Niners injuries

Xyfiel

C Weston Richburg out for year.  Ben Garland as replacement.

Sherman out for a few weeks.

Dee Ford out for a few weeks.

NCB in concussion protocol.

Starting DT Jones has sprained ankle.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28261771/49ers-c-weston-richburg-year-richard-sherman-dee-ford-hurt

I am not ready to predict us winning but it wouldn't surprise me either.

12 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I wouldn’t be mad if y’all won. I want another shot at those chodes, preferably in the same place to see if they can do it again. :lol:

Were they at full strength this past Sunday? I recall hearing a few of these names being out Sunday. I don’t see why Falcon fans think they’re just gonna lay down because they have those injuries. Especially on twitter 

6 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

If they can get pressure on Garappolo consistently, he can be a turnover machine.  It will be interesting to see what defense they come up with to attack SF.

I hate saying this, because I legitimately love the dude, but I think our defensive game plan runs through (literally) Ben Garland.

At least if I'm drawing it up it does.  We know his every weakness.  And even though the staff loves him too, it's their job this week to exploit him.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I hate saying this, because I legitimately love the dude, but I think our defensive game plan runs through (literally) Ben Garland.

At least if I'm drawing it up it does.  We know his every weakness.  And even though the staff loves him too, it's their job this week to exploit him.

I could see Grady abusing Garland. :lol:

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

We just have to cover the back end long enough, because Kyle can screen and slant you to death if you let him.  Someone needs to be scheming up some pick sixes right now.

Zone up front and man on the back end (if the DBs can keep up with that speed).  I hope Campbell raises his game against Kittle--he's a beast.

44 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Zone up front and man on the back end (if the DBs can keep up with that speed).  I hope Campbell raises his game against Kittle--he's a beast.

Campbell was abused by the Panthers TE this past Sunday.... And on one of those long deep crossing routes, Campbell kept following his man and gave up without even realizing the play was still going on AND coming directly towards him and he was simply clueless... I wouldn't expect Campbell to hold Kittle's jock strap..... :(

I don't have much faith in our defense vs Kyle Shanahan. We've had a lot of blown coverages this year and we know how good Shanahan is at scheming open players. Combine that with our inconsistent offense and this is a match up I haven't been looking forward to. My hatred for the saints makes a loss this week not that bad, but I'm hoping for a close competitive game.

I expect Shanahan to run circles around the Falcons defensive plans, but with the Falcons, what you expect almost never happens.  

I will say this:  it wouldn't shock me to see a very flat 49ers team, after that classic down in Vomitville. 

How can they possibly come out with any fire after such a huge statement win?   

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I expect Shanahan to run circles around the Falcons defensive plans, but with the Falcons, what you expect almost never happens.  

I will say this:  it wouldn't shock me to see a very flat 49ers team, after that classic down in Vomitville. 

They’re playing for their division and the #1 seed. I don’t expect a flat 49ers team at all. If we’re being honest Shanahan has the coaching advantage over Quinn. That’s going to ultimately be the key

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

No way Shanahan lets his team play flat.

i think this game is a statement game for him and deep down he wants to bury Quinn for the defensive collapse in the super bowl.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

They’re playing for their division and the #1 seed. I don’t expect a flat 49ers team at all. 

Like I said...it wouldn't shock me.  

Every team shows up listless and out of it once in a while, no matter what.  

Did you see Seattle the other night?  Flat-out dead.   And they're playing for the exact same thing. 

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Like I said...it wouldn't shock me.  

Every team shows up listless and out of it once in a while, no matter what.  

Did you see Seattle the other night?  Flat-out dead.   And they're playing for the exact same thing. 

That’s usually what happens in division games. Like I said in my edit of that post, Shanahan has the coaching advantage heading into this game. On both sides of the football. Its going to be a game of chess that I don’t expect Quinn and his staff to win. You wouldn’t be shocked, Id be completely shocked if Quinn and staff wins the coaching battle