmon likes this

1 minute ago, SexualChocolate said:

Link?

I know.  This guy talks like he is connected to the powers that be.  Super funny. I actually like these false prophets, they bring an interesting perspective.

MSalmon likes this

9 hours ago, robertap said:

They're not doing anything because they can't afford to do anything.  This team is in a serious salary cap bind.  There's no good answer as to how to fix it.  Hooper might be a cap casualty.

Which is awful because he was the heir apparent to TG and we *need* a solid move-the-chains TE who can make tough TDs. 

OP: people can hate but your point about the OL spending + the Beasley situation makes it all pretty **** messy. I see your point. 

3 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

No offense but I hope nobody in the Falcons org. is making decisions based off what the fans want. 

No offense taken. It would be weird if anybody in the Falcons org. gave a dam about what the fans want ~ except for Arthur Blank. As he's said before, he's the owner but he also knows very well he is the steward and caretaker of this team for the fans.

When the Falcons are not putting a winning team on the field, the fans have a very direct and visual way of reacting to that. They stay away from the stadium in droves. Empty seats stab at the heart and the ego of every NFL owner.

Even if the seats have already been paid for, the sight of a cavernous, nearly vacant building for the tv cameras to show is a very bad look for the owner of the team. It screams failure for the whole world to see. 

You might not think that would make a huge difference, but whatever the mood of the fans, the local and national media are going to take that tidal wave of emotion and they're going to run with it. Fuel the fire of loyalty or rebellion, whichever the case might be. In our case obviously, it's rebellion.

Regardless of how much Blank loves Quinn, he knows the fans are done with him. And TD too for that matter. Keeping either or both around would cause even deeper disenchantment from the fans, thousands of whom have already found better things to do with their time and money on Sunday afternoons.

Even if Blank wants Quinn for another year, he's under tremendous pressure to make changes to avoid the possibility of next year even faintly resembling the clusterfluck of this year. Fans have little to no influence on the status of individual players, but when it comes to the team as a whole, they have a tremendous impact in what happens, for better or for worse, with their attendance if nothing else.

The "court of public opinion" has no actual legal standing in trials, nevertheless it's sent many an innocent man to prison or to the gallows. And also helped a few guilty people escape punishment. It works the same way in sports.

In this case the fans' desire for big changes is legit. I think that desire for change and how fans would react to an unfavorable decision by Blank will be a big part of the reason Quinn ~ and perhaps TD also ~ will be gone at the end of the season.

Chaz and GhostofGritz like this

19 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

This is a VERY REAL possibility.  That is how AB rolls!  Love these, "I'm 100% that TD is gone!" Whatever...

As bad as I hate to say this, we need continuity is some form or another. That would mean either promoting people within the organization, or keeping either TD or Quinn. You can forget next year if we just clean house, and we still have the Ryan window open. Blank has himself in a difficult spot. 

HouseofEuphoria likes this

9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

With these bird brain decisions are you 100 that TD was responsible for them and the coach had no input into these picks.

Understand the narrative but in my eyes you gotta tell the whole story.

If your looking at it now the off season plan which both the HC and GM would have both had there finger prints on has failed miserably the idea your throwing it onto one mans shoulder is just wrong.

Dan Quinn is cognisant to this off season plan. TD for sure has facilitated thee off season no doubt about it.

Question being is if your not bringing TD back how can DQ have a job,how can he.Hes run this team into the ground the last 2 years..

Whoever is found responsible for hires of Sark & Koetter is thee first guy to be gone.

This is my opinion as well.   Unless DQ was in the front office fighting against these decisions, advising a different approach and being overridden/outvoted (which I find difficult to blv) this is his baby too.  He’s had 5 years with what was billed as “two guys being in lock-step philosophically re how to build the team” and it’s been mediocre results at best defensively and incredible, yet fleeting offensive success which in hindsight had very ltl do to w DQ or TD bc they’ve proven incapable of success w same basic core and exercised suspect judgement at re:OC hires.  So.....unfortunately for all.....it’s a package deal and it’s over.   Period.  

kiwifalcon likes this

one of the most blown out of proportion how much these guys are getting paid. Of course they aren't getting paid rookie contract numbers, but their annual pay is NOTHING compared to top 20 highest paid Olineman in the league. They got paid backup money, no one expected any of these guys to be pro bowlers

32 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I know.  This guy talks like he is connected to the powers that be.  Super funny. I actually like these false prophets, they bring an interesting perspective.

Dude, I've never claimed any of that. I can't find the article, it may have been consolidated (like a lot of threads), but there was something a bit back (Schultz maybe?) where they said many people close to the situation and in the building believe AB is more annoyed with TD than DQ. This is public information. I think both TD and DQ will be gone.

34 minutes ago, SexualChocolate said:

Link?

The article is somewhere on TATF. Didn't mention names for obvious reasons. They talked about it on 92.9 too.

38 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

So are you 100% sure, or not? Now I am confused...:lol:

I'm 100% sure. That doesn't imply any connections, it just means that I'm sure. When someone says they're 100% sure about a player coming out of the draft, that doesn't mean they can tell the future. Neither can I. Feel free to downgrade it to 99.9% if you hate hyperbole that mucht.

7 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

one of the most blown out of proportion how much these guys are getting paid. Of course they aren't getting paid rookie contract numbers, but their annual pay is NOTHING compared to top 20 highest paid Olineman in the league. They got paid backup money, no one expected any of these guys to be pro bowlers

The issue is that 28 mil over the course of two years would be better spen elsewhere. On starters. And clearly some of them were supposed to start or they wouldn't have even when no injuries happened. It's a ton of money that the team is locked into, and not one of them has paid off. I do think a big part of that is on Koetter though.

4 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

Sadly, I think Dimitroff will stay. I just got that vibe when the camera showed him and Blank talking together during Sunday's game. Just a gut feeling.

I can't argue with that presumption having seen the convo you're referring to. Not exactly the body language or vibe you'd expect to see watching someone who's about to fire the person their chatting with, and that person knowing they're about to get fired.

GhostofGritz likes this

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

If Sarkisian was still here we wouldn't be complaining about the offense.

Well, some folks will literally complain about anything, but most wouldn't.

If, as I have suspected, Quinn was pressured to fire Sark and take over the DC role, and if as I have further suspected he was pressured to hire Koetter, then the problems we are seeing fall on whoever made those decisions.

And if I'm wrong and Quinn is responsible for both of them, then he needs to be fired and I'm just wrong.  But I don't think I am.  Too many parallels to what we've seen before.

Indeed, but if that pressure came from Blank, we know he's not firing himself. We also know that if this is the case, there's no hope for this team whether Quinn stays or goes or who sits in the GM's office.

My own two cents worth, I think Quinn first got pressure from the fans and media. He got called out for hiring an OC with out the proper credentials to take over a high-powered NFL offense. When he couldn't deliver in that game vs the Eagles with a trip to the NFCC in view, I don't think Quinn felt he had any choice but to fire him and get somebody else.

And if Blank were to casually ask Quinn during that time of decision if he was still confident in Sark's capabilities going forward even with his poor performance, what HC wouldn't feel even more impetus to pull the trigger if you were leaning that way already?

Clearly Blank has been too involved in the running of the team, but I don't think that has necessarily expanded to dictating what Quinn should do about his coordinator decisions. The person most at fault for where this team finds itself at the moment is DQ. Even if some of the fault or much of the fault lies elsewhere, he's going to have to take the fall.

JDaveG likes this

4 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

Sadly, I think Dimitroff will stay. I just got that vibe when the camera showed him and Blank talking together during Sunday's game. Just a gut feeling.

Yeah, afraid TD sucks in more ways than one.

GhostofGritz likes this

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

My own two cents worth, I think Quinn first got pressure from the fans and media. He got called out for hiring an OC with out the proper credentials to take over a high-powered NFL offense. When he couldn't deliver in that game vs the Eagles with a trip to the NFCC in view, I don't think Quinn felt he had any choice but to fire him and get somebody else.

The only problem is that was 2017.  Sark got another year after that game.

PokerSteve likes this

Dimitroff has done an excellent job over the years  - stack him against any other GM in the league.

However he does need to move the Captain of the Team draft philosophy.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Indeed, but if that pressure came from Blank, we know he's not firing himself. We also know that if this is the case, there's no hope for this team whether Quinn stays or goes or who sits in the GM's office.

And if Blank were to casually ask Quinn during that time of decision if he was still confident in Sark's capabilities going forward even with his poor performance, what HC wouldn't feel even more impetus to pull the trigger if you were leaning that way already?

Clearly Blank has been too involved in the running of the team, but I don't think that has necessarily expanded to dictating what Quinn should do about his coordinator decisions. The person most at fault for where this team finds itself at the moment is DQ. Even if some of the fault or much of the fault lies elsewhere, he's going to have to take the fall.

Poker this is the call sign for TD being fired what you describe.

If Blank feels he needs to take more part in the decision making around the team he’s lost confidence in his GM and HCs ability to make important decisions.

Thats a call sign for me that one if not both are history the minute after the seasons done.

PokerSteve likes this