FalconsIn2012

David Shaw to Panthers?

13 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This is something to keep your eye on.  Rumor has it the Panthers owner has made a run at David Shaw.  This would suck.  My bet is the Redskins land him, though

Doesn’t mean panthers. Might just mean he’s leaving for the NFL. Could be anyone planning on firing their coach, including us 

FalconsIn2012, Vandy and HASHBROWN3 like this

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Doesn’t mean panthers. Might just mean he’s leaving for the NFL. Could be anyone planning on firing their coach, including us 

True.  Rumors say Washington & Panthers...wish we would put our name in the ring.  But may still prefer Stefanski atm 

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

True.  Rumors say Washington & Panthers...wish we would put our name in the ring.  But may still prefer Stefanski atm 

Shaw is a very intelligent guy.

No way he would want to work for Daniel Snyder in DC. Panthers seems like a better fit, just need a QB. Unless the Falcons fire Quinn.

Christian McCaffrey also is a former player of his. 

Vandy likes this

It's probably just me - but why does a tweet about 8 Stanford players entering the transfer portal indicate anything about Shaw coming to Panthers or 'Skins?

I like Shaw, he'd be in my top 5 short list behind the likes of Kevin Stefanski, Mike McDaniels, Chris Petersen & Joe Brady, but I'm not convinced he'll make the jump to the NFL.

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Who? I don't keep up with college a ton.

He is a very good college coach..very smart, runs a pro style offense, and has a hard nose football mentality. Has previous NFL coaching experience.

Made Stanford a really competitive program for quite a few years.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon and Vandy like this

On 12/9/2019 at 10:17 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

This is something to keep your eye on.  Rumor has it the Panthers owner has made a run at David Shaw.  This would suck.  My bet is the Redskins land him, though

It would be nice if we took a look at him and kicked the tires.

40 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

It would be nice if we took a look at him and kicked the tires.

Gotta fire our HC first. CAR can start kicking the tires now...same w WAS...that said I would be surprised if he or any coach would chose WAS unless there were no other openings. Snyder is the worst owner to work for and it isn’t close.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this